Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Sightings Over Lilydale

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    News-Bot

News-Bot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 10:52 AM

Posted By Saruman on Monday, November 18 2002

Subject: UFO Sightings Over Lilydale

Lights in the Lilydale skies have Wayne Winter and Adin Monks convinced we are not alone. Late on Friday night, the teenagers saw a group of yellow lights above Chirnside Park Hill and are now questioning whether or not stargazer theories are just science-fiction fodder.

"The lights were bigger than normal stars, they were moving, and in a perfect triangle," Adin, 15, said. "We followed them for a while and then they all disappeared." They tracked them for 20 minutes, first on foot, then in a car, before the lights vanished.

Click Here To Read The Complete Article......

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:42 PM

Call me ignorant, but where on God's green earth is Lilydale?

:s5

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 November 2002 - 01:59 PM

Loonboy,

That's actually a good question, because it doesn't actually say anywhere on the article what country they are talking about.

However, the URL has a ".au" domain and it says "Victoria" at the top so I assume Lilydale is in Australia.

#4    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 10:54 PM

As an Australian born and raised in the stae of Victoria for 17 years and an obvios authority on such things .....I never heard of it where the hell is Lillydale.
It is however a reputable News paper and an interesting story.

#5    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 19 November 2002 - 12:47 AM

Apparently, not far from Melbourne. Here's a small map

http://www.wheretostay.com.au/towns/3/Lilydale

:)

* - What's the deal with the coding glitches? This new board is going to take some getting use to. :P

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 November 2002 - 09:15 AM

MM,

Which coding glitches do you mean - have you have a bug somewhere ?

#7    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 06:15 PM

Gareth,

When I click on one of the coding tabs along the top of the message box, ie; the {bold} tag, only the 'open' portion of the code tag appears {b}, and the close tag {/b} doesn't appear at all. It does show up only after I hit submit, at the end of the typed message.  :-\  I'm sure the problem is with my antiquated browser, I'm getting quite a few error messages with the new forum, my back button brings up a blank screen as does the refresh function. Time for a new computer I think.  :sr

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#8    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 06:20 PM

MM,

The tags work a little differently on this forum - when you click on one ( bold for example ), the opening tag appears, and an astrisk will appear on the bold button.

When you want to close the bold text, you click the button again, the closing tag will appear, and the asterisk will disappear. If you haven't put the closing tag in before you submit, it will stick it right at the end because it won't know where else to put it.

As for the errors, upgrading your browser would probably be your best bet. What version of Internet Explorer are you using ?

#9    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 06:45 PM

Duh............  :oops:

And here I'm thinking I'm computer savy.  :s2

I run IE 4.0 at home.........I know, I know, the machine is ancient.  :P

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that prices really drop for the Christmas season.  :s03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users