Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 19 votes

Slender Man is upon us

• Please log in to reply
1205 replies to this topic

#76    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:10 AM

:o
Slender man, slender man.  Always does what slender can!

It is me!

#77    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

View PostOldTimeRadio, on Jul 25 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

That's an idea well worth discussing.

John Keel wrote nearly 40 years ago that the Greenwich Village apartment where Maxwell Grant conceived The Shadow and wrote millions of words concerning him was subsequently haunted by his most famous fictional creation.

Similar stories are told regarding the Brooklyn apartment where horror master H. P. Lovecraft lived and wrote during the mid-1920s.

Yes, I read of that in the Mothman Prophecies. Another strange one are the sightings of a chainsaw weilding man, covered in blood in the room where the infamous Chainsaw-scene in Scarface occured.

Jesus, I was evil

#78    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on Jul 27 2009, 05:24 AM, said:

Yes, I read of that in the Mothman Prophecies. Another strange one are the sightings of a chainsaw weilding man, covered in blood in the room where the infamous Chainsaw-scene in Scarface occured.

What we seem to be dealing with in such cases, assuming that they are indeed genuine, is something at least akin to the Tibetan idea of tulpas.

#79    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:35 AM

What are tulpas?

Jesus, I was evil

#80    Tokemus

Tokemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• Insanity's Asylum

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:04 AM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on Jul 28 2009, 03:35 AM, said:

What are tulpas?

In mysticism a tulpa is the concept of a being or object which is created through sheer willpower alone. It is a materialized thought that has taken physical form and is usually regarded as synonymous to a thoughtform.

Basically how God was born  :lol:

#81    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:45 AM

Thank you, Tokemus. I have heard them referred to as "psychic dolls." In Black Magic it is the "sending" (although I wasn't thinking along those lines).

But I might quibble a little bit over the "created through sheer willpower alone," which presupposes an act of volition. The types of thought-forms which reputedly haunt Maxwell's Grant's and H. P. Lovecraft's old digs seem to be "accidentals" rather than puposefully-created constructs. It's the psychic equivalent of the tenant forgetting to clean out the bookshelves when he vacates.

Edited by OldTimeRadio, 29 July 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#82    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

Tulpas, very interesting. Are there any specific hows to producing a tulpa?

Jesus, I was evil

#83    Tokemus

Tokemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• Insanity's Asylum

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:30 AM

View PostUndeadskeptic, on Jul 29 2009, 05:14 AM, said:

Tulpas, very interesting. Are there any specific hows to producing a tulpa?

Tulpa is just a concept. Just wiki it or something lol. That's where I got my definition.

Entry #10, and it's a chase scene! :D

Edited by Tokemus, 29 July 2009 - 04:47 AM.

#84    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 13,875 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

View PostTokemus, on Jul 29 2009, 12:30 AM, said:

Tulpa is just a concept. Just wiki it or something lol. That's where I got my definition.

Entry #10, and it's a chase scene! :D
Oh I love entry 10 :D

#85    Tokemus

Tokemus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• Insanity's Asylum

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

Guys/Gals, I need help locating a thread. I'm not sure if it was here or on /x/, if it was on /x/ it's as good as gone. Either way, in the thread a guy's little brother was being disturbed at night by a tapping on the window. Attempts to capture whatever it was on film failed. Their dog barked at whatever it was before being scared away. Now I was in one of those paranoid Slender Man moods when I remembered said thread. The details sounded a lot like Slender Man's behavior i.e. stalking young children, tapping on windows, and hopefully he didn't disembowel the dog ;_; I'm about 80% sure the thread was here in the experiences section, but it was so long ago I don't think I'll ever find it. Does anybody remember it?

EPIC ****ING UPDATE!

I was browsing through a sleep paralysis thread (I have a lot of it) when I came upon this post by another member:

"I was talking to my mother yesterday about my experiences with SP. Strange, but, she and my brother both experience it. I've read somewhere it's genetic, I believe it is.

My most creepy experience with it was during the day, I was napping. I felt the familiar trapped feeling of SP and couldn't move or open my eyes. I wasn't too scared until I felt something lay atop me ( I'd also done this before, and it's scary, but, common) I wasn't at my height in terror until I felt it choking me and growling in my ear. ( Maybe the growls were me, I don't know, but they sounded quite animal) The sensations would change from a heavy feeling of someone just laying there flat on top of me and choking me, to something moving all over me rapidly, like a large, large animal walking all over me very quickly. I kept trying to scream, but couldn't. I was able to twitch until I woke up and my face was soaked with tears. I haven't had it happen that intense for a while, and hope it doesn't happen this way again.

After I came out of the closet with this story, my mother told me hers. She was in the SP state and felt something lay down beside her and say, " You can't move, I'm coming for you both, you know" After my step dad had left for work.She felt as if something were on her chest.

My little brother complains that he has similiar things happen, but his are accompanied by seeing a dark figure in the top corner of the wall, seemingly floating there, he calls it " The tall man"

If this is an actual condition, I sure as hell with they'd find a cure. I seem to be the one most often experiencing it, and I hate it.

Uh....sleep is such a strange thing,."

See anything WEIRD? *hint* It's the third to last sentence. It honestly freaked me out ;_;

Edited by Tokemus, 29 July 2009 - 10:56 AM.

#86    shalala

shalala

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• -super/nerd-

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

Dang it, Slender Man, why?

Now I will never be able to go in the woods again without fear of you popping out of nowhere with your tentacle arms and EATING MY FACE CLEAN OFF.

#87    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

Love entry 10, so freaky. :unsure2:

Marble Hornets has a twitter page. :)  
Marble hornets twitter page

Edited by Fell, 31 July 2009 - 09:04 AM.

#88    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:57 AM

Somebody has created a response to entry 9.

It means something, but I can't figure it out.

Regards

They also created a response to entry 10.

It is also a message, can't figure this one out either. :hmm:

Operator

Could this be the missing audio from some of the entries?! :o

Edited by Fell, 03 August 2009 - 02:00 AM.

#89    NaturalMethod

NaturalMethod

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• Be strong to be useful.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

View PostOldTimeRadio, on Jul 27 2009, 01:51 PM, said:

What we seem to be dealing with in such cases, assuming that they are indeed genuine, is something at least akin to the Tibetan idea of tulpas.

This slender man reminds me of the real accounts  of the "grinning man" or MIB accounts in John Keels "Mothman Proph" and "The guide to mysterious beings" One of Keels theories was that of Tulpas as well, I tend to agree with it we create these nightmares ourselves who knows maybe this slender man will be a tulpa as well...

Be strong to be useful.

#90    NightTrainMurderer

NightTrainMurderer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

I have to say that I have really enjoyed all of the work and creativity that has gone into the "Slender Man". When I saw exactly how much people were putting into him with all of the stories, witness accounts, interviews, photoshops and videos the first thing that popped into my head was The Philip Experiment. You see I am a firm believer that we can create a paranormal entity if there is enough attention, focus and or emotion devoted to it.

The Slender Man may have just started off as a photoshop by a creative individual but it also triggered something in the minds of other people on that site. What if something that received this kind of response could infact come to be?

Edited by NightTrainMurderer, 03 August 2009 - 01:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users