Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The oldest tribe in the world!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Bozena

Bozena

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Hello to all,

I have read one book from American medical doctor spending 6 months in desert with Aborigini's in Australia. They told her: they are descendents from the very first people. The book wrote Marlo Morgan. Is that true or not, I am not sure, but the book pretty exciting.

http://www.ebgymholl...jekte/abori.htm

Any idea about those people and other tribes?

Bozena

#2    clubfoot O.M.G.

clubfoot O.M.G.

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,283 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

Australia's Aboriginal culture may represent the world's oldest surviving culture. Stone tool technology and painting (they used red ochre pigment) dates back over 60,000 years.

This address might help give you more info: http://www.aboriginalculture.com.au Posted Image

#3    KRS-One

KRS-One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

• This Machine Kills Fascists

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Or it could be that any isolated group of humans who haven't had extended contact with other societies believes they are the "oldest in the world" because they don't know of any other groups who could possibly have been older.

#4    J-Peezae

J-Peezae

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

View PostBozena, on 19 September 2009 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hello to all,

I have read one book from American medical doctor spending 6 months in desert with Aborigini's in Australia. They told her: they are descendents from the very first people. The book wrote Marlo Morgan. Is that true or not, I am not sure, but the book pretty exciting.

Bozena

it does seem entirely possible that humans evolved out of australia.  but why do new zelands natives look so much like asians and hawaiians and eskimos?

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,588 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

View PostJ-Peezae, on 19 September 2009 - 09:30 PM, said:

it does seem entirely possible that humans evolved out of australia.  but why do new zelands natives look so much like asians and hawaiians and eskimos?

Because Maoris are South Sea navigators who got stranded in New Zealand.

Now, as of evolving out of Australia... sounds not like the orthodox  theory... but we would like to see a verosimile theory.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

Well, technically everyone in every part of the world is a descendant from the "very first people". Australian aborigines may have a culture that has remained unchanged for longer than most, but I'd imagine that there are tribes in Africa which are older. Mitochondrial and fossil evidenece supports the "Out of Africa" theory. I've never heard anyone claim that humans evolved in Australia.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#7    Hanslune

Hanslune

Poltergeist

• 2,340 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

Some of the San tribes may be older but there is no proof of it.

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem.

#8    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 9,177 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

View PostJ-Peezae, on 19 September 2009 - 09:30 PM, said:

it does seem entirely possible that humans evolved out of australia.

Only if you're ignorant of virtually the entirety of human and hominid evolution. No one familiar with it thinks we evolved elsewhere but on the African savanna, and the fossil record backs that up. (Because of some relatively recent finds in Georgia, there is some thinking that we may have left Africa earlier than originally thought, but no one who knows what they're talking about suggests a non-Afircan origin. Even the aquatic ape people think that happened in Africa...)

but why do new zelands natives look so much like asians and hawaiians and eskimos?

They don't. I hardly think you'd mistake a Maori for Inuit (as indeed, the word Eskimo is a rude term to use), or a Hawaiian for a Han Chinese or Hmong. Or, as you seem to suggest, an Aboriginal Australian for a Maori, Han or Inuit. (Although admittedly, you might mistake a Hawaiian islander for a Maori, since they are legitimately related.)

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 20 September 2009 - 04:54 PM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#9    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,744 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

View PostHanslune, on 20 September 2009 - 04:42 PM, said:

Some of the San tribes may be older but there is no proof of it.

Well ..Hans...Nice Meeting you over here.
its me coredrill from ATS..(remember the guy from UAE??)

We need sensible folks like u over here too!!

Edited by The Spartan, 20 September 2009 - 04:53 PM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#10    Hanslune

Hanslune

Poltergeist

• 2,340 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

View PostThe Spartan, on 20 September 2009 - 04:53 PM, said:

Well ..Hans...Nice Meeting you over here.
its me coredrill from ATS..(remember the guy from UAE??)

We need sensible folks like u over here too!!

Howdy Spartan, of course I do, you're a NRI engineer if I remember correctly. I'm now in Manama myself. I'm only partially sensible as I think kumquats are aliens (but only only Tuesdays)

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem.

