Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is our perception of time speeding up?!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

View PostRosewin, on 08 October 2009 - 10:44 PM, said:

That is right Jerry. The universe is merely all of time and space combined. Outside of the universe there is no past, present, or future. That is why in theory once forgiven, truly forgiven, it is as if what you did wrong to hurt someone never occurred at all.

This is also why when you change one thing about yourself that is a real change you have changed yourself for all time. The older person no longer exists and if you were to leave this universe in the current condition it would be as if that older person never existed at all.

Makes sense, but if we changed something about ourself, how is that possible in one moment in time? That would imply that there's a past and present. I'll choose to ignore it for now, no headaches today.  :wacko:

*EDIT* - okay, I lied; still thinking about it. I get what you're saying. If you change, the old you ceases to exist; and it's as if he/she never existed at all.

I've also been playing around with the idea that maybe all past is made up in our head, all our memories. All of it, 10 years ago, or 2 seconds ago. In this out there theory, it really is only one moment, and the feeling of moving forward and looking back is an illusion created by our brain. And the future will never happen, another illusion. Ok, now I'm serious, no more today, I feel a headache coming on...

Edited by Jerry Only, 08 October 2009 - 11:23 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users