Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Is Obama the clone of Akhenaten?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    000000000000000

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

I just want to know why. Why would someone wish to do that? Clone a random Egyptian pharoah and make him president. There would be absolutely no goal in that.  Plus it would be like a one in a million chance he would actually be elected president. This guy has to think his crazy ideas through.

#17    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

Hmm...I still don't see it. I don't think that Obama has the wide, feminine, child bearing hips of Akhenaten  :lol:

Posted Image

Tutankhamun, who was likely Akhenaten's son, apparently inherited his pear-shaped figure from his father.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#18    knowledge..w/o..power

knowledge..w/o..power

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• .....i'm here.....

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

Cybele, on Jul 31 2009, 09:03 PM, said:

Hmm...I still don't see it. I don't think that Obama has the wide, feminine, child bearing hips of Akhenaten  :lol:

Posted Image

Tutankhamun, who was likely Akhenaten's son, apparently inherited his pear-shaped figure from his father.

:rolleyes:
easily the funniest thread ive read here at the UM

#19    bob_12

bob_12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

Akhenaten is often depicted as looking somewhat deformed. His statues consistently display an unusually pear shaped man with an elongated, androgynous face and an oddly shaped skull. Scholars are unsure as to whether this is artistic stylization, but many have speculated that he had some sort of genetic disorder such as Froehlich's or Marfan's Syndrome.

Did Akhenaten Suffer from Marfan's Syndrome?

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten

The rather strange and eccentric portrayals of Akhenaten, with a sagging stomach, thick thighs, larger breasts, and long, thin face - so different from the athletic norm in the portrayal of Pharaohs - has led certain Egyptologists to suppose that Akhenaten suffered some kind of genetic abnormality. Various illnesses have been put forward. On the basis of his longer jaw and his feminine appearance, Cyril Aldred[52] suggested he may be suffering from Froelich's Syndrome. However, this is unlikely because this disorder results in sterility and Akhenaten is believed to have fathered numerous children - at least six daughters by Nefertiti, and possibly his successor Tutankhamen by a minor wife.

Another suggestion by Burridge[53] is that Akhenaten may have suffered from Marfan's Syndrome. Marfan's syndrome, unlike Froelich's, does not result in any lack of intelligence or sterility. It is associated with a sunken chest, long curved spider-like fingers (arachnodactyly), occasional congenital heart difficuties, a high curved or slightly cleft palate, and a highly curved cornea or dislocated lens of the eye, with the requirement for bright light to see well. Marfan's sufferers tend towards being taller than average, with a long, thin face, and elongated skull, overgrown ribs, a funnel or pigeon chest, and larger pelvis, with enlarged thighs and spindly calves.[54] Marfan's syndrome is a dominant characteristic, and sufferers have a 50% chance of passing it on to their children.[55] All of these symptoms appear in depictions of Akhenaten and of his children. Recent CT scans of Tutankhamun report a cleft palate and a fairly long head, as well as an abnormal curvature of the spine and fusion of the upper vertebrae, a condition associated with scoliosis, all conditions associated with Marfan's syndrome[56].

However, Dominic Montserrat in Akhenaten: History, Fantasy and Ancient Egypt argues that "there is now a broad consensus among Egyptologists that the exaggerated forms of Akhenaten's physical portrayal...are not to be read literally"[42] Montserrat and others[57] argue that the body-shape relates to some form of religious symbolism. Because the god Aten was referred to as "the mother and father of all humankind" it has been suggested that Akhenaten was made to look androgynous in artwork as a symbol of the androgyny of the god. This required "a symbolic gathering of all the attributes of the creator god into the physical body of the king himself", which will "display on earth the Aten's multiple life-giving functions".[42] Akhenaten did refer to himself as "The Unique One of Re," and he may have used his control of artistic expression to distance himself from the common people, though such a radical departure from the idealised traditional representation of the image of the Pharaoh would be truly extraordinary. It should be observed that representations of other persons than Akhenaten in the 'Amarna style' are equally unflattering - for example, a carving of his father Amenhotep III as a languid, overweight figure;[citation needed] Nefertiti is shown in some statues as well past her prime, with a severe face and a stomach swollen by repeated pregnancies.

http://www.davidicke.......5381&page=2

Posted Image

Akhenaten is said to have likely been a suffer of Marfan's syndrome. If this was the case, and Obama is his clone, it would appear the geneticists may have successfully corrected this genetic/chromosomal abnormality, as Obama doesn't seem to have any outward signs of Marfan's.

#20    Mothmen

Mothmen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

this thread made my day. what a bunch of bull  :lol:

'If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.'

- Henry David Thoreau

#21    bob_12

bob_12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

How can Akhenaten's Clone be made without having access to his mummy?   :)

http://www.crystalin.../akhenaten.html

Where is Ahkenaten's Mummy?

