Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Post Your Fav Ghost Pics

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:09 PM

View Postcpjason, on 12 September 2009 - 08:07 PM, said:

These are my 2 favorites. The first one is the ladies dead husband, and the second a airman who died in ww2 yet showed up for a photo shoot anyway.(correct me if I am wrong)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Umm... that 1st one totally looks like some normal guy (probably the old woman's very much alive husband) standing behind her with the bright sunlight behind him making him look a little blurry.

I've seen the 2nd one before. It's pretty cool, but hasn't that one already been debunked??

I'm really starting to sound like a total naysayer here heh. :innocent:

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#17    mr mystery

mr mystery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

i think the one with the man behind the woman isnt a 'ghost' but the 2nd one is pretty good and freaky!

#18    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 13 September 2009 - 12:49 PM, said:

It's just a leave and a perfect example of "pareidolia", or the brain naturally making a meaningful pattern out of randomness. Sorry to be a buzzkill, wouldn't it be funny if it really was some curious bush troll? Heh.

By the way, I think your aunt in the photo totally looks like the ghost in the pic because the leaves behind her are bright colored, yet she is black and white. What the heck is up with that pic???   :blink:

"Seax - I looked at your picture yesterday, and thought it looked really eerie and authentic, do you know any History about the picture or your great Aunt?"

How did you get authentic from that? I can't be the only one that has noticed the woman and the background seem like 2 totally different pics put together. My question is why? I mean I didn't think cameras back then (judging by her clothes) could even show colors that lush in the background. But the colors of her are authentic of photos of the time (notice how her skin is a gray instead of flesh toned).

*EDIT* - Yeah, the color showing in the leaves wasn't even availible in pictures until many many years later:

"The first color plate, Autochrome, invented by the French Lumière brothers, reached the market in 1907. It was based on a 'screen-plate' filter made of dyed dots of potato starch, and was the only color film on the market until German Agfa introduced the similar Agfacolor in 1932. In 1935, American Kodak introduced the first modern ('integrated tri-pack') color film, Kodachrome, based on three colored emulsions. This was followed in 1936 by Agfa's Agfacolor Neue. Unlike the Kodachrome tri-pack process, the color couplers in Agfacolor Neue were integral with the emulsion layers, which greatly simplified the film processing. Most modern color films, except Kodachrome, are based on the Agfacolor Neue technology. Instant color film was introduced by Polaroid in 1963."

Argh! Every time I look at it it rises more questions, and every question that arises makes me look at it again!  :wacko:

Edited by Jerry Only, 13 September 2009 - 02:06 PM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#19    seax

seax

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

• People will forgive you for anything, but being right...

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 13 September 2009 - 12:49 PM, said:

It's just a leave and a perfect example of "pareidolia", or the brain naturally making a meaningful pattern out of randomness. Sorry to be a buzzkill, wouldn't it be funny if it really was some curious bush troll? Heh.

By the way, I think your aunt in the photo totally looks like the ghost in the pic because the leaves behind her are bright colored, yet she is black and white. What the heck is up with that pic???   :blink:

"Seax - I looked at your picture yesterday, and thought it looked really eerie and authentic, do you know any History about the picture or your great Aunt?"

How did you get authentic from that? I can't be the only one that has noticed the woman and the background seem like 2 totally different pics put together. My question is why? I mean I didn't think cameras back then (judging by her clothes) could even show colors that lush in the background. But the colors of her are authentic of photos of the time (notice how her skin is a gray instead of flesh toned).

Argh! Every time I look at it it rises more questions, and every question that arises makes me look at it again!  :wacko:

Hey Jerry Only,

I was messing with the photo experimenting on putting color to it...I am posting the original photo that I have not tried to colorize.

Thanks for the input.

best regards,
seax  B)

Attached Thumbnails

• original.JPG

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

Richard Feynman

#20    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

View Postseax, on 13 September 2009 - 02:12 PM, said:

Hey Jerry Only,

I was messing with the photo experimenting on putting color to it...I am posting the original photo that I have not tried to colorize.

Thanks for the input.

best regards,
seax  B)

Ok thanks, now I can put my spinning head to rest.  :blush:

#21    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:50 AM

View PostJerry Only, on 13 September 2009 - 01:09 PM, said:

Umm... that 1st one totally looks like some normal guy (probably the old woman's very much alive husband) standing behind her with the bright sunlight behind him making him look a little blurry.

