Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Age of Aquarius

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    MysticOnion

MysticOnion

The Intersect

• 3,675 posts

• That's so awesome I can't watch the road. ((SCREEECH OF BRAKES... CRRRAAASSSHHHH)))

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

I'm kind of into astrology - so I know the age of Aquarius is coming soon.

There are things that will happen to mark the change and these are.

1. Increaased rainfall and floods

2. True liberation from oppressive regimes and religions but before this happens there will be war.

3. Mankinds mental abilities are realised - there will be a shift in human consciousness.

I know there's no real proof of anything going to happen but there will be these changes IMO. My opinion is based on previous happenings at the beginning of a new age.  Its going to be great.

Posted Image

Gun Bondage?

#2    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,557 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

View PostSevenofZero, on 29 August 2009 - 09:09 AM, said:

2. True liberation from oppressive regimes and religions but before this happens there will be war.

3. Mankinds mental abilities are realised - there will be a shift in human consciousness.

I know there's no real proof of anything going to happen but there will be these changes IMO. My opinion is based on previous happenings at the beginning of a new age.  Its going to be great.

And what previous historical evidence do you have of any this being valid?

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#3    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

1. This is predicted in some areas due to global warming. Others are suffering desertification.
2. Highly unlikely
3. You wanted to realise your mental abilities. You go to school and educate yourself. Shift in consciousness is a nonsense based on a lack of knowledge on how the brain works.

And the claims for the start of the age of aquarius range from 1447 to 3621, I wouldn't put such faith in new age junk. The world doesn't change like that or just because you want it too. You have to work at it.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#4    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

As I see it, it is already here.

do your palms ever itch?

#5    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Let the sunshine in, you've got to feel it. :)

#6    Zhna

Zhna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• www.zhna.org is the best thing ever!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

This age so Sucks! It's so unpredictable than ever before! Too much brain talk, intellectualism and science makes our living a living hell. Vaccination and antibiotics are not to meant to be used by us because they ruin the harmony in nature. Even micro organisms are living things and has therefore their place. And animals will be hated without reason be it in developed or undeveloped countries. All trouble became with Drug, first their concept of religion and now their technocraty of whom both fail with their monistic thinking. Philosophies which doesn't take things as they are, philosophies which deny spiritual growth! Age of Aquarius is a cleansing of this Earth, even the whole universe and we Zhna will inherit it. Ever heard about polar shifting in atomic scale? When matter change to antimatter, then death will cease to exist, Drug will cease to exist, Peshotanus will cease to exist, Daevas will cease to exist, Ahriman will cease to exist and with them all time and space. Only then we Zhnas will be free from our inner barriers, from our defensiveness, from our suspeciousness, from our stubborness and become innocent childs with FEEL in highest regard.

#7    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

View PostZhna, on 04 September 2009 - 01:48 PM, said:

When matter change to antimatter, then death will cease to exist, Drug will cease to exist, Peshotanus will cease to exist, Daevas will cease to exist, Ahriman will cease to exist and with them all time and space. Only then we Zhnas will be free from our inner barriers, from our defensiveness, from our suspeciousness, from our stubborness and become innocent childs with FEEL in highest regard.

When matter and anti matter meet we all go the way of the dinosaur, nothing will exist anymore for we have will been blown to smitherians.
Out of curiosity, who are the Zhnas?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#8    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

There are many dates regarding when exactly the Age of Aquarius will begin or has already begun. Talk of cusps and the like as well. Any serious discussion regarding the New Age concept, which are spiritual and religious beliefs, should make comparisons, if any, between the Piscean and Aquarian Ages. If we are already in the period of transition then what are the features of those people who fall into either categories?

From where I am looking at into this world I see that various cultures have different versions of a time when the end of one period of humanity shall occur followed by the beginning of a new period of humanity. Personally I feel change is occurring now and that little by little people are being awakened to realize that everyone has at least one gift they can use to help humanity. Help in the smallest of ways those around you in your daily life.

Why is this happening? Because whatever is going to happen those who have come to realize their gifts will be needed. I am not sure what is going to happen and while I can understand other people's beliefs even if I do not fully believe in them I sense the change and will ultimately place my faith in my personal form of Christianity.

Lifting of the veil, the paradigm shift, cosmic consciousness, etc...

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:45 AM

Didn't the Age of Aquarius being in the 60s?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    ladykylie

ladykylie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:42 AM

its goes the opposite way from the Zodiac sequence - BC 1000-BC 1 was the Bull (Taurus),AD1-1000AD was Ram (Aries),1000AD-2000AD was fish (Pisces), now we are going in the Water Bearer (Aquarius)

I dont know what will happens in Aquarius, but base on the theories

Taurus- most of the ancient religous worship Bull
Aries - Christian always use sheep to represent the prayer and to sacrifice
Pisces - Jesus fish (still the Christian thing but more about Jesus)
Aquarius - many say the Christianity will be forgotten and a new age belief will replace the current world view.

