Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Multiple Universes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:19 AM

Could the universe exist if there was no conciousness to observe it?

It would still exist for sure.....just as nature would still exist if there was no humans left here on earth.

The tree that falls in the woods when no-one is around still makes noise.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#17    The Gryphon

The Gryphon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• There are no such things as accidents, only plans that others have made and failed to tell you about!!

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (eric77 @ May 26 2004, 01:13 AM)
The thing is, if the universe branches, everything would have to be copied because small choices have big effects. What is copying it? And what role does the concious observer play in this? Could the universe exist if there was no conciousness to observe it?

I think it would do, I think we're just another little part in this Cosmos. I'm not sure I follow you eric on the reasoning that everything would have to be copied? Are we talking the physical universe or are you bringing timeline and events into the matter?

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever
remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-- Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of the Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users