#11    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,573 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

Hello to all,

Bozena

Just because they never changed a single iota in 40,000 years doesn't make them the oldest tribe in the world.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#12    clubfoot O.M.G.

clubfoot O.M.G.

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,283 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:40 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 20 September 2009 - 04:52 PM, said:

Only if you're ignorant of virtually the entirety of human and hominid evolution. No one familiar with it thinks we evolved elsewhere but on the African savanna, and the fossil record backs that up. (Because of some relatively recent finds in Georgia, there is some thinking that we may have left Africa earlier than originally thought, but no one who knows what they're talking about suggests a non-Afircan origin. Even the aquatic ape people think that happened in Africa...)

They don't. I hardly think you'd mistake a Maori for Inuit (as indeed, the word Eskimo is a rude term to use), or a Hawaiian for a Han Chinese or Hmong. Or, as you seem to suggest, an Aboriginal Australian for a Maori, Han or Inuit. (Although admittedly, you might mistake a Hawaiian islander for a Maori, since they are legitimately related.)

--Jaylemurph

You can follow as many of the fossil records of human and hominid evolution as you like, the actual fact is we really don't know, so I'm pleased that you used the term 'think', because that's all it is, hypothesis based on 'limited' data. There is more than you may be able to imagine in Aboriginal, Maori, Fijian and Papua New Guinean 'verbal' history, I don't know whether you have met them or not, or conversed with them, but I have. Small minds create small worlds, to be so definitive, smothers 'questioning' and new avenues of query...............Just my perspective of course.

#13    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

View Postclubfoot O.M.G., on 21 September 2009 - 06:40 AM, said:

You can follow as many of the fossil records of human and hominid evolution as you like, the actual fact is we really don't know, so I'm pleased that you used the term 'think', because that's all it is, hypothesis based on 'limited' data. There is more than you may be able to imagine in Aboriginal, Maori, Fijian and Papua New Guinean 'verbal' history, I don't know whether you have met them or not, or conversed with them, but I have. Small minds create small worlds, to be so definitive, smothers 'questioning' and new avenues of query...............Just my perspective of course.

The actual fact is that we do know two things. The first is that the origin myths of the majority of peoples say that they were the first. The second is that humans evolved in Africa, All the scientific evidence in the world, from paleoanthropology to genetics points to that direction, and it is pretty much futile to argue with it. Mitochondria DNA is a wee bit more reliable then oral tradition.

#14    Bozena

Bozena

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

Hi to all,

Here (in the book) are important some things:

The tribe, this woman was invited to spend with them to walk through desert about 3 months and live like them. It means: no clothes, no food and no water (the last two they had to find on their way).
Before that she has got message that there is (on the end) somebody born the same hour, day, month and the year, she had to do that to meet her "twin soul". The translator told her, they had a agreement (in the heaven) as two souls to be born the same time and down there as a human should meet after (exact) 50 years. After they meet, they should be together and work for the world.

She went really through all that: very high temperature, no food, no water, with peace of linen around the body. They have found the water but sometimes it took more days to come to some hole or source. What they have eaten I became sick, reading that book. When I think about Ian Wright from Lonely Planet, he had sometimes something to eat or to drink: he was in much better situation. Normal person can't even look that.

After 3 three months they really came to the place (deep hole bellow earth) and she met this guy, her "twin soul". His time of the birth was written on seme kind of the wall: the same as she was born.  

They told her also, that all members of that tribe (they have the name, I don't know how) have decided: not to have children anymore and on that way dissappear from the Earth.

The end of the book is not very clear. Did she have some contact with her “twin soul” or not, there is nothing about that. She went back to US.

Bozena

#15    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

Hello to all,

Bozena

There's just a tiny problem with this Marlo Morgan...

The Aboriginals accuse her of committing "spiritual genocide".

They accuse her of being insulting and being racist in a subtle way, and totally mispresenting their spiritual life. The conversations in her book are incredible according to Aboriginals.

Robert Egginton, coordinator of the Aboriginal organistion "Dumbartung" is campaigning worldwide against her books. Morgan actually told him in a telephone conversation that she made it all up, but did not write this confession down on paper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users