Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dynamo Jack/John Chang

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

This video was mentioned in another thread and I was fascinated by the man in it called Dynamo Jack.

Doing a further youtube search, the name John Chang is mentioned.

He said in the video that he developed his power through meditation, and that the yin/yang negative/positive centers in his body allowed a flow of power.

Using this power, he apparently healed others, was able to give a shock through his hand and abdomen, put a chopstick through a table and started a fire in a crumpled up newspaper.

Part of me is skeptical, as I know that these effects can be scientifically explained with techniques that are not so mysterious, but, I'd like to think that these abilities can be learned, and that they rely on a science not yet fully understood.

Rather than just replying that he faked it, I would be interested in what method that you think that he used to fake it. For example hidden electrodes and battery under his skin connected to an activation button in his shoe... chemicals mixed in the newspaper which started the fire... etc...

Also, is there any info out there on where this man is today?

One would think that there would be someone out there with this ability, if it actually existed, that would be willing to submit to more scientific testing to show it is real.

#2    papenoir

papenoir

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

View PostHugh, on 15 August 2009 - 05:05 PM, said:

This video was mentioned in another thread and I was fascinated by the man in it called Dynamo Jack.

Doing a further youtube search, the name John Chang is mentioned.....

Hi,

I did some searches about QiGong, and I ended up in the video you mentionned, and further on, to this posting/question of yours.
Like you I am also searching to understand what it is exactly.

Here are some elements that I can say about the video. The video seems authentically from the 80s, judging from the hairdos, the houses, vehicules and cars on the video. My guess is that it should be from Surabaya, or around that area / eastern-java as recognized from their accent. They look like indonesian-chinese, descendants of immigrants from China long time ago, since they are speaking fluently local language (even among themselves).
The clearest evident to me are the reflexes of people who got "electric" shock from him. It's a reflex move that is difficult to fake; so it appears to me that the person experiencing real shock on his/her hand is not faking it.

There was another video of the same guy (here: ) , where he taught psychokinesis (moving an object without touching) using this Qigong. There we can hear him clearly. There was a younger guy who translated for him, trying to explain to use the same muscle that you use in the toilet. There's a specific word for that "effort" used in javanese language; there's no ambiguity. This second video is more private, and not at all a "reportage" type. Moreover the person who actually did the action was not him at all (it was his western student). Although this student did succesfully move just a light VHS boxes, the important point is that the box actually moved at his will, without him touching it.

So I tend to believe that the video is authentic (not fraud).

But it still does not explain how he did it; nor explaining scientifically what QiGong is.
I don't understand why the scientific world is not jumping into this subject ASAP, to at least understand the phenomena before it disappears.

What IS Qi?
If it's not electrical, could it be electromagnetic? If so, at what frequency?
Other than electromagnetic, there's only gravitational energy that can move things.
Is it another form of energy that science has not identified? for so long?... we're in 2009!
I wonder if the scientific "experts" that got invited actually did write something about the experiement.
They should've brought a loop antenna and a spectrometer.

From the video, the phenomena seems to be observable, measureable (at least with the hand shock) so there must be a scientific way of identifying it.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,919 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

RE~Learning from the ancients, just curious to know what people think of this nowadays

QiGong Demonstration in front of a group of american scientists namely :
    * Catherine Cooke, ambassador for the Mind Science Foundation
    * Dr. Roger Nilson
    * Dr. Gregory Simpson, physicist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine

another demonstration, this time pushing a chop stick through a bench ...

human evolution or de-evolution ? or is this categorised as debunked ?

*edit* typo

Edited by third_eye, 02 March 2011 - 01:39 AM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#4    whiteknight

whiteknight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

my friend if only i could only believe this was real...

"in all my days ive seen that the form that has killed the most people and won the most wars is the simple curling of a fist"

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,919 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:52 AM

View Postwhiteknight, on 23 March 2011 - 01:53 AM, said:

my friend if only i could only believe this was real...

actually over here in the east there is nothing unreal about this except for the "pretenders" or hoaxers
there are masters of QiGong and for ages they have been relied upon as healers though their numbers are diminishing
it's not something that one can measure with machines or test tubes but Eastern Civ have been reliant on it in some form or other for a long long time

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#6    Clemmie

Clemmie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

Qi is mentioned in the art/medicine of acupuncture. Acupuncture, as was explained to me when I had it done, 25 years ago, balances the Qi in the body.

I had it done for intractable back and leg pain. NOTHING helped much. After too many surgeries, injections, drugs...I flew to San Francisco to the Acupuncture College. The President was a friend of my physician (I was living in the West Indies at the tie). It was the most amazing thing I've evah had!

However, what the needles are doing is balancing the Qi, and bringing everything back to balance.

I've taken ken po karate, and performed many years ago. I couldn't do it, but my team members all could break boards and bricks with their heads and hands. Our teacher/coach explained that the use of Qi and focusing Qi towards the target thru the head or hand is what causes the board/brick to shatter. I couldn't focus well enuff to bring myself to do all that, but wowie, my other female team mate, all five foot nothing certainly could. IF all this Qi is what helps in acupuncture and karate breaking things, I don't see why the truly advanced people can't do what these fellas are in the videos. Our bodies run on electricity. Maybe that is what QiGong is....concentrated electricity and maybe that's what is going on here...

Edited by Clemmie, 25 March 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

You don't need qi to break boards and bricks with body parts...... This I know for a fact.  Don't know much about the rest of it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users