Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is there a stuffed Thunderbird in Ontario ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• News Writer
  • 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

Image credit: Wikipedia
Image credit: Wikipedia
Cryptozoologist Karl Shuker looks back at a case from 1998 in which he received information from a University Professor on a possible stuffed thunderbird being kept in the town of Spanish, Ontario.

"Karl Shuker: In 1998, I received the following fascinating information of possible relevance to North America's ongoing thunderbird or 'big bird' mystery. And this time it involves something much more substantial than a missing thunderbird photo - nothing less, in fact, than what may be a missing stuffed thunderbird!"

View: Full Article | Source: ShukerNature

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,275 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

Sounds just like talk. I know someone who is from near there, though, maybe I'll email them... But again, probably just talk.

do your palms ever itch?

#3    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find out. I imagine it's just a rumor, because if anyone had something this serious, we'd know by now.

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,455 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

If Karl Shuker has contacts in Ontario, Canada, why not send one of them directly to the town of Spanish to confirm the report? I'm certain there are cryptologists in Canada too. We do have the Sasquatch over here.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#5    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

Ebonykrow on Jun 29 2009, 01:44 PM, said:

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find out. I imagine it's just a rumor, because if anyone had something this serious, we'd know by now.

Agreed.

#6    Melly

Melly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• "Dude means nice guy. Dude means a regular sort of person." - Captain America

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

I actually live near there...I wonder if I should be nosy  ph34r.gif .  I've never heard of anything like this before so I imagine it's someone puffing up a story about an old man with a really large stuffed eagle or something.

"...I shake you warmly by the hand."- Willy Wonka
"Nope. I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that!" - Earl Hickey

#7    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

Melly on Jun 29 2009, 08:31 PM, said:

I actually live near there...I wonder if I should be nosy  ph34r.gif .  I've never heard of anything like this before so I imagine it's someone puffing up a story about an old man with a really large stuffed eagle or something.

You can go check this thing out and we may know more....
Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,302 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

Melly on Jun 29 2009, 08:01 AM, said:

Well, if I'd shot and stuffed a eagle or other large bird, I'd probably not admit to it. Isn't shooting an eagle a major crime?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#9    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

Ebonykrow on Jun 29 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

Agreed
Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#10    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,275 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

DieChecker on Jun 29 2009, 04:55 PM, said:

Well, if I'd shot and stuffed a eagle or other large bird, I'd probably not admit to it. Isn't shooting an eagle a major crime?

Indeedy do... but at least knowledge that the thing actually exists, never mind what it is. Pictures of this thing would have been excellent.

do your palms ever itch?

#11    Archosaur

Archosaur

Psychic Spy

• 1,004 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

How many people does a thunderbird have to eat before he's stuffed?

...no wonder he couldn't just fly away...

#12    FootBeef

FootBeef

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Location:Centerville: A Real Nice Place to Raise Your Kids Up

• I'm The Meany

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Archosaur on Jun 29 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

How many people does a thunderbird have to eat before he's stuffed?

...no wonder he couldn't just fly away...

zing

Removed signature.  Exceeds allowable size limits.  Click here for more information

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

Why write an article then go see if the rumor is true? What a tosser.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,302 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

Maybe because writing an article can pay the bills, sometimes, but going looking for a rumored stuffed bird has a high probability of being a waste of time.

It is a lot easier to pass on stories and speculate, right? It is what most of us do.  laugh.gif  thumbsup.gif

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Expert Procrastinator

• 1,293 posts

• I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

How do you hide that thing?! laugh.gif

I wish it were true, but I think it is fake. sad.gif

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users