Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

My Hollow Earth Theory

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

I think that the Hollow Earth theory could be true because of all of the old stories and Myths of are ancestors.  They have clear descriptions of people going down into the underworld and meeting all of the Gods who rule their.  Now even modern day science is starting to accept the possibility of a underworld where all of the these ancient Heroes Descend into the depths of the Earth and come out. Please post if you agree and any myths you have on the underworld would be great. Thanks

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

It is possible there is underground civilizations, but I really haven't seen any sign off it, or heard of heros coming from the ground recently. Maybe they all got wiped out??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    Ikki

Ikki

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

• Bibo cerevisiam, ergo sum.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:15 AM

See this link for why the Earth cannot be hollow wink2.gif :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismic_wave

Now even modern day science is starting to accept the possibility of a underworld where all of the these ancient Heroes Descend into the depths of the Earth and come out.

Source please? blink.gif

The myths you're referring to are in most cases inspired by caves and tunnels near Earth's surface. For instance, the underworld aspects of Maya mythology revolved heavily around a very real network of caves that still stretch beneath most of the ancient Maya world -- check it out for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_cave_sites

UM member marduk said:

Listen buddy the only thing the danish are experts on is lager.

"A knife stays sharp by applying friction at a slight angle on both sides of its edge, not by giving it moist kisses 24/7" - Abramelin, drunk

#4    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

stevemagegod on Jul 14 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

I think that the Hollow Earth theory could be true because of all of the old stories and Myths of are ancestors.  They have clear descriptions of people going down into the underworld and meeting all of the Gods who rule their.  Now even modern day science is starting to accept the possibility of a underworld where all of the these ancient Heroes Descend into the depths of the Earth and come out. Please post if you agree and any myths you have on the underworld would be great. Thanks

By the exact same logic, there are also any number of flying, multi-headed beasts cavorting about the planet, winged men all over the place, and a large number of very petulant people wandering around with dangerous super-powers like throwing lightening and super-strength.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#5    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:54 AM

jaylemurph on Jul 14 2009, 09:03 PM, said:

By the exact same logic, there are also any number of flying, multi-headed beasts cavorting about the planet, winged men all over the place, and a large number of very petulant people wandering around with dangerous super-powers like throwing lightening and super-strength.

--Jaylemurph

lol that was funny Jay.  As much as I agree with you, which I do wholeheartedly, the OP really only needs educating, not a mocking welcome.

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#6    MARAB0D

MARAB0D

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

jaylemurph on Jul 15 2009, 01:03 PM, said:

--Jaylemurph

Jayle! Despite my usual disgust to your posts, I have to fully agree with you this time. In my perception, adherence to Hollow Earth theory requires a Hollow Head as a pre-requisite. I am happy to find some common viewpoint with yourself, as this proves to me your head is not actually as hollow as I was thinking before. Thank you for this clarification.

#7    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

stevemagegod on Jul 15 2009, 12:59 AM, said:

First off, don't tell people to post only if they agree.

Secondly, all geological science proves that the earth is definitely not hollow. It is simply impossible.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#8    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Y'all are billions of years ahead of your time.

It is me!

#9    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

Their are many accounts from all around the world with a underworld type of theme:

Jesus descending into Hell to release the souls sent their

Hercules went into the underworld to battle Hades

The famous Maya Hero Twins went into the underworld to save the world

Those are just some of the examples of the MANY MANY themes of the underworld.  What else could the underworld be but a advanced civilization connected to Atlantis, Mu, and Lemuria.With Pyramids being on both sides of the Atlantic, similar structures like Stonehenge appearing ALL around the world and a Great Flood appearing in many mythologies across the world which destroyed Atlantis and caused it to sink beneath the sea which it has stayed their before the rise of civilizations like ancient Greece and Egypt.  I believe the Gods of old came from the underworld which was another name for a HOLLOW EARTH.

