Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Video Shows Beheading of American in Iraq

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
289 replies to this topic

#16    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:16 AM

AsmegginMEN to that.

#17    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:38 AM

The US estimates that Saddam's government killed at least 300,000 Iraqis during its rule. Some human rights groups say the number is closer to 1 million.

This is an interesting comment, cut and pasted from an Austrailian Newspaper.
Again I will ask why the good folks at Amnesty International, the International Red Cross, and the Arab nations are not up in arms about these numbers.

It seems that terrorism, cruality, torture and murder is okay as long as its political dissidents, folks who believe in a different religion, or of another nation.

And according to the lovable folks in certain Arab nations, the murder and torture of Americans is reason to rejoice in the street.  But low and behold, if these cowards who won't even show their faces because they are to yellow to be known by their faces and their names, decapitate a civilian, we don't hear a peep from all these so called human rights folks.  Why is that?

And I will have to side with FB on this question:

Win what exactly? And How?

We are fighting a group of terrorist that are not from Iraq, but from Jordan, Syria and other friendly countries. The problem is we won't win Iraq, not with the way things are going. The murder of the American contractor is not just an isolated act, but a build up to get other cowards with masks over their faces to do the same with anyone they can get their hands on.

Again, all I can do at this moment is say a little prayer for all people in Iraq, The innocent who want a free country, the troops who are fighting an unseen cowardly enemy, and the civilians who are trying to rebuild a country under hostile conditions.  

#18    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:44 AM

I just saw the full uncut clip of the beheading.  Very disturbing since he was still alive when they cut it off (unlike Daniel Pearl)

What really pissed me off was that those f***heads (terrorists) were shouting out "ALLAH" as they were cutting it off

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#19    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:29 AM

I have a real issue with this story .

This is an absolutely horific thing , a real event that happened to a real man who had  a real  familly . I feel so terribly for that familly .
  Being unable to turn on the radio ,touch the T.V. or even  look up the internet with out being reminded of the tragic  and gruesome way  there child was killed .
This feels remarkably like  tabloid coverage . And  I think we should raise our standards a little higher .

let it rest .

sad.gif  

#20    Arashi Ravenblade

Arashi Ravenblade

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

• You dont really think the rules i make apply to me do you?

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

When this kind of crap happens happens to our guys ( soldier or civilian) it really makes me think that anything we do to them ( isolated incident or not) is perfectly justified.
These terrorists are cowards killing civilians...they dotn have the rocks to kill a soldiers but with rockets and grenades...where is the holy honor they think they are doing by fighting as a coward fights.
I say killem all and let god sort them out...the ungrateful...depraved...
MAN this stuff really pisses me off...oh i wish so bad we would jsut drop a nuke on these freaking people i dont give two flips a bout the fallout or civilian casualties...cause they wouldnt care given half a chance.

#21    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:15 PM

As of this posting, not one Muslim leader that I can find has come out to condemn the murder. If anyone knows od such a varifiable site please let me know.

THX

#22    Boff

Boff

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

• Free Tibet

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Dowdy @ May 12 2004, 01:44 AM)
I just saw the full uncut clip of the beheading.  Very disturbing since he was still alive when they cut it off (unlike Daniel Pearl)

What really pissed me off was that those f***heads (terrorists) were shouting out "ALLAH" as they were cutting it off

where did you find the video?

#23    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:22 PM

i'm not exactly surprised by this. not because of who did it, far as i see it, a human is human, just as stupid, sick, and depraved as the majority. this sort of thing happens quite regularly and has happened countless times.

the video's probably rated pretty high on the snuff film charts  disgust.gif  

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#24    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:38 PM

The answer is not to 'cut and run' but to WIN!

We are not winning because if we are to win this war we have to know that there will be civilian casualties and that we have to take drastic measures. Remember, these people (and I use the term loosely) have no concept for the value of life. They are willingly to die for their pagan of a god and thus we cannot hang the threat of the loss of life over their heads. We have become too nice and soft and saddled with the PC bandwagon. The America today would never have won World War 2.

#25    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:08 AM

Here is statement they were reading in the video, translated into english -

Sheikh Abu Mus'ab Alzrqawy slaughters an American with his hands and threatens Bush with more

A statement to the nation

The praise of Allah for all Muslims with his support and the humiliating of those who attempt to defeat Islam and who attack it and who entice the unbelievers with their cunning.

The one that appreciated the days countries with its justice and the prayer and the greeting on from above the Islam lighthouse by its sword as for after :

The Islamic nation

You rejoice at the first signs of the dawn that have started that have granted the wind of triumph. Allah was benevolent to us in Al Fallujah, granting us victory

On one of the days of Allah and that was known to Allah alone

The Islamic nation

Does any excuse for waiting remain? How the free Muslim sleeps, with his eyelids closed.

