Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

Hmm, I somehow don't believe this, as there are many imposter ark's in Ethiopia. They even have a festival once per year where they drag "The Ark" through their village streets and dance around it. Is this Ark one of the imposters? I guess the only real way to tell is have somebody touch it....I volunteer Mirror Image! *schemes* (if Mirror Image touches the Ark, I'll be one step closer to global domination with my aquatic sub rulers!)  devil.gif

#17    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

SpIdErCyDe on Jun 26 2009, 02:35 PM, said:

Hmm, I somehow don't believe this, as there are many imposter ark's in Ethiopia. They even have a festival once per year where they drag "The Ark" through their village streets and dance around it. Is this Ark one of the imposters? I guess the only real way to tell is have somebody touch it....I volunteer Mirror Image! *schemes* (if Mirror Image touches the Ark, I'll be one step closer to global domination with my aquatic sub rulers!)  devil.gif

You might be one step closer to the funny farm, with the rubber wallpaper; but as to your ridiculous schemes for world domination? Man, you just ain't kicking it!  *shakes head*

Laser guided sharks... my butt!   tongue.gif

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#18    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

On a side note, the main article states: "Ethiopians believe it is destined to be delivered to the Messiah when He reigns on Mount Zion, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem."

In Revelation, in the Bible, supposedly the Antichrist figure sets up his one world religion in Jerusalem where he presides from the temple mount...

Atheist, agnostic, believer, whatever, this isn't looking good people. lol

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 26 June 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#19    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

all I can say is some one should check for this ..............

linked-image

How and who are they unveiling it too ? I thought no one but a select few can view it . so much for that.

#20    seanph

seanph

Government Agent

• 3,490 posts

• "Time has drawn us toward the commonsensical-sounding yet elusive moral truth that people everywhere are people, just like us."--Robert Wright

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

LTR ...  laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif  

Fascinating anyway you look at it. The Ethiopians have been guarding it for so long, I am most eager to see what it looks like. Even more eager to see if they will allow scholars to inspect it. We shall see.

Most kindly,

Sean

Edited by seanph, 26 June 2009 - 02:40 PM.

"Any religion whose prerequisites for individual salvation donít conduce to the salvation of the whole world is a religion whose time has passed."--Robert Wright, The Evolution of God

#21    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

Lt_Ripley on Jun 26 2009, 02:38 PM, said:

all I can say is some one should check for this ..............

linked-image

How and who are they unveiling it too ? I thought no one but a select few can view it . so much for that.

Nah, anybody can view it, only a select few can supposedly touch it without being immediately fried crispy. The Israelites supposedly used to carry it around in field battles or so the story goes.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 26 June 2009 - 02:47 PM.

#22    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,160 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

So when today is the announcement?

Nibs  

*feeling lazy and ADDish*

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#23    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

If it will pop corn ?  I'll be impressed. linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 26 June 2009 - 02:54 PM.

#24    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

keithisco on Jun 26 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

He is not actually going to show the Ark on Friday, as that is (possibly) still in Ethiopia, just announce when it will be shown and when it will be put in the Museum.

Strange that it is in the hands of Christians dont you think?? cool.gif

Not really, only a minority of the Jews living in Ethiopia did not convert in the first few centuries. Ethiopia can claim for itself to be the first Christian country.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#25    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

questionmark on Jun 26 2009, 10:54 AM, said:

Not really, only a minority of the Jews living in Ethiopia did not convert in the first few centuries. Ethiopia can claim for itself to be the first Christian country.

According to the 2009 national census, over 37 million people or 43.5% were reported to be Ethiopian Orthodox Christians, over 29 million or 33.9% were reported to be Muslim, just under 15,7 million, or 18.6%, were Protestant, and just under two million or 2.6% adhered to traditional beliefs.[1]

#26    The Original Chupa King

The Original Chupa King

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Lt_Ripley on Jun 26 2009, 11:53 AM, said:

If it will pop corn ?  I'll be impressed. linked-image

I'm expected them to open it up and a homeless guy will crawl out.

"Oops, sorry. Spent a lil more time in there than I meant to....and you might have a rat problem. Bye!"

#27    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

If it's the real deal, I would think they'd need robotic arms or something to open it up...as it should have the ability to kill anyone who is not a direct descendent from the priests of the IsrealiteTribe of Levi. Must be some kind of DNA encoded death ray or something. The technology of God, how interesting is that?   yes.gif

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 26 June 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#28    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

The original "Christians" were Jewish folk who had turned away from the old Jewish traditions of burning offerings, to follow the teachings of Christ.   At first, "gentiles" were not allowed to hear the word of Christ, but he said that what he had to teach was for everyone.  Therein was likely part of the cause for a split creating "Christianity".  However, that came AFTER Moses supposedly led his people out of Egypt, so the ones he was leading, and who used the Ark of the Covenant as a weapon, WERE supposedly the ones following the old Jewish customs. (They DID still do all the burnt offering stuff).  BUT, since this was allegedly something God himself instructed Moses to build and use, either religion could lay claim to it, since both belive in God.  The followers of the Jewish religion, still think the messiah has not yet arrived and are awaiting his coming.  They do not accept that Jesus is the one in their prophesies that told of a savior.  They did not want to accept that this savior would be born among them rather than being sent down from heaven on a divine carpet or something. happy.gif

Anyway, the point is, they are covering their butts as to authenticity right from the get-go by saying that a copy has been made a put in every church in Ethiopia.  How did they do that for starters if no one is allowed to see it? and secondly, they did this so no one would know which was the original.  Duh!  How would we know even now?  Just accept it because they said so?

Oh - the darn thing quit working after Moses died.

Edited by Qoais, 26 June 2009 - 04:52 PM.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#29    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

the ark is Jewish property ... no and's if's or buts' about it.

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 26 June 2009 - 04:50 PM.

#30    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,165 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

HerNibs on Jun 26 2009, 08:52 AM, said:

So when today is the announcement?

Nibs  

*feeling lazy and ADDish*

Will it's 11 am here and it has to be at least 7 or 8 hours ahead of my time and yet nothing hmmmm.

I bet it's a microwave Ripley so you will be able to have your popcorn  laugh.gif

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users