Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I found it, now read it please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#31    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:06 PM

I wonder if Saucy will actually even read that post  rolleyes.gif  

Edited by Stellar, 15 May 2004 - 03:40 PM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#32    Ozmeister

Ozmeister

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

• I come in peace....shoot to kill

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:10 PM

but Jesus cannot help where he was born, who he was born to

There......that one statement proves Jesus' humanity more than anything. He was nothing more than a prophet, a notable one, but no more than a prophet......completely human. No different than any other prophet from any other religion. He knew the true meaning of divinity and where it lay. Where God lay. It's just a great pity that those who came after him, who prophesed a faith in his name, have forgotten.

Instead, they've deified the person....something which, by the way, Jesus would've been very strictly against. Because it's nothing more than idolatory (a personality cult).

#33    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:48 PM

urg...headache...no more patience for this guy...

Saucy, every single arguement you have given has been proven...time and time again...to be faulty, full of holes, and based on out of date, and usually a deliberate misunderstanding of science as we know it.

If you read back a little, you'll find a very accurate description of how creationist "scientists" come by their theories from...I believe it was Ozmeister. However, at the end of the day, I'm sick of arguing with you.

I'm just going to let you stand as a testimony to everything I hate about religion and god...you're someone who's so far gone they neither care about facts or the truth. You're so eager to believe lies and heresay that might just support what you have to say, even when the flaws in your arguement are waved under your nose, you'll just blow as hard as you can and hope they go away.

I don't even care enough to feel sorry for you anymore huh.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#34    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:51 PM

I wonder if Saucy will actually even read that post

i sure as hell didn't, if that means anything to ya.

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#35    stargirl67nc

stargirl67nc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:15 PM

The bible is nothing more than a story book. It is a colloection of stories told thru time by numerous people, and you expect me to believe this? Besides God lets really bad things happen to good people over and over, what kind of god id that? I really shouldn't have read thiese post I can get so upset by people who have blind faith in something they have never seen or touched, but more power to you if it gets you thru  hard times but personally you should put faith in yourself .  thumbsup.gif  

#36    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

There is hope among the newcomers yet, it seems notworthy.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#37    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

Oh yeah, what I was gonna say, you said I cant think of any other explenations for what happened in the Bible and such. I listed other explenations, and I didnt even go into how aliens are more probable to have influenced all this rather than God.

----Seraphina

#38    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:18 PM

aliens are more probable to have influenced all this rather than God

yay for raelians! even if they stole my idea... disgust.gif  

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.

#39    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

Accually, I've read the bible.

And saying that the bible is real because the people who wrote it was there... is kind of like saying Disney got their movies based on the Brother Grim stories right, because they were there.

The bible itself has been translated so many times and in different ways to fit the translator's needs, or views.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#40    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

I know you people are loosing my patience with me, but let me post one more thing.  I've NEVER said creation is 100% truth.  I've never said science is 100% crap.  What I have said is that I'm learning or trying to.  What I did was offer all the evidence I could to support what I thought to be as the truth.  You've kept asking me over and over again to show you the evidence and I did and when I did, I just got insulted.  I've said I believe in Christ and in God, but I've never said I believed any of the creationists theories.  All I'm trying to do is make sense of the bible because I believe evolution so damn much and my head is swirling. wacko.gif

When I say that no transitional forms have been found, that's the evidence I have.  I have a bunch of photocopied news articles from reliable sources, Time, National Geographic full of quotes from scientists saying that no transitional forms have been found.  That's what a scientist is telling me through a major magazine and what am I suppose to believe?  When other reliable newpapers tell me that most of the neanderthal findings are hoaxs or really donkey knee caps, what am I supposed to believe?  Why should I sit down and believe science when it changes every few years and everything is based on someone elses theory or idea of how they think it happened.  That's the information that I have.  Sorry if your the scientist and you know everything about the world.  I'm not ready to believe that God doesn't exist and that when I die, i'll blink out of existance, never to feel the wind against my face or to smell a flower.  I'm not ready to believe that what billions of other people around the world believe is false because a hand-full of scientists refuse to believe in God for whatever reason, while many scientists do turn Christian after their findinds and other scientists do believe in a spirit world and other scientists believe our world came about because of aliens or a meteoric impact.  You believe in science because that's what makes more sense to you, natural selection and the rest.  I believe in creation because I believe there was a creator and others believe it was aliens because neither evolution nor a creator of spiritual origons could be the cause.  

Please don't call me ignorant because of what I posted.  I didn't write the scientific theories or those news articles.  I just used them because it was the evidence I had to support creation.  The only reason why I keep posting religious threads, though I said I would stop, is because people keep telling me my God doesn't exist and what I believe is false.  When I say the same thing to you, you vigorously defend yourself, so look at yourself and see why I keep posting.  

What I want from all of us is to keep looking at all the evidence, no matter what we believe, with an open mind that anything is possible.  Certainly anything is possible if evolution occured and the same could be said about creation.  I'm sure most of you who see the word God on anything would throw it away without reading it or you'll just laugh at any news article or scientific report that defends creationism, but I won't.  Call me gullible or ignorant, but at least I have the balls to admit that I don't know everything, that maybe creation didn't happen and that anything and everything is possible.  Just look at all the wild claims on this site alone.  We live in a paranormal world.  Paranormal means not normal.  If ghosts and aliens and anything else claimed in this site to exist or be seen, it's certainly possible for a God to exist.  

#41    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

Possible for him to exist? Yeah.  In the hearts of those who believe in him.
Just as it's possible for any god to.  

It's all in human faith.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#42    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:11 PM

nothing's impossible. things can just be improbable.

#43    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

And I am sorry, maybe I got a little too crazy and said a few things that are crazy and immature.  I ask that everyone forgive me and call Saucy a raving maniac because he's been super busy with a ton of crap during the last few weeks and I haven't been home in almost two months and Texas is nothing but a sweltering sauna and I miss being at home.  

#44    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

-Patton

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (saucy @ May 15 2004, 09:56 PM)
I've NEVER said creation is 100% truth.  I've never said science is 100% crap.

You dont remember saying:
"The Bible has a remarkable accuracy(100%) with being right."  

----Seraphina

#45    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:45 PM

If you were to believe the bible, like I do, the bible prophecy has a one hundred percent accuracy rating when it comes to what the old testament writers said would happen when it came to Jesus, because every prophecy written came true.  Hey, I believe in the bible and I believe Jesus lived and that the prophets wrote about Jesus before his birth.  You don't, okay, fine, that's your decision, but what I said is that I never said I believed creation 100%  Creation and the prophecies are different topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users