Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Children traumatised by 'War of Worlds'

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,374 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk)

The 370 children at Southway Junior School, in Burgess Hill, west Sussex, saw a 'spaceship' crash near their school and then aliens grabbed a member of staff as part of the performance.

The 'alien invasion' show, which was supported by Sussex Police, took place without parents being informed, leaving some furious that they had to comfort their terrified children.

linked-image

Posted Image

#2    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

That would have been so damn freakin awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have loved to have had this happen to me as a kid, even if I pooped my pants it still would have been awesome  laugh.gif  

Kids these days are raised in little bubbles, just imagine how scared the kids would be if they were told there xbox's were being taken away, Pandemonium I tell ya !

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids as I would have just laughed my asss off and told them to buck up and go outside.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#3    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

*sigh* My primary school never did anything as awesome as that. That would've been great!
I really think some parents should ease up. It was only a performance, so the kids were a little freaked out, it won't do them any harm! (she says, and then gets charged for their therapy in years to come... rolleyes.gif )

The Silver Thong on Jul 16 2009, 02:53 PM, said:

Kids these days are raised in little bubbles, just imagine how scared the kids would be if they were told there xbox's were being taken away, Pandemonium I tell ya !

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids as I would have just laughed my asss off and told them to buck up and go outside.

laugh.gif Read this. It's freakin' ridiculous!

Posted Image

#4    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

I would have loved to see that when i was a kid

Posted Image

#5    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

The Silver Thong on Jul 16 2009, 02:53 PM, said:

i know w00t.gif

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#6    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

_Libby on Jul 16 2009, 08:29 AM, said:

*sigh* My primary school never did anything as awesome as that. That would've been great!
I really think some parents should ease up. It was only a performance, so the kids were a little freaked out, it won't do them any harm! (she says, and then gets charged for their therapy in years to come... rolleyes.gif )

laugh.gif Read this. It's freakin' ridiculous!

Oh my, 14 years old to go out and play with out adults. What is this going to do to these kids when they grow up.   I think I was walking to the store by myself at 5 or 6 and when we moved to B.C. i was wandering the woods and mountains when I was ten with the bears and cougars and loved it.  Times have changed and it's sad as most of the horror stories we hear are sensationalized and people freak. Yes kids get abducted but adults can be to or hit by a car. I see this over protective attidude as more dangerous really.   Thats sad Libby now go out side and play   tongue.gif

#7    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

The Silver Thong on Jul 16 2009, 04:31 PM, said:

Oh my, 14 years old to go out and play with out adults. What is this going to do to these kids when they grow up.   I think I was walking to the store by myself at 5 or 6 and when we moved to B.C. i was wandering the woods and mountains when I was ten with the bears and cougars and loved it.  Times have changed and it's sad as most of the horror stories we hear are sensationalized and people freak. Yes kids get abducted but adults can be to or hit by a car. I see this over protective attidude as more dangerous really.   Thats sad Libby now go out side and play   tongue.gif

Exactly, I was allowed out on my own from about 6, and OMG I'm still here! There was a program about 'cotton wool kids' on a while back, and one of the things which stood out to me was this conversation between a girl and her mother as they drove past a supermarket.

Mother: (pointing to a man on the pavement) Who's that?
Little girl: A stranger.
Mother: And what do you do when you see a stranger?
Little girl: You don't talk to them.
Mother: And why not?
Little girl: Because they'll take me away like they took Maddie away. (referring to Madeleine McCann)

ohmy.gif So much for benefit of the doubt!

And I can't go out and play, because I don't want to. I dare you to argue with me tongue.gif

Posted Image

#8    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

If only my school had been so creative!

#9    chemical-licker

chemical-licker

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

knitting and cooking and maths was all i had, THESE KIDS ARE TO SPOILT. mad.gif

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

_Libby on Jul 16 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

Exactly, I was allowed out on my own from about 6, and OMG I'm still here! There was a program about 'cotton wool kids' on a while back, and one of the things which stood out to me was this conversation between a girl and her mother as they drove past a supermarket.

Mother: (pointing to a man on the pavement) Who's that?
Little girl: A stranger.
Mother: And what do you do when you see a stranger?
Little girl: You don't talk to them.
Mother: And why not?
Little girl: Because they'll take me away like they took Maddie away. (referring to Madeleine McCann)

ohmy.gif So much for benefit of the doubt!

And I can't go out and play, because I don't want to. I dare you to argue with me tongue.gif

That is it cases like Madaleaine freak so many people out. I know it's better to always be catious and aware of ones surroundings but at what cost. Kids are being programed to be anti-social, fat , brain dead vegitables.  I can't imagine having spent my youth in front of the boob tube.  I do that now LOL not when I was younger and had a wild imagination.  Running around the nieghborhood now dressed as a ninja with a plastic sword and nunchucks might get me in trouble LOL  oh and ya I use to hunt aliens as a kid to and did we ever have some good battles LOL

#11    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Actually, it could be a good idea as it may put some of the bullies in their place if the bullied kids see how cowardly their tormentors are. Stupid bullies, grrr. I was picked on as a kid, grew up, got stronger and much better looking. lol, ugly duckling isn't fun.  no.gif

#12    DurgaMata

DurgaMata

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

Seems an odd stunt to pull 7 years old is a bit young.

#13    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

Hmm, well, I would have been traumatised too. Each kid is different - I, for example, was terribly afraid of anything to do with aliens at the age of seven. I wouldn't even let myself to think about them, otherwise I would freak out. I used to jerk every time I saw a flying bird, thinking it's an UFO. So... if I witnessed something like that at the time... oh my.
Then of course, you can't know all phobias of every kid in your school.

Funny how War of the Worlds seem to have something to it, eh? tongue.gif Maybe there are something triggering panic hidden in a text itself? grin2.gif

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#14    shaka5

shaka5

Psychic Spy

• 1,019 posts

• I always call people fools for wanting to learn the hard way....When I'm really the fool for tryna teach 'em

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

The Silver Thong on Jul 16 2009, 09:53 AM, said:

I would have loved to have had this happen to me as a kid, even if I pooped my pants it still would have been awesome  laugh.gif  

kids are raised in bubbles, your so right about that...thats why i make it my business to toughen up my nephews, and the kids in the daycare i work at....traumatised?...put on a scary movie then pretend the monster is in the house later, they'd react the same way, these kids will be alright

I have less compassion than the average human.

#15    bluemoon22

bluemoon22

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Is there any actual proof? and how come this a big news thing? was it aleast local news there
(i understand if it wasnt, you know the MIB problay covered it up)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users