What really became of Akhenaten's mummy still remains a mystery. Fragments of sculpture and carving from the royal tomb at Akhetaten shows that his body was originally put there, but no sign of the mummy remains. It is possible that followers of the Aten feared for it's destruction, which would deny him eternal life, and moved the body to a place of safety.

#22    MysticOnion

MysticOnion

The Intersect

• 3,675 posts

• That's so awesome I can't watch the road. ((SCREEECH OF BRAKES... CRRRAAASSSHHHH)))

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:32 AM

HumanTorch, on Aug 1 2009, 01:09 AM, said:

I just want to know why. Why would someone wish to do that? Clone a random Egyptian pharoah and make him president. There would be absolutely no goal in that.  Plus it would be like a one in a million chance he would actually be elected president. This guy has to think his crazy ideas through.

I'm not saying I actually believe Obama is an Akhnaten clone however, in Rosicrucian teachings, Akhnaten was the first person ever to have a monotheistic religion, and is regarded as the first Rosicrucian by many.  So he's not just a random Pharaoh, he's significant to a very esoteric group of people.

Posted Image

Gun Bondage?

#23    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

HumanTorch, on Jul 31 2009, 08:09 PM, said:

Well the American pyramids aren't going to build themselves are they?

Now we know when Obama says he's going to whip the country into shape he means it in the very literal sense.

"Mr President your reform bill has staled in the Senate."
"Whip them! Whip the piss right out of them!"

Edited by Corp, 06 August 2009 - 04:01 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#24    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,422 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Could be just the thing. Think how many jobs it'd offer (ok, not necessarily paid ones).

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#25    TooFarGone

TooFarGone

Blissfully Chaotic

• 3,682 posts

• I am chaos at its finest

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

Christ, don't let the birthers see this :lol:

"HE'S EGYPTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

On a more serious note, man, Obama is RIPPED :P

Too / FarGone
TooFar_Gone
TooFa/ rGone
TooFarG_one
T_oo/FarGone
Too/Far_Gone
Too_Far_Gone

#26    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,669 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Oriana, on Aug 6 2009, 02:32 AM, said:

I'm not saying I actually believe Obama is an Akhnaten clone however, in Rosicrucian teachings, Akhnaten was the first person ever to have a monotheistic religion, and is regarded as the first Rosicrucian by many.  So he's not just a random Pharaoh, he's significant to a very esoteric group of people.

Just as a note of opposition: the actual, historical Rosicrucians never made mention of /any/ Egyptian pharoahs in their texts.

I can't speak to what any of the sundry dress-up versions from c. 1910 that wrote their own fictional history and lie about their origins pretend to. I trust Oriana to be the expert in that.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#27    bob_12

bob_12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

TooFarGone, on Aug 6 2009, 04:31 PM, said:

Christ, don't let the birthers see this :lol:

"HE'S EGYPTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TooFarGone,

You cracked me up with that one.

Posted Image

#28    bob_12

bob_12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

The Alien Project has an article asking if President Obama is the *Reincarnation* of Pharoah Akhenaton.

Click here to read the article

#29    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

bob_12, on Aug 1 2009, 09:57 AM, said:

How can Akhenaten's Clone be made without having access to his mummy?   :)

http://www.crystalin.../akhenaten.html

Where is Ahkenaten's Mummy?

What really became of Akhenaten's mummy still remains a mystery. Fragments of sculpture and carving from the royal tomb at Akhetaten shows that his body was originally put there, but no sign of the mummy remains. It is possible that followers of the Aten feared for it's destruction, which would deny him eternal life, and moved the body to a place of safety.

Akhenaten's mummy is being used as a punching bag in a gym in Marietta, Georgia. I'd say more, but those guys hit very hard...

#30    bob_12

bob_12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:49 AM

sam12six, on Aug 7 2009, 07:14 PM, said:

Akhenaten's mummy is being used as a punching bag in a gym in Marietta, Georgia. I'd say more, but those guys hit very hard...

...very hard.

Is that him on the right?

http://www.monstersa...he_Lost_Dynasty

Could this mummy be King Akhenaten, father of the legendary King Tut?

Posted Image

Both mummies also share several idiosyncratic features, including a light scoliosis of the spine, impacted wisdom teeth, and a similarly cleft palate and almost identical jaw and cheekbones.  

The sarcophagus that held this male mummy also lends some support to the theory that this could be Akhenaten.  Although the cartouche that bears the mummy's name was damaged, gold leaf fragments and hieroglyphs have been linked to one name -- Akhenaten.

Although it is impossible to be 100 percent certain, the evidence indicates that Hawass may have successfully identified the pharaoh Akhenaten, King Tut's father.  After examining all three of these mummies, a likely portrait of King Tut's family has begun to emerge -- except for that of Nefertiti, who for the moment is still missing.

Edited by bob_12, 09 August 2009 - 04:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users