Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Charles Manson

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:47 AM

BTW Manson is guilty, and should never be let out

This is the undeniable truth regardless of his methods or the effectiveness there of!!!

user posted image

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#32    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:14 AM

I don't believe Charlie is mentally defective, he is a great manipulator to be sure, and that requires at least a few brain cells working together. It is well documented that he is capable of using his surroundings to his advantage, and is always watching for little things to exploit.

But the middle comment does apply. " Maybe dangerous to those around him"

What I find interesting about Manson, is that unlike Jones and Koresch, he did not start out as a 'religious cult'. That aspect evolved later after he left San Francisco. And he only used, to the best of my research, the Book of Revelations. Where as Jones and many many other religious cults us the bible in it's entirety to develop their following and teachings. But then Manson also used mind altering drugs, sex and other means to gather his flock.  

#33    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:44 AM

I don't believe Charlie is mentally defective, he is a great manipulator to be sure, and that requires at least a few brain cells working together. It is well documented that he is capable of using his surroundings to his advantage, and is always watching for little things to exploit.

I would have to say though that if you look at his goal, and then look at the manner in which he executed it (Manson) is nothing short of bumbling, where as a rational minded person with the same goal would have done it differently, so his method is that of a mental deffective.

The video clips I've seen of him confirm the idea of mental illness. Unless of course he was acting, then he would have the appearance of a mad genius, and as of yet I'm not ready to give him that classification of genius, the adjective 'mad' I'm partial to.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Posted Image

#34    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:26 AM

The video clips I've seen of him confirm the idea of mental illness.
I would have actually suggested a permanent drug induced semi-psychosis .

Genius he certainly wasn't, most cult leaders tend to do terribly at school and Charlie was no diferent .  He may well of had a heightened social intelligence . There are so many different areas of intelligence  . I scored terribly on social intelligence in an I.Q test once . Shamefull it was . mellow.gif  

#35    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:30 AM

I would have actually suggested a permanent drug induced semi-psychosis .

Yes this is true, and as with his followers. The combination of psychedelic drugs and the power of suggestion is an effective one....ask the U.S Army:)

He may well of had a heightened social intelligence . There are so many different areas of intelligence

I can understand this....he just excelled on a more abstract social level......Manson's area of intelligence could have been one comparable to a good salesman......but other influences either environmental or genetic twisted it.

Posted Image

#36    ladylisa

ladylisa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Damn straight!!!!!!

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:39 AM

Charles Manson is what we would call a habitual criminal his comfort zone is behind bars.This is due to the fact that the majority of his life he was imprissoned.Charlses belief that racial wars were imminent was partially due to the fact that although he never knew his father(due to his mothers prostitution) Charles was of mixed race himself part white and part black.Charles held little regard for his loose mother and very little regard for the weak father  that disgusted him.Therfore creating a subconcios hatred for mankind itself. Charlse Manson is a very depraved humanbeing who undoubtedly did have many answers or so it would seem for the lost connfussed youth of the times(as do all cult leaders)    An exellent book on the subject is helter skelter it is written  by the prosecutors and all of the hard evidence is spelled out in it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I am sorry if any information is wrong I last read the book 14 yrs ago although this post has given me an urge to try to locate a copy thanxs wacko.gif  

#37    AffinityForEvil

AffinityForEvil

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

• We got bombs, Happy Meals and grenades

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:18 AM

devil.gif  Manson had people do stuff for him. He gave them drugs and such so they would do stuff for him. He did partisipate in some of the murders so they coul convict him. manson was a good guy tho.

Only I can save you now!

#38    ladylisa

ladylisa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Damn straight!!!!!!

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Darklordxion666 @ Jul 3 2004, 02:18 PM)
devil.gif  Manson had people do stuff for him. He gave them drugs and such so they would do stuff for him. He did partisipate in some of the murders so they coul convict him. manson was a good guy tho.

ohmy.gif How ???????????????????????

#39    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

Charlie Manson was just a person who knew how to manipulate people well.

He posed as a hippy, but its been said that he hated them, he just used them for the murders he masterminded.

The man is one very, very sick individual and society is a better place with him behind bars .

How do you know society is any better while he is locked away.

For all we know if he was still free he could of Overdosed on something, commited suicide, been hit by a bus, thrown in an insane asylum, or have repented some how.

And he is an old man now, if he was let out now he wouldnt be able to do anything diabolical.

And even if he is running rampant around the USA, we here in Australia dont care.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#40    ladylisa

ladylisa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Damn straight!!!!!!

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Cradle of Fish @ Jul 5 2004, 12:41 AM)

And even if he is running rampant around the USA, we here in Australia dont care.

huh.gif  thats a bit harsh you know johny loves bush lol    but seiously some of us would care  

#41    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

Yeh some of you, but there is little reason to care.

The USA is hardly the center of the universe, even though they seem to make themselves out as it.

Sure madmen deserve to be locked up, but people rarely get what they deserve.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#42    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:19 AM

Sure madmen deserve to be locked up, but people rarely get what they deserve.

Now theres a good reason for letting madmen out of prison rolleyes.gif

#43    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:58 AM

Moe has been accused of madness. Does this mean he should be locked up ?

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#44    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:35 AM

Tis a sad day when I must reply,  I actually spent time thinking that over .

Kismit has a very good friend who suffers from what most people refer to as MPD but is apparently refered to as Dis-asociative disorder (SP?) She is not the kind of crazy you lock up . She is the kind of crazy you take to a party .

i shall say it was moronic to even compare.
wink2.gif

#45    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Darklordxion666 @ Jul 2 2004, 08:18 PM)
manson was a good guy tho.

I've never been one for one word replies in posts, but when I read this one the first thing that came to mind was:

WTF?

Do you even know who we are talking about? What he did? Did you catch on the the part about the murders or did that slip your attention? We are talking about Charles Manson, not Marilyn Manson...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users