And he sees that Islam is slaughtered and can be seen bleeding its dignity

And the shameful pictures and the news of the evil humiliation of the Islam people men and women in Ghareb 's father prison then where the jealousy and where the zeal and where the anger about the Allah's religion and where the jealousy for the Muslims sanctities and where the revenge for the honors of Muslims and Muslims is in the crosses prisons .

As for you are the Islam clerics then to Allah we complain about you, you see that Allah have founded the argument on you by the Islam young man who humiliated the strongest force in the date then broke its nose and destroyed its pride

We came to you that you learn from them the reliance meanings and derive from their doing the lessons of sacrifice and redemption to when you remain as the women you master only the slapping language and know only the way of wail and weeping

Then this appeals the world freemen and this it begs Kofi Annan and a third begs Amr Moussa and fourth he demands peaceful demonstrations and as if they did not hear to his saying ( ( O you the prophet incited the believers to the fight ) )

You were fed up with the fight of the conferences and the oratorical battles ohm came to you that you take the jihad way and carry the sword that sent by it the prophets master

And we beg from you that you do not be involved as usual in the denial of what will do it satisfaction of the Americans

He has ordered the prophet - peace be upon him - and he is master the merciful are with the slitting of the necks of some prisoners and their slow killing

And for us it is an example and a good example

As for you, the Roman dog Bush, I hope you are displeased and we wait for you with God's Help tough days and you and your soldiers today who tred Iraq's land will regret it.

And she dared in it to the Muslims fever

And another message to traitor Pervez Musharraf then we say to him that we in wait for your meeting with your soldiers

We demand of the American and will take revenge for the blood of our brothers in and Iraq and elsewhere

And as for you and the Americans soldiers wife then we say that we offered to the American administration this prisoner in exchange for some of the prisoners in Abu Ghareb prison but they refused

Then we say but if the dignity of Muslims and Muslims in Abu Ghareb prison and others is worth theur blood and souls

we tell you to know that the coffins will arrive to you one coffin after another, as your people are slaughtered in this way.........

Then you kill the polytheists where you find them and you take them and count them and place them where they can be seen.

Allah is the greatest and the honour to Allah and to its messenger and to the militants

And our last claim is that the praise of Allah is the Lord of the Worlds

Abu Mus'ab Alzrqawy
Prince of Al Tawhid group and jihad
Iraq
22 Rabi I 1425
11/5/2004

And you see the slaughter, your fighting brothers suspend the head of this unbeliever on one of Baghdad bridges so that they teach a lesson to others from the infidels and serves as a witness to the honour of the Muslims

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/

sad.gif  

#26    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:16 AM

no offense to ANYONE out there but um...

patriotism doesn't get us any where...

but i do give my prayers to those that are out there...

(sorry if anyone takes offense...)

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#27    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:22 AM

janielsenj666

Ya need to make the pic a bit smaller. It won't lessen the message but will make it easier to read the rest of the post.

Still no word from AI of why they have not condemned any of the brutal murders of americans on their web site, but I doubt I will recieve an answer.

Edited by stillcrazy, 13 May 2004 - 04:37 AM.

#28    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,762 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:37 AM

It's interesting that they appear so proud of their act yet cover their faces like cowards. My sympathies & condolences to the family of Nick Berg.

Dot9M

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Also beware of gifts of Greek bears. Gifted and bare Greeks are fine - Joseph Fink

#29    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:10 AM

The America today would never have won World War 2

A more correct statement would be:  If the Democrats acted the way during WWII
that they are acting today we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#30    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:23 AM

I just found this, its just too sad:

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. authorities said Wednesday that the young American who was beheaded by militants had been warned by the FBI to leave Iraq and was offered a plane ride to safety at a time when a new wave of violence spread across the country, making road travel extremely dangerous.

Meanwhile, President Bush, speaking for the first time about the brutal killing, called the execution of Nicholas Berg, 26, an independent businessman from West Chester, Pa., an attempt to “shake” U.S. resolve in bringing democracy to Iraq.

Mystery surrounded not only the disappearance of Berg but also why he had been held by Iraqi police for about two weeks and questioned by FBI agents three times. Berg’s family disputed U.S. officials’ claims that Berg was never in U.S. custody.

“The Iraqi police do not tell the FBI what to do. The FBI tells the Iraqi police what to do. Who do they think they're kidding?” Berg’s father, Michael, told The Associated Press from his home in West Chester, a suburb of Philadelphia.

Berg was last in contact with U.S. officials in Baghdad on April 10, and his body was found Saturday in Baghdad. Staff members at the $30-a-night Al-Fanar Hotel in Baghdad told the AP that Berg stayed there for several days until April 10.

Two e-mail messages Berg sent to his family and friends showed that he traveled widely and unguarded throughout Iraq — an unsafe practice rare among Westerners.

Click here to read more...

Edited by Lottie, 13 May 2004 - 02:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users