Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The "Taman Shud" Case

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Also known as the "Mystery of the Somerton Man" is centered around an unidentified dead man found at 0630 December 1, 1948 on Sumerton Beach in Adelaide, Austrailia. This case is considered to be one of Austrailia's profound mysteries, it has been the subject of investigation and speculation for many years. As you study this case file, or the facts that are available, you definately start to get further and further away from any real answer... If someone could translate the "code" that was found to have been in the dead mans possession at some point, I think the case would only get deeper... Anyway, here are a few links to some information regarding the case, hope you all enjoy....

First Link This mystery is #2 on this list...

Link 2

Link 3 Should Include Video

#2    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

A genuinely fascinating case and thank you for it, but shouldn't it be moved to the "Crime" section?

#3    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

• You can get straight A's, but still flunk life.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

The wide publicity given to the case brought some result. A doctor who lived at Glenelg came forward with a copy of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, from the last page of which a piece had been torn out. Although the scrap of paper bearing the words Taman Shud had been neatly cut around the edges, tests proved that it came from the same book produced by the doctor. The doctor told police that he had found the book tossed on the front seat of his car when it was parked in front of his house on November 30. It was a finding to which the doctor had previously attached no importance.

Look, I'm just musing here, but I find the 'co-incidence' of the good Doctor just happening to find the book on the front seat of his car, and he being someone who might know more than most about poisons just a tad too convenient, somehow...

Just a thought.

You can get straight A's, but still flunk life!

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

#4    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

OldTimeRadio on Jul 16 2009, 04:26 PM, said:

A genuinely fascinating case and thank you for it, but shouldn't it be moved to the "Crime" section?

I thought about that to an extent... but it has so many variables... I didn't know if I should tag it as crime or history... it is a pretty cold case, lol. If the mods feel the need to move it, so be it, wont hurt my feelings at all.

Look, I'm just musing here, but I find the 'co-incidence' of the good Doctor just happening to find the book on the front seat of his car, and he being someone who might know more than most about poisons just a tad too convenient, somehow...

Just a thought.

I didn't think about that... it is odd that the good doctor had the copy of the book that was the match, and he just happened to find it in his car... but why turn it in? Some sort of foul trail cover?

#5    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

Dredimus on Jul 16 2009, 11:21 PM, said:

...but why turn it in? Some sort of foul trail cover?

Good point!  However, it has been known for murderers to either 'taunt' the Police, or to want to 'get in on the action/investigation in some way before, and even going so far as to correspond with them...   yes.gif

#6    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Eternal Light on Jul 16 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

Good point!  However, it has been known for murderers to either 'taunt' the Police, or to want to 'get in on the action/investigation in some way before, and even going so far as to correspond with them...   yes.gif

True... kinda like the Zodiac and such... I do wish some one could unravel that code thought... I wanna know what it says...

#7    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Dredimus on Jul 16 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

True... kinda like the Zodiac and such... I do wish some one could unravel that code thought... I wanna know what it says...

Hmmm... I Know I read about that case, and also about the code, but I'm such a flake I've forgotten much of the story; there are so many cases. Do you have a link to the code Dredimus?

#8    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

Eternal Light on Jul 16 2009, 05:43 PM, said:

Hmmm... I Know I read about that case, and also about the code, but I'm such a flake I've forgotten much of the story; there are so many cases. Do you have a link to the code Dredimus?

MRGOABABD
MTBIMPANETP
MLIABOAIAQC
ITTMTSAMSTGAB

that was scribbled in the back of the book I do believe... could have been in the suitcase though...  its in Link 1 on the original post

#9    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

Dredimus on Jul 16 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

that was scribbled in the back of the book I do believe... could have been in the suitcase though...  its in Link 1 on the original post

Ah, thanks.  And, sorry, I thought you were talking about a code in the Zodiac case.

Sorry, my mistake... it's been one of those days. lol

#10    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

MRGOABABD
MTBIMPANETP
MLIABOAIAQC
ITTMTSAMSTGAB

If these are anagrams, it's likely that they are not English words, especially since there is no 'u' in the 'third?' clue.

#11    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

Eternal Light on Jul 16 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

MRGOABABD
MTBIMPANETP
MLIABOAIAQC
ITTMTSAMSTGAB

If these are anagrams, it's likely that they are not English words, especially since there is no 'u' in the 'third?' clue.

I cannot even count the websites I've visited today looking for more information on this case, and from what I can find, no one has been able to make any sense out of the scribble of those "codes" but I am willing to bet that it has something to do with the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. I wonder if I could find some software that scans phrases such as this in multiple languages, lol. Hell, I half expected Jaylemurph to pop up with the answer to the code as soon as I posted it, lol.

#12    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

Oh hell, Jaylemurph is good, but I doubt even he is that good. Besides he will most likely make a remark a la Jaylemurph, that he is not going to do your job for you  tongue.gif.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#13    Eternal Light

Eternal Light

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

TheSearcher on Jul 17 2009, 08:33 AM, said:

Oh hell, Jaylemurph is good, but I doubt even he is that good. Besides he will most likely make a remark a la Jaylemurph, that he is not going to do your job for you  tongue.gif.

lol.  Who is this Jaylemurph, that his opinion and intellect inspire such awe in his capabilities?  If'n he can decypher that code I wanna know, and shall twist his arm until he tells us all what it means... I spent half the demmed night trying to decode it.   wacko.gif

#14    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

Eternal Light on Jul 17 2009, 02:49 AM, said:

lol.  Who is this Jaylemurph, that his opinion and intellect inspire such awe in his capabilities?  If'n he can decypher that code I wanna know, and shall twist his arm until he tells us all what it means... I spent half the demmed night trying to decode it.   wacko.gif

I really do not know jaylemurph's ability as far as ciphering goes, but he is a very intelligent guy and pretty knowledgable as far as history is concerned.

Anyway, im still reading up on this case, and still diving deeper in hopes that some one has actually solved that code.

#15    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

This is a case study page, I think it was created as a page for students to use for a project but it has alot of information in one spot and it mainly focuses on the code.

Code Information

If a mod wouldnt mind, could this thread be moved to the True Crimes section? Due to the nature of his death, it was more than likely foul play and thus puts it into the category of murder...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users