Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Months w/ 34 days. and other anomalies.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

believe it or not i had an experienec like this once before too. I was reading a book and opened to the first page, and there was no table of contents. I closed it then opened it again and there was. I thought that was strange cause I swore that there wasn't. dimensional shift? who knows. its interesting though

#17    Drago

Drago

Annoying Skeptic Dude

• 1,562 posts

• Bolted doors and windows barred,
    Guard dogs prowling in the yard,
    Won't protect you in your bed,
    Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

...Or it's possible that the empty/blank page that usually follows the table of contents got stuck to the table of contents page.  It happens to me all the time, it's just static electricity.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn!

Attention all '2012 is when the world will end' advocates: If, on January 1st 2013, the world has not ended, I will expect a written formal apology from each of you.  That is all.

#18    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

These memories may have been created by the OP rather than experienced. I think that someone may have made an offhand joke, or was maybe even directly funning with the OP at some point. From there, the OP's mind may have created the false memories of calendars and further conversations about the 32nd of the month. I don't know if I have expressed the point very well, so I will use an example. When I was really little, my grandfather used to tell me stories about his childhood. I enjoyed them so thoroughly, and knew many of the people in those stories, that there was a point where I was not sure if they were even his stories anymore, or if some of those things happened to me. I sorted it out as I got older, but I can see where I might not have.

As for the sharks... can't help you there. If I Google them they are everywhere.

#19    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:31 AM

Drago on Jul 12 2009, 08:28 PM, said:

...Or it's possible that the empty/blank page that usually follows the table of contents got stuck to the table of contents page.  It happens to me all the time, it's just static electricity.

could be but I doubt it because  it was several pages long. who knows

#20    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

Leonardo on Jul 12 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

No, not retarded or suffering brain dysfunction. Simply that you became convinced in the truth of a falsehood and have (it would appear) constructed memories to support that belief (hence your 'memories' of seeing calendars with 34 day months).

Constructed (false) memories are an interesting phenomenon and call into question what we may perceive as real or history may not have existed at all.

Yep and remembering childhood memories is very difficult and is likely to be highly, highly inaccurate. though failing to find saw sharks on the internet is embarrassing.

Though that picture Her Nibs is a sawfish not a saw shark, the gill on a shark are always on the flanks, that one has spiracles and underside gills making a ray and hence a sawfish (sorry for the nerdiness)

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#21    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,232 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

Mattshark on Jul 13 2009, 02:33 PM, said:

Yep and remembering childhood memories is very difficult and is likely to be highly, highly inaccurate. though failing to find saw sharks on the internet is embarrassing.

Though that picture Her Nibs is a sawfish not a saw shark, the gill on a shark are always on the flanks, that one has spiracles and underside gills making a ray and hence a sawfish (sorry for the nerdiness)

Go full nerd!!! Post a pic!

tongue.gif

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#22    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:58 PM

HerNibs on Jul 13 2009, 09:40 PM, said:

Go full nerd!!! Post a pic!

tongue.gif

Nibs

tongue.gif I used to work with sawfish so I know them quite well. To be fair looking up sawshark mainly brings up pics of sawfish.

linked-image
This is a Japanese sawshark
You can see the gills there and the saw is slightly different.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#23    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,232 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

Mattshark on Jul 13 2009, 05:58 PM, said:

tongue.gif I used to work with sawfish so I know them quite well. To be fair looking up sawshark mainly brings up pics of sawfish.

linked-image
This is a Japanese sawshark
You can see the gills there and the saw is slightly different.

Freaking cool looking fish!!!  grin2.gif  Thanks!

I think they are calling a sawfish a saw shark at hubby's work...gonna have to point this out to him.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users