Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Precolombian Airplane Models

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1    Dimension_X

Dimension_X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• "You can never plan the future by the past."

Edmund Burke

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:07 AM

Is the concept of an airplane limited to Egypt? That doesn't seem to be the case. Gold trinkets were found in an area covering Central America and coastal areas of South America, estimated to belong to a period between 500 and 800 CE, but since they are made from gold, accurate dating is impossible and based essentially on stratigraphy which may be deceptive. However, we can safely say that these gold objects are more than 1000 years old.

Posted Image

What do you think? More at world-mysteries.com

The experiences associated with death were seen as visits to important dimensions of reality that deserved to be experienced, studied, and carefully mapped.

Stanislav Grof

Posted Image

#2    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

View PostDimension_X, on 09 October 2009 - 10:07 AM, said:

Is the concept of an airplane limited to Egypt? That doesn't seem to be the case. Gold trinkets were found in an area covering Central America and coastal areas of South America, estimated to belong to a period between 500 and 800 CE, but since they are made from gold, accurate dating is impossible and based essentially on stratigraphy which may be deceptive. However, we can safely say that these gold objects are more than 1000 years old.

Posted Image

It is a massive and illogical jump to assume that either are aeroplanes.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

View PostMattshark, on 09 October 2009 - 02:08 PM, said:

It is a massive and illogical jump to assume that either are aeroplanes.

Since when is the fringe about logic?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,162 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Thought those were flying fish or rays?

Also thought that we already had several threads about this?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 09 October 2009 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thought those were flying fish or rays?

Or something the artist created after an overdose of Coca leaves.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,162 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 09 October 2009 - 02:25 PM, said:

Or something the artist created after an overdose of Coca leaves.

Even better.  :D

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#7    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

A JET FROM ANCIENT SOUTH AMERICA

Photos in this section show the “airplanes” and the very airworthy mockup of the artifacts constructed by two aeronautical engineers and flown with remote control. The story:

"In 1954 the government of Colombia sent part of its collection of ancient gold artifacts on a U. S. tour.

Emmanuel Staubs, one of America's leading jewelers, was commissioned to cast reproductions of six of the objects.

Fifteen years later one was given to biologist-zoologist Ivan T. Sanderson for analysis. After a thorough examination and consulting a number of experts, Sanderson's mind-boggling conclusion was that the object is a model of a high-speed aircraft at least a thousand years old.

Approximately 2 inches long the object was worn as a pend ant on a neck chain. It was classified as Sinu, a pre-Inca culture from A.D. 500 to 800.

Both Sanderson and Dr. Arthur Poyslee of the Aeronautical Institute of New York concluded it did not represent any known winged animal.

In fact, the little artifact appears more mechanical than biological. For example, the front wings are delta-shaped and rigidly straight edged, very un-animal-like.

The rudder is perhaps the most un-animal but airplane-like item. It is right-triangle, flat-surfaced, and rigidly perpendicular to the wings. Only fish have upright tail fins, but none have exclusively an upright flange without a counter-balancing lower one.

Adding to the mystery, an insignia appears on the left face of the rudder, precisely where ID marks appear on many airplanes today.

The insignia is perhaps as out-of place as the gold model itself, for it has been identified as the Aramaic or early Hebrew letter beth or B.

This may indicate that the original plane did not come from Colombia, but was the product of a very early people inhabiting the Middle East who knew the secret of flying.

Subjecting the Objects to Flight Tests

In 1997, two Germans, Algund Eenboom and Peter Belting, put the theory to the test. (pictured)

Eenboom centered his research on historical evidence and concluded the "wings" of all insects are attached at the top of the corpus, not at the bottom, and that all Incan artifacts except these few suspected "planes" were made correctly.

Belting made a model plane, first with a propeller, afterwards with a jet engine. Whereas the first has to be launched by hand, the jet engine one was also equipped with landing gear.

At the recent Ancient Astronaut Society World Conference in Orlando, Florida, the two researchers showed extensive footage of their model planes.

The propeller-powered plane flew perfectly stable. But the crowd almost gave a standing ovation for the jet-engine model plane. With an impeccable take-off, flight and landing -- and an exact match to the model found in the Inca grave -- the model is truly an airplane.

Eenboom and Belting gave a live demonstration in a parking lot of the Florida Mall in Orlando, in case anyone would still doubt it after the videos...... Michael Lindemann, Editor, CNI News

http://s8int.com/phile/page54.html

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#8    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

View PostDimension_X, on 09 October 2009 - 10:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Rays in the ocean.  Really close to the supposed airplanes

http://www.aquarticl... Manta rays.jpg

#9    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

Close?  Not even in the ballpark.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

#10    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

View PostQoais, on 09 October 2009 - 03:19 PM, said:

Close?  Not even in the ballpark.

As close as the "object" is to an airplane..which with that funny gap that looks like a mouth could never have worked as such.

about me

#11    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

For heaven's sake.  It probably isn't an exact replica.  It was a piece of jewelery.  I'm sure if I work a pendant around my neck of a car with a "shark-tooth" bumper on it, no one would expect it, in a 1000 years, to actually run and they'd wonder what the shark's teeth were for. Decoration.

If you'd have linked to the article, you'd find that the nose folds under, therefore the gap.

Edited by Qoais, 09 October 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#12    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

View PostQoais, on 09 October 2009 - 03:24 PM, said:

For heaven's sake.  It probably isn't an exact replica.  

Which then also applies for a manta, or a long nosed bloke or.... (fill in the blanks)

about me

#13    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

Mantas don't have a 3 piece tail fin, especially one sticking upwards.

#14    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

View PostQoais, on 09 October 2009 - 03:30 PM, said:

Mantas don't have a 3 piece tail fin, especially one sticking upwards.

Planes don't have gaps that look like mouths ... so your point was?

about me

#15    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,214 posts

• Question everything

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

View PostQoais, on 09 October 2009 - 02:58 PM, said:

In fact, the little artifact appears more mechanical than biological. For example, the front wings are delta-shaped and rigidly straight edged, very un-animal-like.

The rudder is perhaps the most un-animal but airplane-like item. It is right-triangle, flat-surfaced, and rigidly perpendicular to the wings. Only fish have upright tail fins, but none have exclusively an upright flange without a counter-balancing lower one.

Side views of the guitarfish I brought up in the other thresd:

http://www.arkive.or...Large/photo.jpg

http://www.cac.es/oc...ontentId=109670

Kind of puts the lie to that, doesn't it?

Shorten the tail by about a foot and what have you got?

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users