Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#16    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

PhenomInvestigator, on 03 November 2009 - 05:37 AM, said:

There is a working theory that apparitions are telepathic hallucinations produced by the person whose apparition is experienced and the person experiencing the apparition. If this is correct, might it be that some experiences of shadow people might be the first stage in the visual apparitional production before the apparition takes shape? Apparitions often seem to occupy space from the perspective of the person witnessing the apparition. Perhaps, before the image forms, the percipient actually blacks that area out of their normal perception to make way for the new image. If this process is interrupted for whatever reason, you would wind up with something that would indeed resemble a shadow person as often described. Notably this suggests that may be nothing inherently "negative" in such phenomena, simply something that failed to manifest.

This of course is only meaningful if more conventional visual perception errors have already been successfully ruled out.

while this is an excellent explaination and I like your explainations here, welcome your contributions and enjoy reading them, what about when two or more people experience the same sensations and visions?  One case I mentioned further up is that my wife and I encountered the same manifestation, had the same emotional response to it and, aside from small differences, had the exact same impressions of it......I'm not saying your explaination is not correct, but I'm genuinely curious about what you think on this matter?

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#17    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Interterrestrial Being

• 5,650 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:21 AM

what about when two or more people experience the same sensations and visions? One case I mentioned further up is that my wife and I encountered the same manifestation, had the same emotional response to it and, aside from small differences, had the exact same impressions of it.....
I realize this wasn't addressed to me, but I have had an idea on this for a while. For lack of a better term, I have been referring to my idea as "psychic resonance", where basically one person experiences/perceives something, and the other person, while maybe not initially having this sighting, is influenced and made to see the same thing by some as-yet-unguessed-at facility of the person they're with, some sort of psychic reverberation basically "reflected" or "beamed" to them like a satellite signal that anybody can pic up with the right "equipment", so basically one person's perceptions can be projected, with a proper initial stimulus.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#18    123er

123er

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

i hate it when people hide in shadows it's annoying.

#19    DeLira73

DeLira73

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

Drago, on 02 November 2009 - 03:28 PM, said:

You know, your story is pretty much a straight-out-of-the-textbook example of sleep paralysis.  Sleep paralysis is an occurrence during REM sleep.  During REM sleep, the mind purposefully prevents the body from moving, so you don't mimic the movements and actions of your dreams.  Occasionally it's possible to go straight from this state to full consciousness, which leaves the afflicted person wide awake, but with no control of their body at all.  Hallucinations, called hypnagogic hallucinations ('Succubi,' demonic creatures, the 'Old Hag', shadow people, and smoky orbs,) are very common during this, often standing over the person or sitting or laying on top of them, whispering to them in such a way that they can't be understood, and preventing them from breathing and causing a hard panic that usually breaks the hallucination and the paralysis.
I am aware of sleep paralysis, but this is to a higher degree, I am one who experiences bouts of sleep paralysis, which bring no dreadful emotions, and the coldness I feel. These strange orbs I have seen when fully awake, but they come more in the night.
Normally in a period of sleep paralysis, I can talk my way through it, no fear associated, since these come a semi frequently. Sleep paralysis is more of an annoyance.

#20    maximaldecimal

maximaldecimal

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

• Just cuz I'm schitzo doesn't make me nuts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Paranormalcy, on 03 November 2009 - 07:21 AM, said:

I realize this wasn't addressed to me, but I have had an idea on this for a while. For lack of a better term, I have been referring to my idea as "psychic resonance", where basically one person experiences/perceives something, and the other person, while maybe not initially having this sighting, is influenced and made to see the same thing by some as-yet-unguessed-at facility of the person they're with, some sort of psychic reverberation basically "reflected" or "beamed" to them like a satellite signal that anybody can pic up with the right "equipment", so basically one person's perceptions can be projected, with a proper initial stimulus.

This "phsychic resonance" seems to me to be a function of a collective subconcious of sorts, fascinating hypothesis.

Edited by maximaldecimal, 03 November 2009 - 07:33 PM.

I am nothing, I am infinite, I am one.

#21    mataroki

mataroki

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

• someday ill wake up from this beutiful melody and find myself in that cold desolate place known as reality...
    -mataroki

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

actually,i think shadow people (a.k.a. free willed shadows :o )
might be people who got trapped between earth and another plain,not whole,but still there,thus,free moving shadow ppls!
thats what i think ^^

"someday ill wake up from this beutiful melody and find myself in that cold desolate place known as reality"
Children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, "Take only one, God is watching." At the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. Moving through the line a boy wrote another note to leave by the cookies, "Take all you want, God is watching the apples."

