Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61    Meiliken

Meiliken

Repository of human knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

• How good can good men be if good men do nothing?

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

While all of the theories on this thread could be explanations, I feel I must put another in.  Seeing shadow people or shadow creatures has been linked to schizophrenia.  Before one looks to put a supernatural spin on something, if one is seeing these things, they should get themselves checked out first.  At least for safety sake.  The possibility of it being supernatural could be the case, but better to be certain of natural occurences first.

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself
Sir Richard Francis Burton

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance
Hippocrates

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.
David Hume

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Aldous Huxley

#62    XLR8

XLR8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm only chiming in to testify that Shadow People are real. This is not to say that evryone who thinks they see one are indeed seeing one, but for the most part most that do see one are indeed seeing one.

#63    XLR8

XLR8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostMeiliken, on 28 April 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

While all of the theories on this thread could be explanations, I feel I must put another in.  Seeing shadow people or shadow creatures has been linked to schizophrenia.  Before one looks to put a supernatural spin on something, if one is seeing these things, they should get themselves checked out first.  At least for safety sake.  The possibility of it being supernatural could be the case, but better to be certain of natural occurences first.

I agree with you 100%. But, I have conducted controled experiments in controlled areas of saturation, and I know for a fact they are real.
Now as far as if every sighting is real, I would say that your summery holds very true. I once had a very dear friend who kept telling me that someone was behind him at work all of the time watching him work. My friend was blind and his basis for such beliefs were nothing more than a gut feeling. I had a sighted friend who worked within ten feet of my blind friend and he told me that there was indeed no person in the work area exept them two at all times. When I informed my blind friend of the reality that there was never a third person in the room he told me that I was wrong. He would not even listen to his co-worker on the matter. Within two years my friend developed into a full blown diagnosed schizo. His life went to hell in a hand basket and he became so far moved from reality that no one could explain reality to him. Within six months he hung himself.

Off topic? No. Some people see things (and believe it) that are not really there as Meiliken points out.

(edit due to typo)

Edited by XLR8, 28 April 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#64    blackcat88

blackcat88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• always treat other's how u would like to be treated in return

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

i seen a shadow person standing next to our hallway wall. afew weeks later my great uncle passed.
just a few nights after my mom passed i seen her standing outside her bedroom door..she was happy and healthy and standing.
b4 she passed she was in a wheelchair with only her right leg.hadn't seen her since.i will always remember the glow she had around her when i seen her.she was smiling so i guess she loved the ultrasound pic i put in her hands.she seen the pic b4 she passed and she was sooo happy to be a 1st time grandma. we have a dark shadow dog running around that moved with us from s.c. to calif.

#65    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Do you guys think maybe that they could just be appearing in the corners of your eyes and only in your perepheral vision to work your Nerves, I mean they could be melevolent entities and that could be the extent of what there capable of doing on this plane of existence, I mean that is of course if they are inter dimensional biengs. Just a thought

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#66    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

By the way Meiliken  your avatar Is KICKASS!!!!!

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#67    issues

issues

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

View Postblackcat88, on 03 July 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

i seen a shadow person standing next to our hallway wall. afew weeks later my great uncle passed.
just a few nights after my mom passed i seen her standing outside her bedroom door..she was happy and healthy and standing.
b4 she passed she was in a wheelchair with only her right leg.hadn't seen her since.i will always remember the glow she had around her when i seen her.she was smiling so i guess she loved the ultrasound pic i put in her hands.she seen the pic b4 she passed and she was sooo happy to be a 1st time grandma. we have a dark shadow dog running around that moved with us from s.c. to calif.

Years ago I lived in a shed in the backyard of my house & rented rooms out to friends to help with the mortgage.I had quite a few "incidences" before this story but won't tell them now.My girlfriend & I went to bed & her son was staying in the house in a spare room for the night.I woke in the morning to find the son in bed with us.When I asked he said that while he was in the lounge room he could see a silhouette of a man at the door watching him but when he turned to look no one was there.After this happened a few times he left the house & came out back with us.He would never stay at my house after dark again.A week later his mother saw the silhouette at the end of our bed.I saw it too & told it to go away,that it didn't belong here.Never saw it again.

#68    Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Thinkbeforeyoucomment

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostHara, on 29 October 2009 - 01:46 AM, said:

This may be rude but i myself have seen these figures, but i couldnt see them until i died when i was little. They dont look like the normal things my family members were use to seeing. So i have to ask did you ever die? Do they ever look at you when they see that you notice them? Are they fallowing a person around?

wait. did you die and come back to life? or are you a ghost. cause they may be either angels or demons, trying to get you to go back

#69    PrincePetropia

PrincePetropia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

The Shadow People have been spotted several times in recent years. While some have spotted them only once in a lifetime, there are people who see them all the time (you aren't alone Frankie Jr!). There are a lot of theories as to who they are, some say they are interdimensional beings, while others call them time traveller from our future. Some call them demons and some even ghosts. You can see my blog post for a fantastic article on the shadow people here: http://allaboutoccul...dow-people.html. You can also start a discussion on the shadow people on my blog using the comment section after the post.

Hi, I am Prince Petropia- the owner of an exciting paranormal and occult blog named All About Occult. My blog All About Occult is "A paranormal blog about mysterious Urban Legends, Parapsychology, Occult Religions and the most Haunted Locations to send shivers down your spine." Visit All About Occult right now here: http://allaboutoccult.com/

#70    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Just gonna throw a theory out there;

These entities could be from a different dimension than ours and its because of this is why those who have encountered them have apparently contracted physiological and psychological conditions due to some-kind-of side-effect caused by...Eh...Something...Uh...Don't know what the word is...Well its basically an effect an entity has on those of the dimension it does not originate from when present in that dimension(the one it doesn't originate from)

Its very complicated. An that which I don't know, leave much to be desired.

#71    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 18 October 2010 - 12:54 AM, said:

Has anyone here heard of 'The Jinn'. You can Google it. The Jinn are also in Wikipedia.

#72    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

The jinn come from the middl east.  Demons or spirits of particularly bad dispositions.  

I don't see how this has anything to do with Shadow people.

#73    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

As for Shadow people, I've seen my share of them.  Many times, although usually at night, I have seen them. Call them what you will, as I'm sure in each individual case, the individual seeing may be right about who/what they are. In my experiences, they are things you really don't want to see. Let alone deal with. They can cause misfortune, sickness and all around bad luck. Never have I ever received a "good" vibe from these entities. The friends I have that have seen them as well, have also described a "bad" vibe about them. If you see them once in a while and don't get a "bad" vibe, I think you'll be okay. On the other hand, you may want to do some research on how to protect yourself as best you can.

#74    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postfluw, on 23 October 2009 - 05:32 PM, said:

Could you draw what you think they look like? I think it would help.
So far, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about it. If you say that you only saw "them" but the corner of your eye, them it could simply just be an illusion (like Spend said). That would be logic, but I know, by experience, that it's not because something is logic that it is true. I'd like more details of your stories (and other people's as well), so we can really find what is really happening.
So far, I'd say that there's a 70% chance it's just an illusion, 25% chance it is "shadow people", and 5% chance it has anything to do with your father's mental illness (that you could have inherit).
I think you hit the nail on the head. There is more that is going on in that house and or family.

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#75    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Sounds like the description of the demons in the "Ghost" movie staring Patrick Swaze, you know, they came when a bad person died and drug them off to hell?

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users