Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

moon hoax

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Deathsythe Hell

Deathsythe Hell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 12:14 AM

I recently saw a special on fox that talked about the moon landing being a hoax. I thought that all the evidence made sence and I am really sure that a lot of people need convincing of it and a found a website that talks about it and displays the evidence   www.ufos-aliens.co.uk

visit if you need convincing ohmy.gif

"Your thoughts and dreams are no longer sacred, as they are exposed to a weapon known as remote
viewing and monitoring." -System of a Down

#2    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 11:36 PM

I heard about this hoax.  I didnt believe it was true until I read about the flag.  In the picture the flag is waving, but how can a flag wave when there is no wind??

Jamie

#3    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 12 June 2001 - 06:36 PM

Hey Death,

Ha Ha Ha Ha! (I always wanted to laugh at death)  original.gif

Seriously though, check out the thread started by Dowdy on the moon landing hoax in the Skeptics section of this forum. I don't really want to rehash an old topic, especially one that is quite silly. Check out the links I provide that pretty much make hash of all the arguments about the moon landing being a hoax and decide what you want to believe from there. The link you provided seems quite interesting, although there were a couple broken links to some subjects on that website I would have liked to explore further, bummer. It also shows more Mars anomolies pictures that weren't in the link I provided on another post, these guys have quite an imagination. wink2.gif

It may interest you Gareth, they have several USGS photo's that show the entire Area 51 base. There aren't any real detailed close up pictures, but still interesting.

MAGIKMAN

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 June 2001 - 07:00 PM

Magikman,

That's actually a very interesting site, with a considerable number of features and articles, although some of them seem a bit far fetched. The images of area51 are also very good. I don't think there's a single shot of the base missed out on that page.

It's just a shame that some of the links are broken as you said - I would love to have seen the "last photograph of Phobos 2 with a 20km long ufo mothership beside it". ;D

#5    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 15 June 2001 - 07:17 PM

Jamie,

Follow this link to a rather simplistic explanation for the 'waving flag' effect;

http://www.thursdaysclassroom.com/15mar01/flagwaving.html

MAGIKMAN

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#6    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 June 2001 - 10:00 PM

Magikman,

Thank you for the link  :D  :P

Jamie

#7    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 16 June 2001 - 09:56 AM

Magikman,
       the flag is easy to explain but how do you explain this?

In this photograph of John Young readjusting an antenna next to the Lunar Rover Vehicle (LRV), there is a marker, known as a cross-hair (inset) (P), that goes behind the LRV's equipment. These cross-hairs (Q), which appear on all the lunar photographs, are made by a screen of cross-hairs placed between the shutter and the film. The bright, reflected light may have obliterated the fine line of this one, or it could have happened if the image was retouched. The foreground shows what looks like the letter 'C' on a boulder ®. Is this perhaps an identification letter left on a studio prop? The letter C on the original photo is actually quite well defined and it is hard to imagine what can cause such a well-laid inscription on a boulder in a desolate place such as the moon. The tracks made by the LRV's wheel turn rather oddly at right-angles (S). These tracks could have been caused by studio technicians pushing the buggy into place. Such clear tracks and footprints require moisture to form and should not appear on the dry lunar surface.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#8    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 17 June 2001 - 02:33 AM

Dowdy,

Help me understand something. You posted this statement to Homer in the Re: Skeptical? thread in the Skeptical category;

"i actually believe that we went to the moon but no one was posting anything in the 'Skeptic's Corner' so i had to start something to get it going."

So what is it? Are you attempting to prove to Allen (Yellow-Wizard) that you can indeed be annoying at times, or did you not read the information I provided in the link on your "Moon Hoax" thread. All the answers to your questions are there if you really do want to know them. There are other links on that website that provide even more explanations if you care to follow them. Remember, what you know is limited only by the amount of data you allow yourself to accumulate.

Magikman

#9    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 17 June 2001 - 04:49 AM

Magikman,
       i do believe that we went to the moon but i'm NOT a strong believer in that we went to the moon, but i still believe we went to the moon. I still have my doubts about some pictures like the one i just showed.
You seem to be a strong believer that we went so maybe you might have some answers for the picture i showed.
And i read the whole thing in the skepitics corner and it didn't provide any answers to the picture. Although a link you provided told about the crosshair and about the white 'bleeding' over black  but it doesn't tell about the other two things in the photo. you might have the answers for that.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#10    Magikman

Magikman

• 6,280 posts

Posted 17 June 2001 - 06:05 AM

Dowdy,

Fair enough. Yes, there are answers to what appear to be anomolies in the picture you posted. As I had mentioned, you only had to follow the additional links the website provided to obtain the information. Go to this link that offers an explanation to footprints in the dust as well as their opinion on the 'marked' rock;

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/dust.html#rock

The main page has a row of clickable links on the left side of the screen;

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

Click on the link titled Patently Obvious for an explanation as to the odd track marks left by the rover. Its near the bottom of the page. Simply put, the rover's steering was done by the rear wheels, not the front, and the track in the picture is going down an incline, which means some of the track outline is partially hidden from us. Also check out the Photography Fakery link for a pictorial representation of the 'bright white color bleeding into the crosshair' explanation. If you get a chance and/or some time, follow all the links along the left side of the screen, I believe it to be even more detailed than the website I offered on your original post.

MAGIKMAN

#11    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 10:35 AM

Another thing that baffles me is the pressure the astronauts are subjected to by wearing their space suits.

How can the astronauts move freely considerding the pressure they are under when wearing the space suits.

Any answers for that Magikman.

#12    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 September 2002 - 10:31 PM

A couple of links debunking that fox program, click the smilies:

:sj

:sj

Many apologises if these links have already been posted. Dowdy, the second link may be of interest as it deals directly with the photos

never take me too seriously

#13    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 September 2002 - 10:43 PM

Just gone and checked the other thread, and yes MM has already beaten me to it on those links (by quite a long way) - sorry for the duplication!

never take me too seriously

#14    jwalker

jwalker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 05:18 AM

i think they really went to the moon..
we are really making a moutain out of a molehill here.

not everything is a conspiracy, and i doubt sending a man to the moon is one. 1 reason is that usually conspiracies are done in secret, not broadcasted to the whole world.

the flag, dust on the craft, blah blah all can be explained with basic science.

i always thought that the flag has a wire on the top to keep it upright ...

#15    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 11:03 AM

Just a thought, since they found Mars rocks in antartica wouldn't it also be feasible to find moon rocks on Earth. This way if it was hoaked and they have the rocks to prove that they went, couldn't have been faked by using those rocks found on Earth?

I'm pretty sure the missions did go as seen because my uncle was a Seaman on the U.S.S. Hornet that retrived Apollo 11 out of the ocean after splash down.

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users