Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

This 2012 stuff?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    muddyfrog

muddyfrog

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

• A teacher cannot teach a student; on the contrary a student must learn from the teacher.
    -Me

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

View PostMarby, on Jul 27 2009, 06:03 AM, said:

I would actually watch TV if I had the History Channel.

As for prophecy, that one sort of backfired on them as well, and was hardly accurate given the way it turned out. But then, that's prophecy for you. You cannot rely on it because it's never really accurate, as much as people try to force it to be.

2012 is the end of a cycle. Woohoo. Why should it even matter to us?

I am glad that you reacted to my sarcasm in such a manner. You are either very smart or very nice or both...

If you read my other post you know I agree with you to maybe 90% or so haha... I think there is something special about this time, but not ultimately special...

I don't believe anything that does not come from my own thought, but I rely on things based on probabilities so ya know...

The Mayans thought it mattered, but does it matter to me?

Yes it does. The reason I like what the mayans did is that they were accurate. I believe that planets and suns and solar systems and glalaxies and whatever all affect us and everything else. Gravity is all around... Maybe other energies aswell, though gravity is not energy... I think this cycle end is maybe an end of a chapter in humanities evolution? Earths evolution? Lifes evolution?

Whatever it is it is not the END. It is a coma not a period. Period.

-Muddy

Posted Image

Now is like a flowing river. Do not hold on to the shore. The shore is crumbling. Push off into the middle and rejoice that others have made it with you.
-Native American quote paraphrased

#17    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

View Postmuddyfrog, on Aug 5 2009, 05:05 AM, said:

I am glad that you reacted to my sarcasm in such a manner. You are either very smart or very nice or both...

If you read my other post you know I agree with you to maybe 90% or so haha... I think there is something special about this time, but not ultimately special...

I don't believe anything that does not come from my own thought, but I rely on things based on probabilities so ya know...

The Mayans thought it mattered, but does it matter to me?

Yes it does. The reason I like what the mayans did is that they were accurate. I believe that planets and suns and solar systems and glalaxies and whatever all affect us and everything else. Gravity is all around... Maybe other energies aswell, though gravity is not energy... I think this cycle end is maybe an end of a chapter in humanities evolution? Earths evolution? Lifes evolution?

Whatever it is it is not the END. It is a coma not a period. Period.

-Muddy

I would like to think I'm smart and nice, but let me not make assumptions about that. :P

Please correct me if I misinterpret what you are saying in this post.

You think that because Mayan astronomy was sophisticated, that their astrology is automatically accurate? The ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and other ancient cultures had a pretty sophisticated grasp on astronomy, so why not assume that their astrology is accurate too? Based on that logic, modern astrology should be a credible field of study because we have a better understanding of astronomy in the modern age. But the problem here is that in the modern age, we very correctly separate astronomy, a real science, from astrology, a psuedo science at best.

If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, their calendar would have ended with the fall of their civilization. I realize that I keep saying this, but the Mayans were not creating this calendar for anyone but themselves. They expected to be using it until 2012. Yet, even their modern descendants are not doing this. They have not been terribly accurate on the astrology side of things. There is no reason to think that the Mayan calendar is relevant in any way outside of studying the Mayan culture and their astronomical observations/calculations.

I realize you are not claiming that the end of the calendar marks the end of the world, but really, the logic follows even less for a predicted change or "shift in consciousness". That's a vague, catch all phrase that a lot of people throw around because once the date comes and goes, anything dramatic on the news can be held up as "proof" that the Mayans were right. Of course it's not proof, because people then conveniently forget that dramatic things, whether it be natural disaster or a big human event, happen all the time.

The probability that 2012 means anything at all in the way people are taking it is so slim that it is practically non existent.

#18    headch33ze

headch33ze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

If it does ever happen i'm sure theres nothing we can do about it so .....

#19    AFireInside

AFireInside

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Either year, we'll all die anyways. *sigh*

#20    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

View PostMarKy090, on Jul 25 2009, 02:16 AM, said:

because i talked to God and he said to me, what? who told you this? the end will only start on 2012 but it wont be the end because its just the start of the end and its december and it takes a lot of time before everything can end. everything will probably end on 2013.

If the beginning of the Biblical end started in 2012 it'd be 2019 before it'd be over, not 2013.

7 year Revelation Tribulation (3.5 years of not so bad, and 3.5 years of nightmare world), yackity smackity, bla bla bla.

However, it is kind of funny how a lot of things seem to be coming to a head, which by 2012 we may find ourselves in the midst of. Nuclear war with Israel vs. Iran, and whatever sides each nation takes. Supposedly Israel signing some kind of peace treaty with its surrounding nations signifies the beginning of the 7 year cycle, so if you're interested, keep an eye open over the next few years.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe, 07 August 2009 - 09:10 PM.

#21    not.here

not.here

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:23 AM

hmm maybe 2012....it's an end,, to a new beginning? kinda like everything will go to **** lol and we have to like "start over?"
ok does that make any sense??

#22    not.here

not.here

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

View PostAFireInside, on Aug 7 2009, 04:55 PM, said:

Either year, we'll all die anyways. *sigh*
yea, but I'd rather die when im old and witherd not young and vivid  <_<

#23    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

Yes there are so many predictions about 2012 out there it is interesting to contemplate

but how about predictions from the scientific community ----> 2012 warning

#24    jay123

jay123

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:27 AM

God said "what? Who told you this!"

:lol:

It's like the elders told me, no one person can do everything, but everyone can do something.~ Immortal technique & Akir.

#25    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

View PostMarKy090, on Jul 25 2009, 02:16 AM, said:

because i talked to God and he said to me, what? who told you this? the end will only start on 2012 but it wont be the end because its just the start of the end and its december and it takes a lot of time before everything can end. everything will probably end on 2013.
For the sake of all of us, please see a doctor

#26    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

View Postdazdillinjah, on Aug 13 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

Yes there are so many predictions about 2012 out there it is interesting to contemplate

but how about predictions from the scientific community ----> 2012 warning

It just happens that the peak of solar activity will be 2012, this is an 11 year cycle. He says that there might be some interruptions, but he also says nothing at all might happen. They aren't even sure themselves. I don't remember anything significant happening in 2001 besides the following :
- The Russian space station Mir re-enters the atmosphere near Nadi, Fiji, and falls into the Pacific Ocean.
- 9-11
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present): The United States invades Afghanistan, with participation from other nations

I do not remember the end of the world by solar activity, sorry.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#27    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

View PostMarKy090, on Jul 24 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

Well I tried to call God to verify this but his cell was out of range.  Fortunately he issued a memo saying that the whole process is on hold.  Something about the right permits and some disagreement between the political parties on how to proceed.  Says it may take till 2021 to get everything sorted out.

#28    Sir_Quack_The_Wack

Sir_Quack_The_Wack

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

• ... Hot ... DAMN ... TAMALE ...

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

View PostMarKy090, on 25 July 2009 - 02:16 AM, said:

The year 2012 is a year invented by man. All classification we rely on to live are in the end, human inventions and useless to survive with.

We are mere. We humans are very mere. Most people hate that idea, because they think they are the best. But if we were the best, we wouldn't be so dumb.

"From atop these pyramids, forty centuries look down upon you." -- Napoleon Bonaparte to his soldiers before the Battle of Giza, 1798

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users