Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 28 votes

Resident Evil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10257 replies to this topic

#10216    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:44 AM

I haven't played RE5 in awhile. I'm not really that interested in it anymore. The series has lost its magic as far as I'm concerned. I'm honestly more excited about the next RE movie than I am about the next game.

Versus mode looked like boring garbage from what I saw of it. I can't see the controls for this game translating into a competent online component. I wouldn't spend any extra money on something that was already on the game disc in the first place, anyway. I was kind of pissed when I saw that Capcom was charging for that, regardless of my interest in the mode.

Shame you didn't get a 360 Burns. We could've kicked some *** online together, haha. I imagine I'll be picking myself up a PS3 next year since they're fairly affordable now, however.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#10217    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

View PostRhungobains, on 10 October 2009 - 05:00 PM, said:

Obviously a giant mutant snake, dissolving into a pool of purple bubbling liquid does nothing to impress Barry...

LOL.  :rofl:

*Barry* - huh, look at that a giant snake dissolving into smoking blood. i'm here to talk to Jill though.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#10218    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,086 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

View PostRhungobains, on 11 October 2009 - 03:41 PM, said:

I take it you know of the RE5 - Alternate Edition coming out next year?

Don't know much about it other than it's set in spencers mansion.

News to me. :tu:

I wonder how they're going to fit the Spencer Mansion and the new format together? I don't imagine there'd be a lot of playing time involved in running around and screaming with an arsenal of weapons, kicking doors down and blowing up anything that gets in your way. You'd be in and out in a matter of minutes.

View PostBurnSide, on 11 October 2009 - 03:41 PM, said:

I wouldn't say it's really worth it, unless you reaaally want to play multiplayer online.

View PostShakezulah, on 12 October 2009 - 03:44 AM, said:

Versus mode looked like boring garbage from what I saw of it.

That's a shame; I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

#10219    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Don't let our opinion of it change yours.

Hrmm, that's first i've heard of 'alternate edition' RE5. I'll keep an eye on it.
I was wondering if you had a PS3 Shake. I really have to get my hands on a 360 one day soon though. I missed out on Left 4 Dead hardcore, no way i'm gonna miss L4D2.

#10220    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

L4D2 is going to be incredible. I do need to get myself a new 360 though. Mine's been busted since early August, and to keep it working, it's literally been on for a month straight, lol. Good thing they're pretty cheap these days.

Posted Image

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#10221    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

I think a second hand Arcade at Microplay here goes for as little as 130-150.

#10222    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,086 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

If you're thinking about getting a 360 any time soon then definitely keep your eye out for deals. There's been a recent series of price cuts on all the major consoles and Microsoft's been offering rebates in addition to that, and with the holiday season coming up I'll be surprised if there isn't a tug of war between Microsoft and Sony.

#10223    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:45 AM

I think Microsoft's Elite rebate ended a week or so ago.

I wouldn't bother getting an Arcade unless you already have a hard drive. You'll still end up spending about as much as an Elite costs anyway. If you can find a used Elite for 200, that would be a great deal.

Posted Image

#10224    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

I do have an external HD. It's only 20 gigs or so but enough for what I want the 360 for. L4D 1&2.

Hey so the new movie went into filming. Woo.. hoo? lol

#10225    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

I'm excited for it. I'm curious to see how Wentworth Miller will handle playing Chris. It's an interesting choice. Hopefully they make good use of the 3D, too.

Also, I'm downloading the L4D2 demo right now. I'm all giddy for it, haha.

Posted Image

#10226    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Doesn't really matter what characters from the games they throw in their or how they're portrayed really. They were all turned from unique enough characters in the games into B-acting throwbacks in the movies. Not to mention they took the story so far in the other direction in the movies that any characters popping up is just to try and keep something connected to the roots.

And I freakin hate you.

#10227    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

That's mostly true. But I still find the story arc of the films to be far more entertaining than the current story of the games. They both have one thing in common: they're both so totally disconnected from what originally made the series great that it doesn't really matter what they do anymore. I just think it's easier for the movies to get away with it since, being game-movies and all, they don't have much to prove in the first place.

And L4D2 is pretty sweet from what little there is to do in the demo.

Posted Image

#10228    Matt121

Matt121

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:14 AM

I'm a fan of the main series of games I also consider code veronica to be a part of the regular series, it was originally going to be called number 4. I love Resident Evil 4 but it doesn't have the same replay value of the previous games really I don't like all the babysitting you have to do with the the girl. That is why I haven't bought Resident Evil 5, maybe I'm just tired of the franchise

#10229    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hey did anybody watch Degeneration?

Jesus what a piece of crap. Still though, it was a nice cannon piece to add to the whole thing.

#10230    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

Far from being a piece of crap. It wasn't perfect but it was definitely enjoyable. I liked how it set up RE5 a bit.

Posted Image