#10    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on Aug 6 2009, 09:28 PM, said:

Their are many accounts from all around the world with a underworld type of theme:

Jesus descending into Hell to release the souls sent their

Hercules went into the underworld to battle Hades

The famous Maya Hero Twins went into the underworld to save the world

Those are just some of the examples of the MANY MANY themes of the underworld.  What else could the underworld be but a advanced civilization connected to Atlantis, Mu, and Lemuria.With Pyramids being on both sides of the Atlantic, similar structures like Stonehenge appearing ALL around the world and a Great Flood appearing in many mythologies across the world which destroyed Atlantis and caused it to sink beneath the sea which it has stayed their before the rise of civilizations like ancient Greece and Egypt.  I believe the Gods of old came from the underworld which was another name for a HOLLOW EARTH.

MYTHOLOGY

And Mu and Lemuria! You need to educate yourself a little more on these, they are even more unrealistic than Atlantis and there is not enough water on the planet to cause a global flood. And you need to grasp some basic geology----> hollow earth is physically impossible, it is a proven fact that it is not hollow.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#11    Enigmatic Annasawzi

Enigmatic Annasawzi

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Frank Herbert, who, oh him the guy who tried showing our sameness through fiction, he's dead, does it matter?

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on Jul 14 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

--Jaylemurph

See proof the Jedi exist. But you can't forget the great empire of the Mole People just below our feet, or the Jewish Hidden Kingdom run by the descendants of King David, or Tom Cruise's secret lair.

EA

"There are times when the end justifies the means. But when you build an argument based on a whole series of such times, you may find that you've constructed an entire philosophy of evil."
―Luke Skywalke

#12    Enigmatic Annasawzi

Enigmatic Annasawzi

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Frank Herbert, who, oh him the guy who tried showing our sameness through fiction, he's dead, does it matter?

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on Jul 15 2009, 02:04 AM, said:

First off, don't tell people to post only if they agree.

Secondly, all geological science proves that the earth is definitely not hollow. It is simply impossible.

....'face of utter dread'....."SO NO CREDIT FAIRY?!?!?!?!"

EA

"There are times when the end justifies the means. But when you build an argument based on a whole series of such times, you may find that you've constructed an entire philosophy of evil."
―Luke Skywalke

#13    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

I'm not saying I believe the "Hollow Earth' theory but there are some things about it that are very strange. For one thing, the famous Arctic explorer Richard Byrd firmly believed in it. He flew over the entrance, giving radio reports of his position all the way. He even came up missing on one of his flights and was gone for several days. When he showed up, he said that he had flown down into the hole and landed inside. The land inside was not frozen. He said he spent the time with the people that lived there. Another time he did the same thing on a flight over Antartica. He disappeared for several hours and said he had been visiting with these same people. Eskimos have legends that their ancestors came from the North. Above a certain point, birds fly North in the winter. Sometimes, in the spring, so much pollen blows South to turn the snow pack pink or blue. I don't know whether information on this has been supressed or just never carried out.  KennyB

#14    highonlife

highonlife

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

i just joined these forums but some of you guys have wild imaginations and your theories are far fetched lol but i guess your having fun.

#15    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:16 AM

View PostKennyB, on Aug 6 2009, 11:51 PM, said:

I'm not saying I believe the "Hollow Earth' theory but there are some things about it that are very strange. For one thing, the famous Arctic explorer Richard Byrd firmly believed in it. He flew over the entrance, giving radio reports of his position all the way. He even came up missing on one of his flights and was gone for several days. When he showed up, he said that he had flown down into the hole and landed inside. The land inside was not frozen. He said he spent the time with the people that lived there. Another time he did the same thing on a flight over Antartica. He disappeared for several hours and said he had been visiting with these same people. Eskimos have legends that their ancestors came from the North. Above a certain point, birds fly North in the winter. Sometimes, in the spring, so much pollen blows South to turn the snow pack pink or blue. I don't know whether information on this has been supressed or just never carried out.  KennyB

That is lies made up internet nuts, plenty of good information at Ohio State Universities website. And it is a fact that the Earth is not hollow (simple geology has proven this), the Arctic is a frozen ocean and water underneath so that hole idea is well out the window. Basically what you have there is a lot of rubbish made up cos some people don't think the world is ignorant enough. Oh and Byrd never flew to the north pole. This is accepted consensus (helped with his doctored flight log).

Oh just to add, hollow earth is not a theory.

OSU Admiral Byrd Collection

Edited by Mattshark, 07 August 2009 - 12:59 AM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users