Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

IPB 3 status and support

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#271    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Does the friends section in the profile shows every friends we have?
Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#272    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

I think its capped at 50, if you have more then you need to click a link to display the rest.

The 50 that are displayed are picked at random from your total friends list.

#273    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the head up
Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#274    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,766 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:59 PM

I recently changed the profile quote, and it seems to have somehow affected the information displayed with each post -- the location, No. of posts, etc. I've tried to fix it myself, but I don't seem able to -- I'm not sure it's and IPB update problem, but it never happened before the update. What can I do to fix it?

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#275    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

This is a known bug that affects Firefox, until it has been fixed at the code level to get rid of the duplicate information avoid using a double hyphen "--" in your profile quote.

#276    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,766 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

View PostSaru, on 12 September 2009 - 08:47 AM, said:

This is a known bug that affects Firefox, until it has been fixed at the code level to get rid of the duplicate information avoid using a double hyphen "--" in your profile quote.

Gotcha. Will do.

Thanks!

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#277    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

Update

A fix is now in place for the most commonly reported 406 errors that people have been experiencing when trying to post, if you run in to any more of these that i've missed please let me know.

An update patch for Invision Board will also be implemented very soon with fixes for a number of issues.

#278    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

The abovementioned patch has now been installed, the update has fixed a number of bugs previously mentioned in this thread.

As always if you run in to any problems while using the forums please let me know.

Thank you.

#279    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,058 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Saru,
My Last Post Info column under my user posts is not updating. It's only showing MY last post. I'm a Firefox user.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#280    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

Not sure if it's my comp or not but my page displays a rather large screen for fast reply and at the top it has my profile info that won't go away hence the top of my display is covered not able to click home or anything. Are there still some tweeking going on and this is temporary ?

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#281    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 25 September 2009 - 02:59 PM, said:

Saru,
My Last Post Info column under my user posts is not updating. It's only showing MY last post. I'm a Firefox user.
That's working as intended I think, each entry on the "my posts" results represents a single post so that it can only be your name under the "last post info" column as you are always the member to have made those posts.

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 25 September 2009 - 03:12 PM, said:

Not sure if it's my comp or not but my page displays a rather large screen for fast reply and at the top it has my profile info that won't go away hence the top of my display is covered not able to click home or anything. Are there still some tweeking going on and this is temporary ?
I haven't seen anything like this, what browser/version are you using ?

All the main updates are finished however there will always be tweaking on some level, its never 100% complete.

#282    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:36 PM

Sorry about that Saru it was my comp at work that had a melt down not anything to due with the site. Darm comps at work are so finicky.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#283    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,058 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 25 September 2009 - 02:59 PM, said:

Saru,
Saru,
Maybe this screenshot will clarify what I'm experiencing. The last post info changed about a week ago. I used to be able to see who and when the last person to post on a topic was from the 'All Posts by BiffSplitkins' page.

Attached File  LastPostInfo.JPG   106.18K   4 downloads

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#284    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,931 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

You need to be on the "Find Topics" page rather than "Find Posts" to see that.

The "Find Posts" is for individual posts only.

#285    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,058 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

View PostSaru, on 05 October 2009 - 04:50 PM, said:

You need to be on the "Find Topics" page rather than "Find Posts" to see that.

The "Find Posts" is for individual posts only.
It never used to be that way. I used to be able to see if someone has posted on a topic that was not my own after I did without having actually go to the topic to see that.
Example: if I posted something here on this topic and then you responded to my question that last column should show that you posted after me. Not that I was the last poster on the topic when you were actually the last one. It was that way up until about a week ago. :(

Edited by BiffSplitkins, 05 October 2009 - 04:57 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users