Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

IPB 3 status and support

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#46    Promethius

Promethius

Transient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

• Knowledge is Power

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

I prefer darker site backgrounds it is easier on the eyes, my eyes at least anyway.

I agree, I reckon that a light-to-mid blue background would be a huge improvement over the current white one.

#47    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

So i loggged on today and noticed that the forum has changed...

I personally dislike it although not everything seems bad. It's mostly the cosmetic changes I don't like. the colour and overall look just doesn't do it for me. Just my opinion.

what does everyone else think

#48    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,144 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Hmmm. Well, I just clicked on "Go to the first unread post" in a seven-page long thread, which I had already read through, and it took my to the first post in it.

Aren't I special.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#49    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,620 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

View Post747400, on 21 August 2009 - 05:49 PM, said:

Hmmm. Well, I just clicked on "Go to the first unread post" in a seven-page long thread, which I had already read through, and it took my to the first post in it.

Aren't I special.
Same problem here, but I think it could just be that the upgrade process has either lost or reset our "last post read" status thingy.

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#50    Ghost Ship

Ghost Ship

an invisible dream

• 2,966 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

Looks good, i like it.  The visitor pics are small though and the profile quote would look better in black.

#51    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,144 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Oh, in the words of 1970s TV detective Columbo, and another thing. I keep getting confused by that box on the right that says "You are not watching any forums". I keep thinking, "yes I am, I'm watching this one".

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#52    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

Where did the "newest posts" button go?

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#53    Superman

Superman

Psychic Spy

• 1,856 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

I'm gonna have to agree to the color changes.

The 'BLIND YOU, EYE MELTING, MIGRAINE INDUCING' white background isn't working with me. I'm sitting here in sunglasses posting this, cause the bright white is causing me a headache.

The old light grey background wasn't as bad as the pure as virgin snow white, we have going on here.

#54    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

View PostInHuman, on 21 August 2009 - 06:08 PM, said:

Where did the "newest posts" button go?
Its now View New Content at the top right.

Regarding the background colour - we've received a lot of feedback commenting on the fact that the light grey background is difficult on the eyes and that the previous post background was preferrable, to address this i've gone ahead and changed the current background colour back to the same light blue colour we used to have before the update. I have to admit it fits in with the colour scheme quite well, have a try with that now and see what you think.

#55    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

My issue (going to the last post) is all better.

I upgraded to IE 8.  

Now it seems to be ok.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#56    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

I'm going to have to be another one who agrees that the whiter than white colour scheme/background is awful dazzling on the eyes. It's not at a comfortable reading level for reading in-depth articles or posts.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#57    Promethius

Promethius

Transient

• 1,032 posts

• Knowledge is Power

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

Regarding the background colour - we've received a lot of feedback commenting on the fact that the light grey background is difficult on the eyes and that the previous post background was preferrable, to address this i've gone ahead and changed the current background colour back to the same light blue colour we used to have before the update. I have to admit it fits in with the colour scheme quite well, have a try with that now and see what you think.

how about the white background in the forum index? it's slightly too white too, IMO... :)

#58    KALASH69

KALASH69

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• Practice what you preach.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

I like this change, the other forum I frequent that Im a moderator on just recently switched over to IPB3 a few months ago. So Ive had some time to get use to the change.

Good stuff.

#59    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

View PostSaru, on 21 August 2009 - 06:17 PM, said:

I have to admit it fits in with the colour scheme quite well, have a try with that now and see what you think.

I've just seen the changes take effect regarding this. It's easier on the eye now, thanks :tu:

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#60    Promethius

Promethius

Transient

• 1,032 posts

• Knowledge is Power

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

how about the white background in the forum index? it's slightly too white too, IMO...

Nevermind, it's growing on me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users