Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Europe?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#31    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:52 AM

As long as I get to keep my Airconditioned condo that overlooks the lake of fire, I'm fine.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#32    The Gryphon

The Gryphon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• There are no such things as accidents, only plans that others have made and failed to tell you about!!

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:59 AM

Wasn't a lot of the EU being the New Rome the productof Hal Lindsey of 'Late Great Planet Earth' fame? It seems to me his interpretations took a hit a few years ago.

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever
remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-- Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of the Four

#33    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:18 AM

Europe?, Truth's in the bible!

the words 'truth' and 'bible' don't mix

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#34    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 08:55 AM

Religion is just another tool of humankind to control  others and have power. Its merely a creation of power hungry humans or is it??????.........Maybe God, Allah or any one of the other gods is sitting up there all lonely with no people to keep them company because everything we do is a sin.We will find out eventually. Just being alive and being a good person is all that matters. Lets worry about life after death when we get there.

Oh yeah this was about the rise of Europe and how it was predicted in the bible....They may now be in a union but what about the rise of china and the asian areas. Europe have a lonnggggggggg way to go before they are a super power.

Anyway thats just my thoughts. thumbsup.gif  

#35    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:37 AM

Just so the moderators presence is not forgotten...

#36    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:57 PM

okay, first of all, let's remember what hell really is.  There is a boy I know who thinks hell is the place to be because all his friends will be there.  Well, his friends may be there, but there will not be any friendship.  It's total separation from God, meaning pleasure, friendship, love; none of it will be in hell.  It will be complete torture.  

The way it's supposed to happen, is that the anti-Christ rises into power, preaching peace.  I admit that Europe isn't specifically mentioned in the bible, that's why I have a question mark by the name, but Europe is mentioned as the place of the anti-Christ's rising in the LEFT BEHIND series.  But does mention some of the things that are happening in Europe right now, like the one currency, a central government of many governments and eventually the anti-Christ will rise to power.  The rapture will happen, pulling all the Christians off the face of the planet and the rest of the world will be left behind.  The anti-Christ will sign a seven-year treaty with Israel, though during those seven years, the judgments will reign down upon the earth, comets, meteors, demon locusts feeding on the sinners, water turning to blood, famines, sun disappearing, along with the moon and stars, earthquakes; every year for seven years it gets worse.  Finally, at the end of the seven-year treaty, the anti-Christ has aquired major military power and the likes of China (or some other highly populated military) will attack Israel, but that's when Jesus himself will be seen coming down from heaven followed by all the angels in heaven and will destroy all the armies against Israel.  There will be so many dead that there will be a pool of blood that covers the earth.  Yeah, it's gruesome and you can hate God for what happens or think this story is bulls**t, but whatever.  After all that happens, Satan and everything known with Satan is thrown into the lake of fire, then there's a major earthquake and the seas dry up and the earth is made new and the heavens are made into new and there will be heaven on earth for a thousand years with nothing sin related and the likes.  

Also, nothing says that drinking alcohol or partying is a sin.  Even Jesus made water into wine.  

That's the best I can describe it.  I'm not going to go through and write out all the verses or even some of the ones I mentioned.  If someone else wants to do it, fine.  

#37    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

I can't help wonder why God has so many human qualities and seems to be just as fallible as man as well.

Maybe its because God was created in the image of MAN, not the other way around.

What we are witnessing as we speak is the death of a God as a result of scientific discovery, indeed man has intellectually surpassed the God he created. It just takes some longer to realize this than others.

Saucy there is a good book called "The Story of B" its by Daniel Quinn it is a good read regardless of your religious beliefs.  

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#38    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

im from europe an i think im a god what does this mean saucy???

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#39    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

It's total separation from God, meaning pleasure, friendship, love; none of it will be in hell. It will be complete torture.

Don't be silly tongue.gif We're talking about my hell thumbsup.gif Come on dude, raise a glass!

Yeah, it's gruesome and you can hate God for what happens or think this story is bulls**t, but whatever.

I do...was my sarcasm not clear? huh.gif

I'm not going to go through and write out all the verses or even some of the ones I mentioned.