Edited by ladykylie, 19 September 2009 - 06:43 AM.

#11    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

I am not sure how accurate breaking down the Ages to neatly correspond with thousand year marks beginning conveniently in the first year of the contemporary era is but there seems to be much disagreement over the dating anyways.

From what I always gathered the Piscean Age began around 1 AD, give or take a few or even a dozen years, and has continued up until this era which finds it ending as we enter the Aquarian Age.

This is from wiki regarding the astronomical and astrological expectations of when the Age of Aquarius actually shall begin. According to it most likely it has not and we are just within the cusp.

Timeframes In 1928, at the Conference of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in Leiden, the Netherlands, the edges of the 88 official constellations became defined in astronomical terms. The edge established between Pisces and Aquarius locates the beginning of the Aquarian Age around the year 2600.

The Austrian astronomer, Professor Hermann Haupt,[30] examined the question of when the Age of Aquarius begins in an article published in 1992 by the Austrian Academy of Science: with the German title Der Beginn des Wassermannzeitalters, eine astronomische Frage? (The Start of the Aquarian Age, an Astronomical Question?). Based on the boundaries accepted by IAU in 1928, Haupt's article investigates the start of the Age of Aquarius by calculating the entry of the spring equinox point over the parallel cycle (d = - 4°) between the constellations Pisces and Aquarius and reaches, using the usual formula of precession (Gliese, 1982), the year 2595. However Haupt concludes:

"Though it cannot be expected that astrologers will follow the official boundaries of the constellations, there will be an attempt to calculate the entry of the spring equinox point into the constellation of Aquarius." ...

"As briefly has been shown, the results and methods of astrology in many areas, such as concerning the Aquarian age, are controversial on their own and cannot be called scientific because of the many esoteric elements."[31]

* Zodiacal 30 degrees:

* Heindel-Rosicrucian based interpretation: begins in ca. AD 2654[32] (the orb of influence started in ca. 1934/1930s).
        * Elsa M. Glover interpretation:[33] ca. AD 2638.
        * Neil Mann interpretation: begins AD 2150.
        * Dane Rudhyar was one of the most important astrologers of the 20th century. His many influential books helped reconcile astrology with modern psychology and free it from the deterministic trappings of the past. According to his interpretation, the Age of Aquarius will begin in AD 2062.
        * Nicholas Campion in "The Book of World Horoscopes" indicates that he has collected over 90 dates provided by researchers for the start of the Age of Aquarius and these dates have a range of over 2,000 years commencing in the 15th century AD.[34] The range of dates for the possible start of the Aquarian age range from 1447 to 3621.

* Constellation boundary year:

* Shephard Simpson interpretation: begins in ca. AD 2680.
        * Hermann Haupt interpretation begins in ca. AD 2595.

Overview "The Age of Freedom, Technology (especially electricity), and the Water Bearer"
There is an expectation that the Aquarian age will usher in a period of group consciousness.[35] Marcia Moore and Mark Douglas claim that the lighting up of the earth artificially by electricity is a sign of the Age of Aquarius.[36] Furthermore they see the appearance of dictators, self expression and the rising influence of the entertainment industry are linked to the Aquarian age by its opposite sign Leo.

Popular culture In popular culture, the expression "Age of Aquarius" usually refers to the heyday of the hippie and New Age movement of the 1960s and 1970s.

This New Age phenomenon is seen by some astrologers to be marked by the conjunction of the planet Uranus, ruler of the sign Aquarius, and the coming age, with Pluto, ruler of the masses, bringing radical change, in the 1960s. However, as the song relates, it is only considered by astrologers as the "dawning" or "cusp" of the Age, with the full strength of the Age not occurring until some time in the future.

The 1967 successful musical Hair, with its opening song "Aquarius" and the memorable line "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius," brought the Aquarian Age concept to the attention of a huge worldwide audience.

Historical Similarity: Current/Projected

Traits of Aquarius such as being 'humanitarian' but at the same time 'unemotional' may indicate to the emergence of active intergovernmental organisations and global solidarity movements.

http://en.wikipedia....Aquarian_age.29

Edited by Rosewin, 19 September 2009 - 07:10 PM.

#12    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

Still looking for my love beads... :lol:

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#13    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

you do realize astrology isnt real right?

the truth is out there....

#14    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

I am not so sure Mulder if it is not real since even wikipedia has an article about it. Seems to be pretty real =)

Whether you put any stock into it or not is up to you and it might not be based on rationality but according to some theories information will respond to it when we look at it, recognize it, or assign some meaning to it, then at that stage it becomes real, at least to the people who believe in it, who become bound by it.

I am not saying this theory is right and you are wrong but there are many angles to look at something and it takes 360 of them to make a full circle.

Edited by Rosewin, 26 September 2009 - 09:01 AM.

#15    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• 1,612 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

Hey if that means I get mental super powers great! ^_^  Without actually going mental...oh wait...to late  :hmm:

:wacko:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users