Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Official Wrestling Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6587 replies to this topic

#6286    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Yay !! The Rock is back.  B)

#6287    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,930 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

View PostJVE, on 15 February 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yay !! The Rock is back.  B)
I've been waiting for that for so long, and I missed it. <_<

Posted Image

#6288    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• 2,587 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

First of all, why has this thread been inactive for 3+ years?? Come on, wrestling lovers, let's get this thread running again!  :clap:

Secondly, Sting made his WWE debut at last! This was truly huge! :tsu:  I certainly hope he'll be in a match against The Undertaker or Bray Wyatt at the upcoming Wrestlemania, because that would be best for business IMO! :yes:

Edited by FollowTheTrail, 16 December 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Even in the darkest of times there's always a trail, which leads to the light!

#6289    BrooklynGuy

BrooklynGuy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hey FTT :st I'm a fan of the WWE. I wish Stone Cold and Mankind would come back from time to time, remember when they were kicking the crap out of Vince every week? Tonight at 8pm they have a live Smackdown on, it should be a good holiday episode. Unfortunately I will have to flip back and forth between wrestling and the Victoria's Secret fashion show on the CW at 9pm, you know purely for the new spring fashion line. :clap: :su :w00t: :P :wub:

WWE:  https://www.youtube....v=Kdm3AbNSa5UVS:

VS: https://www.youtube....h?v=eTjEAZcn2I4

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain

#6290    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• 2,587 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hey, BG, of course i remember! I also remember the stunner that Stone Cold delivered to Vince, when Vince had called the cops to arrest him. That was so funny!! :D

Here it is:

I am a huge fan of WWE too, but i believe the good years of the company have long left us. The Attitude Era was the best and until 2008 it was decent, but right now it's not as good as before. I'm not saying that they hasn't come up with anything good nowadays, but it's really disappointing to think how amazing it used to be and how it is now. But i really liked the idea they had at last year's Christmas, when good Santa and bad Santa battled each other! :tu:  I don't have the WWE Network, so i'll watch the episode of Smackdown, when it'll be uploaded on YouTube. I hope it's gonna be a good one! :)

I'm also a fan of TNA Impact Wrestling and i must say that right now it's way more extreme than the WWE. When you find the time, i strongly recommend you to watch this match! ;)

Edited by FollowTheTrail, 17 December 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#6291    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Brother Ray (sorry, "Bully" Ray - and congratulations on his transition to singles competition, the work he did to change has been worth it for his career) and Abyss are two monsters of wrestling.  They'll never get on WWE Television in their current incarnations (not without removing their bloody sides).  That's just the state of the WWE PG-era.  The Rock barely manages because he is a product of the Attitude Era (and though I really don't recall his Attitude Era bouts I doubt he's as extreme now as he was then).

As for TNA, I loved the show.  I thought it was superior to WWE in every conceivable way.  Their singles competitors provided better quality shows, their females (Knockouts) division, crapped over absolutely anything the Divas had, and their Tag-teams actually meant something (the "Best-out-of-5" series between Motor-City Machine-Guns vs Beer Money was epic).  Unfortunately they hired Hulk Hogan (or rather, he bought them out) and they went down hill.  They are still often better than WWE but they have lost a lot.  I haven't seen the show in a couple of years, but last I heard AJ Styles was Independent - Styles, a founding member of TNA, my favourite wrestler of all time, who I think would have been a star in WWE, he's cutting his teeth on the independent scene (my guess, TNA couldn't afford him, but that's just an assumption).

So yeah, I'm about to watch this match, it looks like a screamer, and I fully expect total mayhem.  But it's unfair to compare it to WWE, since WWE simply are unable to produce this content considering their audience.

Edit: Re Stone Cold Steve Austin - I doubt we'll see him wrestle again.  He's been injured for years, and they've teased a return many times, always against CM Punk (who is the best WWE wrestler of the last ten years).  That match would be epic, but unless Phil Brooks returns to wrestling, we won't see the match (unless AJ Styles commits to WWE - he's the only wrestler I would consider of similar caliber, but there'd need to be at least 18 months, and probably more, to legitimise him).

Double Edit:  Yep, that match was great.  They won't show it on WWE, but unfortunately most of TNA is also just filler stuff (or at least it was two years ago) which means while the product may be better, the amount of action is not, which means WWE still wins for most.  But what can I say, I don't really watch either anymore. Bring back the six-sided ring and we'll talk again ;)

Edited by Paranoid Android, 25 December 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#6292    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,265 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

Phil Brooks (CM Punk) just recently signed a contract  with the UFC...Why i have no clue,he isnt a real fighter and doesnt have the background Lesnar had to transition to mixed martial arts...All about the money i suppose,but the UFC better have him on the undercard of a stacked  night of fights i wont be buying a PPV just to see a former pro wrestler fight an 0-0 or 1-0 fighter.

As far as being a fan i was back during the good ol days of the attitude era and the monday night wars.I tried watching an episode of raw awhile back,but just couldnt get into it...Way to PG and way to much talking!

I still remember the first time i ever watched ECW the real ECW not the WWE version.Talk about action packed!!!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#6293    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• 2,587 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

I don't know why, but i have the feeling that CM Punk will soon leave UFC. I may as well be proven wrong, but i think it's much more than he could handle. Lesnar sure was a whole different story, but not all his memories from UFC are pleasant!

#6294    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• 2,587 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 25 December 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I still remember the first time i ever watched ECW the real ECW not the WWE version.Talk about action packed!!!
So true!

#6295    FollowTheTrail

FollowTheTrail

Female Body Inspector

• 2,587 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

So, Kurt Angle re-signed with TNA, as the company announced yesterday: http://www.impactwre.../news/item/6264 . I think it's what's best for him. He doesn't need WWE.

Kurt Angle re-signing and the deal made with Destination America are two things, which could definitely make one optimistic about TNA'S future. Let's wait and see what the next year holds for TNA!

#6296    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 5,505 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

Just happened to see this CBS interview from a while back of Ric Flair on Youtube. Gets emotional at the end. I'd say Flair and Hogan will be remembered when everybody else is forgotton.

Edited by StarMountainKid, 18 January 2015 - 01:44 AM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#6297    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,265 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

Meh i was never much of a hogan fan but flair was the man!Then came a man named Austin and well thats written in STONE cold... :D

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#6298    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 5,505 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

Well, I found videos of Chicago pro wrestling from the 1950's featuring the likes of Verne Gagne, Nature Boy Buddy Rogers, Hans Schmidt, Angelo Poffo, Dick the Bruiser, Lou Thesz, Haystack Calhoun, Lou Albano, Killer Kowalski, Gorgeous George, etc. All in good quality video from Chicago Film Archives:

https://www.youtube....XryBPpjIw7Dl9Tg

I'm old enough to have watched these matches as a kid in Chicago. I think they're as good as wrestling today, the only difference is these guys actually wrestle as well as punch each other and throw each other around the ring. These are tough guys.
One I like is Verne Gagne vs. Dick The Bruiser: 2 out of 3 falls, 36 minute match.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#6299    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,265 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Star if you remember a lot of those names then you were alive when pro wrestling still had a lot of "catch wrestling" matches back in the day wrestling matches were not so fake lol...

#6300    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,015 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

Im not caught up on everything, but im sure its been great....too bad im missing tommorrows special for work. Raw Rwunion should be fantastic considering the big.names.involved. I would also love to see former divas who were big stars in their own right, like Lita, Trish  Melina, and maybe Beth and Mickie.