Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 19 votes

Slender Man is upon us

• Please log in to reply
1205 replies to this topic

#1171    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Slender Man is no match for Considerable Man!

Considerable Man dresses all in black, because it is slimming.
He has a fat face, fat body, fat arms and legs, and he chases you for a very short time.

#1172    gantonio45

gantonio45

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

Does Slender Man have any connection to Grinning Man? Or, are they interchangeably the same entity? I've heard a lot of Grinning Man, and I believe I have heard him referred to as Slender Man as well but I can't quite recall.

#1173    noun0001

noun0001

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

I sometimes enter a place in my dream that I call "NeverWhere"; it is a place that never was; that's how people before my time say it as "Never-Never World" or "Never-World" for short. I think what they call "The Slender Man" is stalking me through this "NeverWhere"--a world where everything is tinted-blue, and, where the shadow of objects are a deep-black color. This so-called "Shadow Person"-looking figure of a man comes and tries to choke me to death; I fight back in this particular dream. "It" tried to deceive me into think "it-self" was my older brother John-Paul; "it" even had his voice exactly-matched. I saw "it''s face in the dream; it was exactly like what is describe as what the "Slender-Man"-face-area is described as. There were other "dark-figures" in the shape-form of animals; a cat and a dog. Somehow, I wanted to journey into the outside world of "NeverWhere", but, for some reason I could not; that's when "it" showed up and attacked me by choking me with "it";s own handsl "It" was making a growling-like sound. Then I had woken-up in my bed in the late-morning. There's this other boogieman that one of my friends calls "The-Silver-Man"; "Silver-Man" for short. "Silver-Man" is dressed like a cowboy, but, in all-silver-color; he likes to stalk people, and, he likes to shot his silver-color-gun. I only had one dream where "The-Silver-Man" was in it; the dream was very weird.

Edited by noun0001, 12 January 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#1174    Scheming B

Scheming B

Monster Slayer

• 4,736 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

View Postgantonio45, on 11 January 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

Does Slender Man have any connection to Grinning Man? Or, are they interchangeably the same entity? I've heard a lot of Grinning Man, and I believe I have heard him referred to as Slender Man as well but I can't quite recall.

THey're not connected to my knowledge

However there are similarities.

black suit, appear/disappear, unknown motivations, etc.

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#1175    gantonio45

gantonio45

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostKelevra, on 12 January 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

THey're not connected to my knowledge

However there are similarities.

black suit, appear/disappear, unknown motivations, etc.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up for me.

#1176    persius

persius

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. -Walt Disney

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

i played the game once..all alone in the dark...and that scared me  out  of skin....

#1177    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,531 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on 13 July 2009 - 01:37 AM, said:

why the Slender Man is BRILLIANT

1.It proves the weak-mindedness of people who see things and think: "That must be real because it scares me and I like getting scared!"

2. It shows how cryptid legends and urban legends can start clearly and decisivly.

3. It proves how people would rather believe in something fake then think rationally.

These are all idea's based upon independent "sightings" made by people who assumed the man was real, some are very humourous.

Wasn't this the case with the so-called chupacabra: a made up fictional beast whose moniker was later attached to a variety of hairless dog? It's amazing how much traction these things can get.

#1178    Scandal

Scandal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Slender man is just a slender man.

#1179    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,920 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

View Postnoun0001, on 12 January 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

I sometimes enter a place in my dream that I call "NeverWhere"; it is a place that never was; that's how people before my time say it as "Never-Never World" or "Never-World" for short. I think what they call "The Slender Man" is stalking me through this "NeverWhere"--a world where everything is tinted-blue, and, where the shadow of objects are a deep-black color. This so-called "Shadow Person"-looking figure of a man comes and tries to choke me to death; I fight back in this particular dream. "It" tried to deceive me into think "it-self" was my older brother John-Paul; "it" even had his voice exactly-matched. I saw "it''s face in the dream; it was exactly like what is describe as what the "Slender-Man"-face-area is described as. There were other "dark-figures" in the shape-form of animals; a cat and a dog. Somehow, I wanted to journey into the outside world of "NeverWhere", but, for some reason I could not; that's when "it" showed up and attacked me by choking me with "it";s own handsl "It" was making a growling-like sound. Then I had woken-up in my bed in the late-morning. There's this other boogieman that one of my friends calls "The-Silver-Man"; "Silver-Man" for short. "Silver-Man" is dressed like a cowboy, but, in all-silver-color; he likes to stalk people, and, he likes to shot his silver-color-gun. I only had one dream where "The-Silver-Man" was in it; the dream was very weird.
Slender Man was invented by a forum member on the Something Awful website.  There was a thread about members photoshopping paranormal photographs and Slender Man photos were posted by a member along with an authentic sounding but made-up background story.

Before that thread, there was no such thing as Slender Man and nobody talked about it.  If you search Google Trends, there's no mention pre-2009 and interest suddenly exploded in 2012 and dropped down somewhat afterward.

Which is exactly what you would expect if it was an Internet urban legend and not at all what you expect if it were a true story with people having experiences going back deep in time.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#1180    Scheming B

Scheming B

Monster Slayer

• 4,736 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

Still, solid monster

Haven't had a good scary monster created in forever it seems.  Slenderman and Shadow people seem to be our best things going in the past 100 years or so.

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#1181    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,089 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 12 February 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

Slender Man was invented by a forum member on the Something Awful website.  There was a thread about members photoshopping paranormal photographs and Slender Man photos were posted by a member along with an authentic sounding but made-up background story.
Before that thread, there was no such thing as Slender Man and nobody talked about it.  If you search Google Trends, there's no mention pre-2009 and interest suddenly exploded in 2012 and dropped down somewhat afterward.
Which is exactly what you would expect if it was an Internet urban legend and not at all what you expect if it were a true story with people having experiences going back deep in time.

We all know that Slender Man was invented by Victor Surge and posted on the Something Awful website in 2009.
But fear not, mystery-seekers! This will all be forgotten on the next page of the thread.

#1182    BeastieRunner

BeastieRunner

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

View Postacute, on 15 February 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

We all know that Slender Man was invented by Victor Surge and posted on the Something Awful website in 2009.
But fear not, mystery-seekers! This will all be forgotten on the next page of the thread.

That was the joke a while ago; we had to explain his origins and that he was faked on every page! Glad to see it's back.

Anyway, here's the next entries from Marble Hornets:

Edited by BeastieRunner, 17 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

#1183    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

Is it me, or has Slender Man jumped the shark?

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#1184    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,340 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I always thought Slender Man was a rip off of the Tall Man from the Phantasm movies

#1185    BeastieRunner

BeastieRunner

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

View Postlizzieboo, on 17 March 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Is it me, or has Slender Man jumped the shark?

I dunno. There's a new game and it's being ported to consoles. Also there's a feature length Hollywood movie, called Slender Man coming out just in time for Halloween this year. Maybe not yet? I'd be willing to say that if Season 3 of MH, the game ,and the new movie bust.

Anywho, here is another entry:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Tb33j_DWu8Y

The endgame has begun! :alien:

Edited by BeastieRunner, 18 March 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users