Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Charles Manson

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    synge

synge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• such a perfect color for you

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:57 PM

Do you think Manson really did it?
Did he kill all those people himself?
or did he use/was told to use people to kill people for him with mind control?

what do you think?

i seriously don't think he could have done all those murders.

#2    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:07 PM

he got his commune members to do most of them. he did one or two, if i remember correctly. go to the crime library to find out for sure.

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#3    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

Long story short: Manson is an evil, warped individual, who is currently heading towards a death that he very richly deserves. Trying to rationalise what he did (if..."rationalise" is really what the idea of mind control does blink.gif) is pointless....people like him simply don't think on the same level as normal human beings, and there's no way we can possibly understand what was going through his head that made him do it.

Was he under some kind of mind controlling influence? No....he was just a twisted peice of human garbage that I'd like to see done away with sooner rather than later.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#4    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

It is commonly believed that he used a form of behavior alteration, and in a sense this would be considered mind control. But what he did was not that different from Jim Jones, Applegate, or other cults that kill or commit suicide. Manson, learned early how to manipulate others, and he used this on his 'followers' Many believed he was the son of god, just as many believed Jim Jones, David Koresch, and a whole list of others, that they were the new prophet.

Manson is a person who used drugs and other enticements to get his followers, and others to do his bidding for a twisted scheme to take over the country.

#5    synge

synge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• such a perfect color for you

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:08 PM

reading your comments makes me change my opinion huh.gif

#6    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:19 PM

I think he's a sick, sick man who needs to be in a hospital, not prison.  I have differing opinions about his sentence though.  I heard somewhere that he didn't kill anyone and that he just made other people do it.  Should someone who just tells someone else to do it be sentenced to life in prison or death?  I really don't know.  David Koresh, he had sex with 12-year-old girls and thought he was Jesus.  he didn't really kill anyone until the ATF and FBI came around.  I believe he should've been arrested for the sexual assault and when they came for him, he gave everyone guns and told them to shoot to kill.  The government was wrong too with that because they threw gas and stuff into the compound where there were children and that.  It was too sad.  Manson, he's a sick puppy, but never killed anyone so he should've been placed in a hospital.  

#7    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:20 PM

Was he under some kind of mind controlling influence? No....he was just a twisted peice of human garbage that I'd like to see done away with sooner rather than later.

Exactly!!!

Mind control.....no!!.......taking advantage of the impressionable....yes!!!

You can start a cult easily, all you need is a charismatic leader that appears to have all the answers, a sense of community, and people who are less then educated who are searching for something in life and who will fall easily to any type of twisted in group morality.

Manson got to his followers at a point when they were weakest and captilized on that weakness, used his evil charisma to pull them out of the gutter, to only owe him a lifetime of debt for his support.

It was no act of genius and definetly didn't concern any powers other than ego!!

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#8    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:36 AM

the guy has cut a swastica into his forehead with a blunt knife, and you're questioning where he killed people or not?

#9    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:34 AM

I'm not defending Manson, but if I were to carve a swastika into my head and tell a group of people to go into a house and kill other people, does that make me guilty of murder?  Should I spend life in prison for that?  I didn't kill anyone.  Yes, I'm crazy, but I didn't kill anyone.  

#10    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:37 AM

There's some evidence that Manson did take part in the Sharon Tate murder. And he isn't crazy at all, everything he did was to make people think he was. What he is ,is a master manipulater...

#11    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:16 AM

I saw bits and pieces of Manson's parole hearing, he purposely messes it up every time. Probably because he knows he's never getting out, but also I think he has become attached to the prison he is afraid of today's society.

Imagen if he did get out though, there would be all kinds of wackos ready to do his bidding.....the same type of people that would wear Manson's image on T-shirts and stuff.....I think thats horrible.......not saying those people would kill, alot wear those shirts to express the opposite of what society holds true,a little rebellion is cool, but endorsing a sicko is entirely different!

Maybe those  Manson T-shirts are less the fashion anarchy and more bad taste......I dunno.........could never figure those T-shirts out......some-one explain for me dontgetit.gif  

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Posted Image

#12    NirmalaMaya

NirmalaMaya

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• Credo quia absurdum

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:40 AM

I agree that he was a master manipulator and probably highly intelligent.
He cut a swastika into his head..that doesnt mean he is a killer.
Even suggesting that because he cut a swazi into his head..he is a killer is silly and ignorant.

"Stay not your hand until you find the hidden mysteries that will transform you into a being of light so that you may inherit my kingdom"-The Pia Sofia

"Identity is for the insecure"-Pepsi

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."-Aleister Crowley

#13    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:14 AM

While it was never proven that Manson killed anyone, there is still a pending murder charge against him in the death of Short Shea, a ranch hand, and some time movie extra, at the ranch where the Manson cult was staying. Manson and Shorty went into the desert and only Manson returned. With a bloody sword. However, because Shorty's body was never found, (At that time. See below) Manson was not prosecuted with the crime.

The swastika, was a X that he carved into his forehead during his trial, his followers that were not under arrest, did the same. He later changed it to a swastika towards the end of the trial.  Again, his followers did likewise.

Under California Law, he did not need to be present or have committed a murder in order to be charged with the crime. If he instructed or in any way conspired with the others, he is just as guilty.  

I doubt that Manson could ever survive on the outside of prison. Up until his arrest in 68, he had already spent two-thirds of his life in correctional facilities.   Plus some wacko would feel that he is doing everyone a service by taking Manson out of this life.

Steve "Clem" Grogan
Convicted and jailed for his part in the murder of Spahn ranch hand, Donald "Shorty" Shea, although Shea’s body was never found.  In 1979, Grogan agreed to tell authorities the location of the body in exchange for parole.  Shea's remains were found and Grogan was paroled in 1986.  His present whereabouts are unknown.

I had to correct the above statement, as it seems that Shorty's body was found, or at least what they believe was Shorty. However, according to Parole hearing documents on Steve Grogan, asked if Manson was present at the killing, his reply was, " He had the cutlass the whole time, you make of it what you want"  
It still seems that there is a murder charge against Manson that is the  states ace in the hole. If Manson is ever released, he will immediatly be charged with Shea's murder to prevent him from returning to the streets.  (There is no statute of limitations for murder in California.)

Edited by stillcrazy, 24 May 2004 - 04:24 AM.

#14    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:07 AM

I actually did a book report on the Manson murder case files in high school . All I can say is he was and is a very sick individual .

There is nothing the man did not do during his time as a free man, and  society is a better place while he is behind bars .

#15    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

There is nothing the man did not do during his time as a free man, and society is a better place while he is behind bars .

So what about these T-shirts people wear with the Manson image......I still haven't figured out what thats all about.

I'd post a pic here for elucidation, as I'm in the habit of doing, but further endorsement of this nut job would be contradictory to what I hold true!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users