I've seen the 2nd one before. It's pretty cool, but hasn't that one already been debunked??

I'm really starting to sound like a total naysayer here heh. :innocent:

There is no conclusive evidence. No evidence of photoshop as far as I know, and these have been around forever. FBA's can take a real to life human form and look just like normal people. It is rare, but it can happen.

I haven't really done the research to prove or disprove but I have read many forum threads on these 2 pictures and have never seen a real explanation either way.

Edited by cpjason, 14 September 2009 - 01:54 AM.

Thatguy, international man of mystery.

#22    sir guy the seeker

sir guy the seeker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

View Postcpjason, on 12 September 2009 - 08:07 PM, said:

These are my 2 favorites. The first one is the ladies dead husband, and the second a airman who died in ww2 yet showed up for a photo shoot anyway.(correct me if I am wrong)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Very impressive pictures!! I especially like the second one the face is so clear and the photo was taken many years before it became so easy to manipulate photographs via internet/computers etc. It doesnt rule out some sort of double exposure though but it dont look like one.

It's all good fun until someone loses an eye

#23    Ghoulies4Life

Ghoulies4Life

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

I've always been a big fan of the Tombstone ghost picture.

The SPOOKIEST channel on YouTube...Except not really:
http://www.youtube.c...lishexpeditions

#24    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Another necropost.

Welcome to UM, you must be reading way in the archives.  Most of the people in this thread haven't been around in a while because it's so old.

#25    CharlieCluster7

CharlieCluster7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul. And when you believe, they call it rock n' roll.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

John Matthew DeFeo's ghost in the Amityville house. Look at those eyes!
Posted Image

#26    Rinna

Rinna

An eye for liner

• 1,984 posts

• "All of the hardest, coldest people you'll ever meet were once as soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living."

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

The below is one of my favorites. It was first posted on Reddit, and although it's not exactly ghostly, it still scares me. The explanation is supposed to be as follows:

"This is about my Uncle. I think it was the late 70s or 80s; I cant remember which, but my uncle is old hes like 50 now. Anyway he took a trip to the Grand Canyon with his friends. They were driving along the grand canyon and stopped near this area with hedges/brush on the side of the canyon and decided to take one of your standard funny Grand Canyon pictures. They had a really funny idea; my uncle was to stand on the side of the canyon with a fishing rod and pretend to fish off the side of the canyon. So they ended up taking the picture, and shortly after packed up and drove off. So they took the roll to be developed and when they saw the picture they noticed something very strange. In the picture, not far behind my Uncle, was a man dressed in all black with pale white skin standing there in the brush just staring at the camera with a knowing smirk on his face. He said he and his two friends were in that spot for about 15 minutes. My Uncle and his friends claimed that they did not know this man, that they were the only ones in the spot, and the Grand Canyon was vacant of tourists at this time of year."

This is the link to the page where the picture was discussed and reviewed:http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/159kdp/what_is_an_extremely_darkcreepy_true_story_most/c7kitcgimage.jpg

Edited by woodsbooger, 11 February 2014 - 04:53 PM.

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” -Charles Bukowski

#27    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostCharlieCluster7, on 10 February 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is one of my favorites too.

Unfortunately it's just a kid wearing glasses which are reflecting the flash. When the negative was released, it was very obvious.

#28    Ghoulies4Life

Ghoulies4Life

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 12 September 2009 - 12:23 PM, said:

My personal fav has always been The Brown Lady at Raynham Hall, England -

Posted Image

I made a YouTube video about this photo!:

#29    Ghoulies4Life

Ghoulies4Life

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostCharlieCluster7, on 10 February 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Posted Image
This one scares the poop out of me.

#30    CharlieCluster7

CharlieCluster7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul. And when you believe, they call it rock n' roll.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

View Postscowl, on 11 February 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

This is one of my favorites too.

Unfortunately it's just a kid wearing glasses which are reflecting the flash. When the negative was released, it was very obvious.

I heard it was taken during a ghost investigation and its possibly one of the investigators, Paul Bartz, standing on his knees with the glowing eyes due to infrared film.
http://newsfromthesp...ille-ghost-boy/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users