Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Apostolic Church

Ant1023

Does anyone belong to this church? I want to ask some questions if you dont mind.

Thanks

• Like 1

Does anyone belong to this church? I want to ask some questions if you dont mind.

Thanks

There are a few forms of the "Old Apostolic Church"... There is the "Oneness" or the "Full Gospel Movement" (who believes in the trinity). There is actually a few more flavors, but that is the broad prospective. I attended a Full Gospel Church that is birthed out of the Apostolic movement. I am totally detached from that now. I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

• Like 1

What do you mean by "Old Apostolic Church?" I have never heard of that.

I think he means OLD LINE... Ladies with hair in buns and to the sort.

I thought "Apostolic" meant that the lineage was through the pope then the cardinals, then bishops and then priests, etc or something like that, (which would include old school attire and procedure as well as post 60's way of dress and behaving.) Also, how could a non- catholic institution call themselves "apostolic?" (for the reason just expressed in the first sentence) But I've never heard that phrase "old apostolic" before... Thanks for your reply, any further answers would be appreciated.

Keven

• Like 1

There are a few forms of the "Old Apostolic Church"... There is the "Oneness" or the "Full Gospel Movement" (who believes in the trinity). There is actually a few more flavors, but that is the broad prospective. I attended a Full Gospel Church that is birthed out of the Apostolic movement. I am totally detached from that now. I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Apostolic church is the same thing as Catholic church. Old Catholic Apostolic Church was established by Apostles of Christ, this includes but is not restricted to Peter and Paul, establishing Roman Church and becoming Bishops in it. Details can be found in Catholic Encyclopaedia at newadvent.com, but in general after the multiple Schisms, Catholic Apostolic Church is officially represented by its branches of common origin - Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox church(es), Anglican Church and Lutheran Church. All these maintain continuous uninterrupted history from the Apostles and Nicene Creed to our days.

Oh, I see. That makes sense. Thank you for the answer. I'll check out the link too.

Keven

Apostolic church is the same thing as Catholic church. Old Catholic Apostolic Church was established by Apostles of Christ, this includes but is not restricted to Peter and Paul, establishing Roman Church and becoming Bishops in it. Details can be found in Catholic Encyclopaedia at newadvent.com, but in general after the multiple Schisms, Catholic Apostolic Church is officially represented by its branches of common origin - Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox church(es), Anglican Church and Lutheran Church. All these maintain continuous uninterrupted history from the Apostles and Nicene Creed to our days.

True on the Catholic Church...

There is also a Denomination called Apostolic that is not tied into Catholic Church. It runs right beside/birthed out of the Pentecostal Movement. When the term "Old" is used, it is often referred to as more older line.

I wish Ant would post back to clear a few things up

True on the Catholic Church...

There is also a Denomination called Apostolic that is not tied into Catholic Church. It runs right beside/birthed out of the Pentecostal Movement. When the term "Old" is used, it is often referred to as more older line.

I wish Ant would post back to clear a few things up

LOL, these heretics are always funny and often select funny names for themselves. I just never heard of this novelty "apostolic" church, sorry. :)

LOL, these heretics are always funny and often select funny names for themselves. I just never heard of this novelty "apostolic" church, sorry. :)

HERETIC ?? Are we into name calling now?? How am I Heretic ?? Because I am not Catholic ?? This Novelty "Apostolic" Church has 100's of congregations across the USA and around the world. Just Google the Term Apostolic and see how many Apostolic Pentecostal churches pop up...

• Like 1

Heretic ? is that like saying your stupid ?

Apostolicity is the mark by which the Church of today is recognized as identical with the Church founded by Jesus Christ upon the Apostles. It is of great importance because it is the surest indication of the true Church of Christ, it is most easily examined, and it virtually contains the other three marks, namely, Unity, Sanctity, and Catholicity. Either the word "Christian" or "Apostolic", might be used to express the identity between the Church of today and the primitive Church. The term "Apostolic" is preferred because it indicates a correlation between Christ and the Apostles, showing the relation of the Church both to Christ, the founder, and to the Apostles, upon whom He founded it. "Apostle" is one sent, sent by authority of Jesus Christ to continue His Mission upon earth, especially a member of the original band of teachers known as the Twelve Apostles. Therefore the Church is called Apostolic, because it was founded by Jesus Christ upon the Apostles. Apostolicity of doctrine and mission is necessary. Apostolicity of doctrine requires that the deposit of faith committed to the Apostles shall remain unchanged. Since the Church is infallible in its teaching, it follows that if the Church of Christ still exists it must be teaching His doctrine.

cont ............

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01648b.htm

Edited by Lt_Ripley

The Nicene Creed

http://64.33.81.65/ancient/nicene.htm

Post-Apostolic Confessions of Faith

Ultimately, the Apostolic and post-Apostolic Church developed finished statements of Christian beliefs known as "creeds."

http://www.catholicapologetics.org/ap020300.htm

If you are catholic , in any form , you have said this at least once in your life.

Hi Everyone, sorry for posting only now, but I had been real busy this last week. why I wanted to know is...

I was "baptized" in the Old Apostolic church, we were in that church when I was only a baby. During this procedure, they open your spiritual eye so that you can see/feel/communicate with spirits. I had all my life had experiences with stuff like this. When I was small, one of the apostels went away and talked bad stuff about this church to my father. He decided to break away from the church and so I grew up in AGS church. Now after so many years after my grandfather's death about 3 weeks ago. My grandmother begged me to go to their church, coz one of the apostels said that that is her purpose for still being on earth. Im not going to church at the moment and would love to be more spiritual.

I have no problem with that, but I do not feel comfortable with the change.

