Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Puma Punku

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#301    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,793 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:08 AM

View Postsandman25, on 14 October 2009 - 03:16 PM, said:

Many in the field are starting to understand the similarities between structures across the globe, particularly the common pyramid form. Indonesia and central America are two places where the structers have striking similarities, including twin headed dragons.

hi sandman....   here are two more examples of global similarities that i find interesting.   Many Many more dolmens around the earth have been dismantled ....    i guess they seemed a little too weird or un Godly or something for some people's tastes .     (click to Expand)....
Attached File  Ourboros~.gif   76.58K   25 downloads Attached File   11 Dolmens:.gif   98.54K   28 downloads

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#302    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,722 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:52 AM

View Postlightlyy, on 15 October 2009 - 03:08 AM, said:

hi sandman....   here are two more examples of global similarities that i find interesting.   Many Many more dolmens around the earth have been dismantled ....    i guess they seemed a little too weird or un Godly or something for some people's tastes .     (click to Expand)....
Attachment Ourboros~.gif Attachment 11 Dolmens:.gif

Lightlyy....

a snake can catch its own tail in only one fashion, unless it is a gymnast..it is a circular pattern.  
Common sense and maybe some rocks falling on them,  have taught the ancient man that you need at least 3 or more walls over a roof..thus the similar looking Dolmens

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#303    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

It would seem that Puma Punku was a pyramid at one time, at least that is what it's being called.

Posted Image

http://images.google...PKYrSsQPapbHcAg

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#304    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,273 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

View PostQoais, on 15 October 2009 - 04:08 AM, said:

It would seem that Puma Punku was a pyramid at one time, at least that is what it's being called.

Posted Image

http://images.google...PKYrSsQPapbHcAg

Does #2 really look like a pyramid? Or could it be that whoever made this graph was limited in the Spanish language to the point that all unknown buildings are "pyramids" for him/her/it?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#305    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,793 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

View PostThe Spartan, on 15 October 2009 - 03:52 AM, said:

Lightlyy....

a snake can catch its own tail in only one fashion, unless it is a gymnast..it is a circular pattern.  
Common sense and maybe some rocks falling on them,  have taught the ancient man that you need at least 3 or more walls over a roof..thus the similar looking Dolmens

The Spartan....

yes, the Ourboros are ,very specific,  circular patterns... appearing in diverse places around the earth in times that were/are believed to provide little to no human interaction between those places....   so i find it interesting that the circular patterns are SO specific.

If Common sense taught ancient man "That you need at least 3 or more walls OVER a roof"  ,as you stated above..  no wonder  they had "maybe some rocks falling on them"   lol,  i know what you meant to say...  but i doubt if Dolmens were dwellings ,if that is your inference, with the walls and roof statement... kinda drafty!    I just find it very Interesting when evidence reveals Globally ,more or less,  ... shared information or traditions in times far earlier than believed possible by the most commonly agreed upon assumptions.  Don't you?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#306    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

A pyramid is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point. The base of a pyramid can be trilateral, quadrilateral, or any polygon shape, meaning that a pyramid has at least four faces (base plus at least three triangular faces). The five-face square pyramid is a common version.

Who said all pyramids had to look like the Great Pyramid?

Edited by Qoais, 15 October 2009 - 03:08 PM.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

#307    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,273 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

View PostQoais, on 15 October 2009 - 03:08 PM, said:

A pyramid is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point. The base of a pyramid can be trilateral, quadrilateral, or any polygon shape, meaning that a pyramid has at least four faces (base plus at least three triangular faces). The five-face square pyramid is a common version.

Who said all pyramids had to look like the Great Pyramid?

ehm... yes and where do they converge on building 2? in one, two or no points?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#308    sandman25

sandman25

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

hi sandman.... here are two more examples of global similarities that i find interesting. Many Many more dolmens around the earth have been dismantled .... i guess they seemed a little too weird or un Godly or something for some people's tastes . (click to Expand)....

These are really cool lightly..will review. Thanks

"I like sand.."

#309    sandman25

sandman25

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thank qoais - i am still wondering if it ever was an actual pyramid..Nice Diagram. Will have to keep looking.

"I like sand.."

#310    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

Only the Akapana structure is considered to have been something of a pyramid shape.

But not much is left of any of the original structures:  they now are all nothing but heaps of rubble, or only the fundaments are left.

But what's left is still very impressive, and when I was there (1991) the Argentinian (? not sure) archeologists were still very busy digging.

#311    sandman25

sandman25

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Only the Akapana structure is considered to have been something of a pyramid shape.

Abramelin - do you know of any research that exists showing the actual shape of the structure as it was then? I have only found diagrams of the stones and how they fit. It may be that we will never know. But these stones don't look like they were cut to forma pyramid, just a base square platform.

"I like sand.."

#312    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,104 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

View Postsandman25, on 15 October 2009 - 04:53 PM, said:

Abramelin - do you know of any research that exists showing the actual shape of the structure as it was then? I have only found diagrams of the stones and how they fit. It may be that we will never know. But these stones don't look like they were cut to forma pyramid, just a base square platform.

Hi Sandman (I like your name, btw, it makes me think of Neil Gayman's books),

I only know of this site:
http://www.archaeolo...naku/index.html

As far as I know it's the only website about archeological digs at the Tiwanaku/Pumu Punku site.

I have asked these archeologists who were digging when I was there many questions in English and in my best Spanish, but they were reluctant to answer any questions. And not even when I said that is was people like me, and millions of others paying tax for their work,and that they should at least have the decency to even pretend to give me an answer.

#313    sandman25

sandman25

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

wow Abremelin , appreciate the insight. they did not want to talk eah..well there's something anyway. The site has been looted for generations so guess hard to really know. I would like to see more recent analysis at PP, but don't expect the bolivian's to relenquish any of this littel jewell to anyone. I did mail a very prominant geologist, you have seen him in all the shows regarding the age of the spinx, and asked for his interpretations of PP. He replied saying that he wished he could visit the site to make analysis, and felt it to be extremely interesting.

Maybe we can get some credentialed preple there to publish more. (need to look up Neil Gayman..)I'm a bit jealous, you having actually visited the site. BTW..to me item #2 does look like a stylelized pyramid, but not sure if it fits the exact definition of one.

Edited by sandman25, 15 October 2009 - 06:52 PM.

"I like sand.."

#314    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

View Postzoser, on 14 October 2009 - 08:07 PM, said:

Ours, a product of the Industrial Revolution has been around for some 300 years and we are now more stressed, diseased and perverse that any time in the entire history of the human race.
And how do you figure that? In what way are we more diseased?

I would love to know how we are more perverse!

And how do you know if we are more stressed?

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#315    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

I don't think there are too many that are more perverse than the Marquis de Saad or Caligula Ceasar.

Edited by Qoais, 15 October 2009 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users