Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Rake...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    NightTrainMurderer

NightTrainMurderer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

Does the rake actually exist?

I don't mean in the physical world, I mean amongst urban legends. The only accounts I've been able to come across is in a "creepypasta". The idea of a cannibalistic psuedo-human tickles me in a way I can't describe. Help a brother out.

#2    WalkingDude20

WalkingDude20

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

• Next to God, there is no greater protector than I.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

I'm going to make hate to you.

#3    allen_iverson

allen_iverson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

• If Speed kills, Then I slaughter

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

we cant read your mind buddy explain what the hell it is that you are talking about

Godspeed

#4    NightTrainMurderer

NightTrainMurderer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

OK. Sorry, didn't realize how vague the post was when I made it.

There is a "creature" referred to as "the Rake", he is described as being a thin, pale human/oid.

Here is a story posted as a "creepypasta". Something about this seems so familiar though. Which is why I am asking if it actually exists as an urban legend.

Three years ago, I had just returned from a trip from Niagara Falls with my family for the 4th of July. We were all very exhausted after a long day of driving, so my husband and I put the kids right to bed and called it a night.

At about 4am, I woke up thinking my husband had gotten up to use the restroom. I used the moment to steal back the sheets, only to wake him in the process. I appologized and told him I though he got out of bed. When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing.

After adjusting to the dark for a half second, I was able to see what caused the strange reaction. At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. Itís body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition. At this point I was somewhat under the assumption that we were supposed to help him.

My husband was peering over his arm and knee, tucked into the fetal position, occasionally glancing at me before returning to the creature.

In a flurry of motion, the creature scrambled around the side of the bed, and then crawled quickly in a flailing sort of motion right along the bed until it was less than a foot from my husbandís face. The creature was completely silent for about 30 seconds (or probably closer to 5, it just seemed like a while) just looking at my husband. The creature then placed its hand on his knee and ran into the hallway, leading to the kidsí rooms.

I screamed and ran for the lightswitch, planning to stop him before he hurt my children. When I got to the hallway, the light from the bedroom was enough to see it crouching and hunched over about 20 feet away. He turned around and looked directly at me, covered in blood. I flipped the switch on the wall and saw my daughter Clara.

The creature ran down the stairs while my husband and I rushed to help our daughter. She was very badly injured and spoke only once more in her short life. She said ďhe is the RakeĒ.

My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

Being a small town, news got around pretty quickly. The police were helpful at first, and the local newspaper took a lot of interest as well. However, the story was never published and the local television news never followed up either.

For several months, my son Justin and I stayed in a hotel near my parentís house. After we decided to return home, I began looking for answers myself. I eventually located a man in the next town over who had a similar story. We got in contact and began talking about our experiences. He knew of two other people in New York who had seen the creature we now referred to as the Rake.

It took the four of us about two solid years of hunting on the internet and writing letters to come up with a small collection of what we believe to be accounts of the Rake. None of them gave any details, history or follow up. One journal had an entry involving the creature in its first 3 pages, and never mentioned it again. A shipís log explained nothing of the encounter, saying only that they were told to leave by the Rake. That was the last entry in the log.

There were, however, many instances where the creatureís visit was one of a series of visits with the same person. Multiple people also mentioned being spoken to, my daughter included. This led us to wonder if the Rake had visited any of us before our last encounter.

I set up a digital recorder near my bed and left it running all night, every night, for two weeks. I would tediously scan through the sounds of me rolling around in my bed each day when I woke up. By the end of the second week, I was quite used to the occasional sound of sleep while blurring through the recording at 8 times the normal speed. (This still took almost an hour every day)

On the first day of the third week, I thought I heard something different. What I found was a shrill voice. It was the Rake. I canít listen to it long enough to even begin to transcribe it. I havenít let anyone listen to it yet. All I know is that Iíve heard it before, and I now believe that it spoke when it was sitting in front of my husband. I donít remember hearing anything at the time, but for some reason, the voice on the recorder immediately brings me back to that moment.

The thoughts that must have gone through my daughterís head make me very upset.

I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night Iíll wake up to see him staring at me.

#5    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,090 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

View PostNightTrainMurderer, on 23 September 2009 - 04:09 PM, said:

OK. Sorry, didn't realize how vague the post was when I made it.

There is a "creature" referred to as "the Rake", he is described as being a thin, pale human/oid.

Here is a story posted as a "creepypasta". Something about this seems so familiar though. Which is why I am asking if it actually exists as an urban legend.
Wow - that's one creepy story. I've never heard of such a thing.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#6    GoldenArms

GoldenArms

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

As real as the Slender Man.

#7    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

A very creepy story but still very fake.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#8    NightTrainMurderer

NightTrainMurderer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

View PostGoldenArms, on 23 September 2009 - 04:43 PM, said:

As real as the Slender Man.

Haha Slender Man, I'm loving the MH ARG (if it is one).

View PostLat, on 23 September 2009 - 05:28 PM, said:

A very creepy story but still very fake.

I know it's fake. My question wasn't "OMG iz this realz????" I asked if anyone knew if it existed as an Urban Legend prior to the creepypasta that had been posted.

#9    Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro

The Death of Bunny Munro

• 3,075 posts

• You will not like me now and you shall like me a good deal less as we do go on...

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

Haha, 'He is the rake', hilarious.

Grant me this at least, man differs more from man than man from beast....

#10    allen_iverson

allen_iverson

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

• If Speed kills, Then I slaughter

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

sounds like a cheesy movie never heard of it??

Godspeed

#11    zombiekill999

zombiekill999

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• It's good to trust others but, not to do so is much better

Benito Mussolini

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

View PostStarbelly..., on 24 September 2009 - 09:48 AM, said:

Haha, 'He is the rake', hilarious.
Wow, that is one hell of an idea for a amatuer horror video. I wonder if anyone has copyrighted this story...

Posted Image

Roger Whad'ya think? Bag it or try for it?
Peter You game?
Roger I need lighter fluid.
Peter You got it.

#12    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'm preparing my camera, me and my friends are gonna shoot this movie...
^_^

#13    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

i'm filming it right now...

#14    Kyle Rajasthan

Kyle Rajasthan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• Man is wolf to man, and the wolf with the sharpest teeth shall win.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Good story. Nice and creepy. This would make a good movie if; you keep it away from Sci-Fi pictures. Some of their stuff is very bad. I have never heard of this story as an Urban Legend though, so I'm not going to be able to add anything. Have you tried a Web search?

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

#15    saoc

saoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:46 AM

I keep picturing Smeagol from Lord of the Rings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users