Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Video Shows Beheading of American in Iraq

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

#1    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

CAIRO, Egypt - A video posted Tuesday on an Islamic militant Web site showed the beheading of an American civilian in Iraq and said the execution was carried out by an al-Qaida affiliated group to avenge the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

The video bore the title "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American." It was unclear whether al-Zarqawi — an associate of Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) — was shown in the video, or was claiming responsibility for ordering the execution.

Al-Zarqawi also is said to have ties to terrorist groups ranging from Ansar al Islam in Iraq to Egyptian Islamic Jihad. He's believed to be behind many attacks in Iraq, including numerous high-profile operations.

The video pictures of the execution showed five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks, standing over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit — similar to a prisoner's uniform — who identified himself as Nick Berg, a U.S. civilian whose body was found on a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday.

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Suzanne," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

There was no way to be certain the tape was authentic.

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu Akbar!" — "God is great." They then held the head out before the camera.

Full Article

#2    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:30 PM

That must have been horrible. crying.gif

Did I mention I am never taking a contract job in the middle east?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#3    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:34 PM

so dishonorable. the least they could have done was untie him, maybe give him a knife to defend himself.

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#4    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ May 11 2004, 02:30 PM)
Did I mention I am never taking a contract job in the middle east?

My Dad is thinking about it.  crying.gif

My brother is already there in the Army!  crying.gif

Oh don't give me more reason to worry!!!  sad.gif  

#5    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:35 PM

I was planning to go into a rant, but instead I think I'll just say a prayer for the family. And a special one for Kellalor's father and brother.

#6    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:54 PM

Sick B@$t@rds. Typical bully boy attitude, has to be a gang against one victim, have to wear balaclava's,  Not even the decency as was mentioned to even allow this man to defend himself!  I see no men here just cowards. Nasty sick sick sick...

Rant over...

#7    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (stillcrazy @ May 11 2004, 03:35 PM)
I think I'll just say a prayer for the family. And a special one for Kellalor's father and brother.

Thank you.
It means a lot to me.  

#8    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:12 PM

i was going to say something, but i rethink it, and i add to the prayer for the family of the guy.....

Iīm an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#9    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:17 PM

Kellalor,

Gosh I never even saw your post, just started a rant. My thoughts go out to your very brave brother! And please try not to worry too much, although I have no idea the sort of strain you must feel. It will all be okay I am sure. original.gif

Virtual Hug.

Lottie

#10    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:30 PM

That's okay, I agree with you.  

They are sick bastards.  disgust.gif

Thanks for the kind words.  

#11    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

When will we wake up that these are the kind of people we are supposed to "talk" to. There is no talking to them.

Anybody with half a brain should really get the hell out of the Middle East right now. It is not worth your life!

#12    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

• "There are a terrible lot of lies going round the world, and the worst of it is that they're true." Winston Churchill

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:08 PM

This is not a new tactic of demoralising an enemy but it is a $%^@% sick one........

I hope your brother comes out ok.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yeild to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Winston Churchill

#13    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:35 AM

Anybody with half a brain should really get the hell out of the Middle East right now. It is not worth your life!

Apparently many brave and honorable men and women both in the military as well as in the civilian population DO think it is worth their life.  One doesn't have to go to Bagdad to be mutilated or tortured or killed.  Dallas, Texas provides a daily supply of that all by itself....as does every other major population center.

The answer is not to 'cut and run' but to WIN!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#14    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:31 AM

whistling2.gif  

#15    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (joc @ May 11 2004, 06:35 PM)
The answer is not to 'cut and run' but to WIN!

Win what exactly? And How?

The same way we have been winning lately?

We've been winning all over the world haven't we? The support that we once had in the Muslim world after 9/11 has been blown away by our attempt to win. At one point we could have used the support of the Muslim world to fight against the terrorists that were responsible for 9/11, unfortunately we sent that support out the window when we went after Iraq for reasons unsubstantiated to date. That is a different topic though.

We should have gone in, we shouldn't be there now. There was no reason to be in Iraq that was worth all of the lives lost, hundreds of billions of dollars spent, and to see America's reputation destroyed in the eyes of the rest of the world.

I was in Iraq for the first war, I saw what happens in war firsthand. This war should have been a last resort, but it wasn't.

This poor guy and his family are just the latest victims of this rediculous war.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users