Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 28 votes

Resident Evil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10257 replies to this topic

#1    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:49 PM

Okay, so without being bigheaded, or just a plain old geek, i do consider myself one of Resident Evils TOP fans. I own so many copies of ALL the games it's astounding. I can quote any line from the terrible scripts, i can play them through blindfolded.

i'm just posting this here because i wanted to know if anyone else on the site was a RE fan, and if so, what are your favourite bits from the franchise? Are you looking forward to the new upcoming movie AND game? Need some help? look no further!!  cool.gif

"You want STARS?
I'll give you STARS!!"

#2    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

res evil is a great series.

my personal favorites are 2-3, although dead aim wasnt too bad.

but the movies have to be my favorite of the series...can't wait for R.E.A.

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#3    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:06 AM

DEAD AIM!?

Are you NUTS boy?

Let me tell you what i think about Dead Aim. I rushed out to get this, i really did. I thought it would be a masterpiece.
Unfortunately, i was wrong. The story was the worst gargled piece of garbage that didn't even make sense, let alone fit into the Resident Evil universe. The movement was crap, hell the GRPAHICS were crap!! I wa so dissapointed i wanted to cry let me tell ya. ALMOST as bad as RE: Survivor, the first first-person Res. game. God, SOOOOOOOO bad!!

My fav was actually the Remake of Resident Evil 1 on the Gamecube. Immaculate. The characters movement, the enemies, the shooting, the graphics, the creepyfactor, etc etc, immaculate. It's so damn realistic.  

#4    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:11 AM

i said it's not too bad...not "it's f***ing great you shoud go but it!" damn calm down. i just meant it's fun to some extent. sheesh...i never played the remake (mainly 'cause i HATE nintendo). gramps...

Edited by janielsenj666, 26 May 2004 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#5    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:18 AM

heheh. Just saying.
Anyway, trust me, the Remake on the Gamecube, and Resident Evil Zero also Gamecube, are by far the best ones. That's not including Resident Evil 4 which is hitting the Gamecube in the fall. That one is beyond words. You can't hate Nintendo games simply because it's Nintendo. Most games come out on all platforms. Some however, are just to good for Playstation, and come out on more advanced machines. Playstation 2 simply can't support the remake, Zero and RE 4, they're to advanced.

#6    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

what the hell do you mean they are too advanced?!?!?!?!?!

playstation2's can handle anything and everything the crappy GC has/will realise...i mean the ps2 can even play DVD'S the GC can't even play music...GC's suck. end of story

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#7    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:33 AM

hahaha.
That's just it mate. i HAVE a PS2, not a Gamecube.
The thing is, the reason why the Remake, Zero AND RE4 are coming out on the gamecube is simply because the PS2 can't handle the graphics and gameplay. It can't, and i will defend my beloved PS2 to the death. But Gamecube is simply better. PS2 CAN'T do anything, it's graphics are indeed quite poor compared to what the Gamecube can handle. Obviously you haven't seen the Remake or Zero etc because then you'll realise what i'm saying.  

#8    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:34 AM

disgust.gif ass...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#9    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:37 AM

Back to Resident Evil.

I'm a little unsure about the next movie. Maily because it's set entirely on the game, Resident Evil 3, but in the game Jill and Carlos obviously never ran into Alice, yet in the movie they are constant comrades. :S

#10    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

LOL i've noticed that too. exept for the hollywood tweeks it should be a solid movie

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#11    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

Of course it will be. I just hate inconsistencies and plot errors.

Can't WAIT to see the Nemesis tho!!

#12    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:44 AM

The thing is, the reason why the Remake, Zero AND RE4 are coming out on the gamecube is simply because the PS2 can't handle the graphics and gameplay. It can't, and i will defend my beloved PS2 to the death. But Gamecube is simply better. PS2 CAN'T do anything, it's graphics are indeed quite poor compared to what the Gamecube can handle. Obviously you haven't seen the Remake or Zero etc because then you'll realise what i'm saying.

huh.gif Strange, I could have sworn the remake and zero were GC only due to the fact that Nintendo bought an exclusive contract with Capcom for them. Ahh, and what about the GC versions of 2 and 3? Truely pioneering works of the consoles graphic abilities.  grin2.gif

As for the movie, I was rather disappointed that it wasn't so much survival horror as sci-fi killer computer. sad.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#13    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:54 AM

..."Barry! Where's Barry?".. tongue.gif  

#14    fulltimekiller

fulltimekiller

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:47 PM

Im a resident evil FAN!!!!! i cant wait till the next movie comes out
i stumble across to some site it say it should be out in around september.
i think its called resident evil acoplypse(spelling might be wrong) I think you can find the site by typing resident evil 2 movie or something i think thats what i typed. blink.gif  

#15    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

My one niggle with the otherwise wonderful Resi games has been the voice acting.

Yes, the scripts are pretty bloody poor, but the voice acting is sub-junior-school-nativity-play levels.  I just cannot believe the game producers, after all that effort put into the games, allowed such atmosphere-ruining tripe to detract from their otherwise superb work.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image