Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hunters to scour lake for monster

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Timothy O'Donnell</strong>
Image credit: Timothy O'Donnell
An expedition is being planned to search for evidence for the existence of a large serpent-like creature sighted in Cameron Lake, Canada. An initial inspection is expected to reveal whether there is anything to the stories.

"People have reported seeing what they can best describe as a creature in Cameron Lake, just 30 kilometres west of Parksville, and John Kirk wants to find out what it is. Kirk co-founded a B.C. group dedicated to hunting unidentified animals, or cryptid, and said he and his fellow members of the Scientific Cryptozoology Club have been fielding calls from people who say it's time to take a closer look."

Posted Image View: Full Article | Posted Image Source: Canada.com

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:37 AM

Again? My money's on they'll find nothing.

I would love for them to find hard evidence of Nessie, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Posted Image

#3    Samuronin

Samuronin

Most Valuable Player

• 3,048 posts

• "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

I would love for them to find hard evidence of Nessie, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Sad, but its the truth.

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#4    chrisk

chrisk

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

I agree. I don't think they will find anything, but we can hope!

#5    village_idiot

village_idiot

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Land Volunteer

• 2,271 posts

• "Are you willing to risk your life to save whales?"
    -Captain Paul Watson

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

Sounds like a Monsterquest hunt...I'll bet you all the money in my bank account they find nothing!

#6    seax

seax

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

• People will forgive you for anything, but being right...

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Nah..I lost hope in the illusive sea serpent or unknown lake creatures.  Maybe..oversized fish..eels...animals not native to the body of water or area.  But...if I'm proven wrong I will be glad I was proven wrong.

seax  :tu:

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

Richard Feynman

#7    mlauzon

mlauzon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

This was on Canada AM this morning, but of course they didn't really give it much air time as they left it till almost the end of the show; if something is not mainstream that's where it ends up on Canada AM.

They did find something on fisherman's sonar, they need to get real sonar, etc.

Michael
Posted Image

#8    Kaikou

Kaikou

The Akuma Plant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• What If you could look right through the cracks....

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

View PostAgent X, on 17 September 2009 - 01:37 AM, said:

I'd have to agree with that too. Although now that i've said that I bet they'll find something. God always likes to prove me wrong.

#9    SniperGurl

SniperGurl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• "Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through". ~Jonathan Swift

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

It will be interesting to see what they actually discover in that lake. I had never even heard of this "lake Monster" before now. Of course the Ogopogo is well known across BC but, this one seems to be lower on the reputation scale!  :unsure2:

I have maintained an extreme level of anger and solitude over peroids of my life...And in doing so I've developed into a devil...So in order to know me is to accept an angelic demon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users