#22    StoneColdVampy

StoneColdVampy

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

Since a few months i have been seeing shadow people as well. Aspecially at work. there is on room i am used to see shadows when i am al alone and there is a high feeling of pressure and fear in that room that makes you wanna get out of there . Bu more recently i have been able to hear it as well . Could this be a sign of it getting stronger ? And as for Delira73 it could be sleep paralazys but i have heard stories and seen on tv when a kid got beaten up by s shadow as he was getting ready to go to bed. And it was in a News report not some documentary that would fake things.

#23    StoneColdVampy

StoneColdVampy

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:42 AM

Since a few months i have been seeing shadow people as well. Aspecially at work. there is on room i am used to see shadows when i am al alone and there is a high feeling of pressure and fear in that room that makes you wanna get out of there . Bu more recently i have been able to hear it as well . Could this be a sign of it getting stronger ? And as for Delira73 it could be sleep paralazys but i have heard stories and seen on tv when a kid got beaten up by s shadow as he was getting ready to go to bed. And it was in a News report not some documentary that would fake things.

#24    Asphodel

Asphodel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

• "I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!" -Lestat de Lioncourt ;-)

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

I saw one once in my home. He seemed fairly physical, since he pushed open my door (it was cracked) and made noise down the steps. My mom experienced the noise on the steps also, but I was the one who saw him in the corner of my room. I crapped bricks and he ran out of my room, through my living room and kitchen, down the stairs, and walked back up them again. Eh. It was creepy. I'm for the whole dimensional explanation, truthfully. They're definitely different from "ghosts".

EDIT: I was fully awake when this happened, in my bedroom. No hallucinations or sleep paralysis.

Edited by Asphodel, 07 November 2009 - 09:47 AM.

Asphodelus ramosus
-White Asphodel-
-Food For The Dead-

~Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me~

#25    DeLira73

DeLira73

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

I didnt start seeing things until like 5 years ago, prior to that, my experience with sleep paralysis , I have dealt with all my life. Its just another mystery of my life I probably won't know until after death. :?

Edited by DeLira73, 07 November 2009 - 10:54 AM.

#26    MasterAdam

MasterAdam

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

I saw them all the time when I was a kid. I would leave my bedroom door open and you could see clear into the dark kitchen. He would always be near the sink.

#27    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:19 AM

anyone ever heard one of these beings make a chittering noise?

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#28    maximaldecimal

maximaldecimal

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

• Just cuz I'm schitzo doesn't make me nuts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

tinieblas, on 14 November 2009 - 06:19 AM, said:

anyone ever heard one of these beings make a chittering noise?

Reminds me of a short story by Clive Barker The Yattering and Jack.  The creature in the story never made a chittering noise but The name of the creature made me think it would.  It was made into an episode of Tales from the Darkside.  Its about a man being tormented by a demon. In the story the man does everything he can to ignore it and explain it away infuriating the tormentor to no end.

I am nothing, I am infinite, I am one.

#29    Harakuro

Harakuro

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

• The unknown is to be known, and what is to be known will be known to me.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:17 AM

At one point last summer, me and a few friends went to a popular tourist attraction place, after midnight everynight. It is at the beach, and there is a 2 KM board walk bridge. One of my friend is very high sensitive to his environment. He can see Auras and he can also see things most humans can't. I.e. spirits, ghost, wtv you wanna call em.

Now we always went there after dark and walk the whole bridge just for exercises after i was done work at midnight.
However, every time we went, he said that the bridge was crowed with people, people that were just standing there, walking, but the thing is, no one was with us. He said that these people were not aware of our presence. But at one point of the bridge next to a swamp, there was something that we could all see. A shadowy person with a silhouette, and a hat. All black. (of course, it's a shadow) At the time I had read a bit on them, I have been a Paranormal investigator for 2 years.

I knew that they were being that created fear, so I classified them as potential Danger. Everyone of us, was scared. And I was concerned.

Another thing my friend was able to see is an aura of light around the bridge, making it impossible for a reason or another for the Shadow people to come on to it.

All it can be said is, I can't be sure that there was other beings on the bridge that were just fragments of another time, I have no proof for it myself. I don't know whether or not there was a protective aura on that bridge, i haven't seen it myself. But I can say, we all saw those shadow people.

According to my Friend, every time we went to my car, there would be one sitting on the passenger seat, and when we approached the car, it would disappear.

What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere.

#30    varanus

varanus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Paranoia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users