1.They wear hats and skirts or dresses (Woman MUST wear that)

2.Apparently Old Apostolic church are only in South Africa? It broke away from New Apostolic church?

3.Once a year the Apostolics "open the gates of heaven for the lost souls" that are on earth for 15 minutes. Cant remeber what you call that

4.There is alot of priests ( no bible education is needed) and then you get the Apostels (which are very high in rank in the church).

5. They believe in communication with the dead (ok that I know is true)

6. Believe in no heaven up there but only around us

7. And everyone in church calls each other brother or sister?

8. Also they believe after you die, you get a second chance. Spirits can "convert" other spirits to God's will.

I dont want to dissapoint my grandmother by not going, I probably will. But I need more info. She only believes that their church is the right way. Sorry to keep you up with this, but I need all the info that I can get.

Edited by Ant1023

Hi Everyone, sorry for posting only now, but I had been real busy this last week. why I wanted to know is...

I was "baptized" in the Old Apostolic church, we were in that church when I was only a baby. During this procedure, they open your spiritual eye so that you can see/feel/communicate with spirits. I had all my life had experiences with stuff like this. When I was small, one of the apostels went away and talked bad stuff about this church to my father. He decided to break away from the church and so I grew up in AGS church. Now after so many years after my grandfather's death about 3 weeks ago. My grandmother begged me to go to their church, coz one of the apostels said that that is her purpose for still being on earth. Im not going to church at the moment and would love to be more spiritual.

I have no problem with that, but I do not feel comfortable with the change.

1.They wear hats and skirts or dresses (Woman MUST wear that)

2.Apparently Old Apostolic church are only in South Africa? It broke away from New Apostolic church?

3.Once a year the Apostolics "open the gates of heaven for the lost souls" that are on earth for 15 minutes. Cant remeber what you call that

4.There is alot of priests ( no bible education is needed) and then you get the Apostels (which are very high in rank in the church).

5. They believe in communication with the dead (ok that I know is true)

6. Believe in no heaven up there but only around us

7. And everyone in church calls each other brother or sister?

8. Also they believe after you die, you get a second chance. Spirits can "convert" other spirits to God's will.

I dont want to dissapoint my grandmother by not going, I probably will. But I need more info. She only believes that their church is the right way. Sorry to keep you up with this, but I need all the info that I can get.

Yes. Yours is a clinical case, it is very hard to advise you what to do. Try reading Marx, Engels, Nietzsche and Lenin, maybe this would help. :)

• 2 months later...

I agree with ripleys quote that apostolic church in general terms would refer to going back to the teachings of the apostles, as opposed to the evolved teachings of the catholic, or even reformed, churches.

On the other hand, the church discussed here sounds like it has connections to both the early christian gnostic movement, and even the prechristian gnostics.

They (any material about these movements) make for interesting reading for anyone interested in the evolution of human belief along the christian spectrum

Edited by Mr Walker

• 4 years later...

I grew up in the OAC and was an active member during my 20's. That was almost 20 years ago, what questions do you want to ask?

• 4 months later...

Hi Mork

Im from south africa. My girlfriend is in the aoc. I would like too know how you got out of the church? Any of the things you read on the net true or just stories? Ive tried reasoning but there is no hope.

Chris

• 3 months later...

I'm from the old apostolic church, and to answer @keven......there's only one church that's spoken about in the bible and thts the apostles, I've neva read about any other church there.....aswell as officers of the church, no other officers like popes nd pastors nothing

• 1 month later...

I grew up in the OAC and was an active member during my 20's. That was almost 20 years ago, what questions do you want to ask?

Getting out of the church is easy, it is getting the church out of you that is impossible. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

dear beloved, Im sorry for the late response. The OAC is not a church but it is rather a teaching which has uncovers the hidden truths that man has always being searching for. This teaching is for the bold and those who dare to swim against the stream in order to find the true light

According to the Old Apostolic Church, God made everything in its order and exact purpose. For example no one can be saved by any name other than that of Our Lord Jesus Christ, but remember it is the very same Christ who appointed Apostles as his representatives on earth...Matthew 10. Of which He Himself was and still is their Chief. These are just mere men of whom some we grew up with and others we will sometimes doubt because we now their natural lives but like it or not The OAC has the formular on how to enter the Heavens and they always have. Only those who study their teachings with body, mind and soul will discover the hidden treasures from above. Though if you are of this world. No matter how long Jesus talks to you, you will not hear nor understand Him.

The Old Apostolic's are the only souls that believe that Jesus' project on Apostleship was not a failed project. In fact God's plans last forever and are perfect. Believe in His church and His Christ who lives in man and He will save you from your wickedness. Amen

• 1 year later...

I grew up in the OAC and was a very active member of the OAC. Thank God my eyes were opened and I'm no longer a member of the OAC, it's a cult. I have written a blog about their history and doctrines. The blog is still in draft format, I'm busy going through the history in more depth and with more references with which I will update my posts in more detail.

http://oldapostolicchurchrevealed.blogspot.co.za/

On 2015/04/02 at 9:13 PM, Beloved Timothy said:

dear beloved, Im sorry for the late response. The OAC is not a church but it is rather a teaching which has uncovers the hidden truths that man has always being searching for. This teaching is for the bold and those who dare to swim against the stream in order to find the true light

It's called Old Apostolic Church and it's actually a schism of the New Apostolic Church (Court case of 1926) when Carl Klibbe broke ties in 1915. The so-called hidden truths you're referring to is taking single verses in the Bible out of context. If you're using Scripture as a springboard to say whatever you want rather than teaching what the Bible actually says, you might as well exegete Little Bo Peep. http://www.davidprince.com/2014/06/04/little-bo-peep-sermons/

• The topic was locked