Okay, okay, back to taking religion remotelly seriously for a moment...unless you're going to give something to back up what you're calling this "phrophesy", all it stands as is an interpretation of words that are full of endless metaphor to begin with. At the end of the day, much of what's said in the bible are very broad and nonspecific ideals that could be taken to apply to almost any event...the fact that people take the words in such a way that they might, with a little bit of leeway, point to current affairs, doesn't mean they've predicted anything.

By the way...about the rapture...you say only christians are taken away...what about the Jews? huh.gif Aren't they supposed to be God's chosen people? Why are they forced to suffer this seven year blasting of the earth if God's still happy to send down his army (why does an omnipotent being need an army to do his dirty work huh.gif) to help them out when justice finally catches up on Israel? blink.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#40    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:35 PM

Okay, my bad....all of God's people will be risen.  

I don't know what the point is of my writing out all the prophecies.  It will be a waste of time because nobody here even believes in Jesus or one single word the bible has to say.  I'm one person taking criticism against at least six of you.  There's just too much going on in the world today, no matter how much you believe the bible that screams there is a God.  Also, haven't you heard that the greatest trick the devil ever played was to prove he didn't exist?  He's the father of lies and as long as he makes you believe in evolution and more he makes it sound more believable to you and you'll believe it.  Too much stuff has happened in history and even today for me not to believe it.  Like I keep saying, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.  If I'm right...well, that'll be just crazy.  I just want to know what all of you would think if it started to happen.  Now that would be an interesting discussion.  Let's say the rapture would happen right now, what would you all think?  What would you think if you saw Jesus coming out of the clouds?  

#41    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:36 PM

Seraphina is very much on target. Bible scripture always succumbs to a matter of interpretation. Thats why so many different people latch on to it.

The different interpretations is exactly why there are so many different sects of Christianity. And every single one of them claim to have the right interpretation and the others are going to hell as a result of their interpretation.

Whos right?

And as far as the OT predicting the life of Jesus well its easy to do when the OT wasn't compiled untill hundreds of years after the life of Jesus.

Hindsight is always 20/20

Edited by Chauncy, 14 May 2004 - 03:37 PM.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#42    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:38 PM

Here we go again.......

I can see exactly where this is gonna lead lol.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#43    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:48 PM

I can see exactly where this is gonna lead lol.

Huh? Wha? huh.gif I'm playing nice tongue.gif Softball, see?

Anyway...

It will be a waste of time because nobody here even believes in Jesus or one single word the bible has to say

There are reasons for that you know...

The bible has been seen to be full of mistranslations, contradictions, incorrect "phrophesy" (didn't most Christians think the rapture was going to start four years ago? huh.gif They just...ignored that minor detail in their predictions when it didn't happen)...there's so much reason to believe the bible is nothing but a book, a largly metaphorical book that's seeped in mythology rather than either history or fact.

There's no reason to believe a word it has to say.

There's just too much going on in the world today, no matter how much you believe the bible that screams there is a God.

...huh.gif...

Which part? The expiriments that proved abiogenesis viable? The part where we've discovered more evidence in the past century or so for evolution than creationism has been able to provide (suffice to say: none) in the last ten thousand years?

He's the father of lies and as long as he makes you believe in evolution and more he makes it sound more believable to you and you'll believe it.

Satan has nothing to do with my believing in evolution...and the fact you think he has something to do with it frightens me huh.gif You remember the dark ages? When science was blasphemy, and we spent about a thousand years living in terror of the church because they were terrified that discovery might lose them power?

That's the exact same mentality you just demonstrated huh.gif Science, and the study of evolution, have absolutely nothing to do with satan...it's about discovering the truth. My respect for you and your beliefs just took quite a dip, I must say...

Let's say the rapture would happen right now, what would you all think?

I've already answered that tongue.gif As much as it's a big IF, if it were to happen, I would fight against the evil tyrant you call god with my last breath before I let him murder my friends, family, and every man woman and child on this planet who's only crime was to not bow at his feet like a bunch of sheep.

I won't bow to a baby killer.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#44    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:51 PM

I won't bow to a baby killer.

what if had a really big gun?

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#45    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:56 PM

Anyone who thinks they're going to hurt my Son; God or no God; is going to bleed, scream and beg for mercy, end of story...

what if had a really big gun

Well, maybe then... rolleyes.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users