Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

6 year old talks about end of the world

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:12 AM

Well it definitely sounds like she has an active imagination and should be encouraged to engage herself within it. So many children have their imaginations squashed. Perhaps she is just making all this up on her own as imaginative kids are apt to do. Maybe one day she will write a book about this book lol

#77    Golden Hawk

Golden Hawk

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• History is where you confuse the long since deceased
    And irritate the h**l out of the living.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:45 AM

View PostSylent Nyte, on 24 October 2009 - 07:34 AM, said:

the second being that she has had a premonition and that she is about to be very famous in a world of the dead.

Please tell us you would not tell a child that :angry2: .  

We're talking about a very serious event in this childs life.

[/font] Golden Hawk

#78    Golden Hawk

Golden Hawk

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• History is where you confuse the long since deceased
    And irritate the h**l out of the living.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:12 AM

:unsure2:

View PostMr. ET, on 28 November 2009 - 09:58 PM, said:

This happens alot she probably is just getting all this stuff from her friends that perhaps got it from there parents or tv. This kind of stuff happens alot.

Bingo!  I was wondering if any of you would consider the young sister's friends and classmates.

The young sister needs the counseling, but my primary concern is not just where and when she started this dooms day story, but WHO did she get it from in the first place?  You mentioned the fact that the "book" was found in an area that is off limits to the students.  Something happened at or near the off limits area.  

I hate to think of it but could she have been attacked, not necessarily physically, but mentally :( ?

The information you give us is as detailed as anyone would hope for.  But!  There are too many gaps in her stories that have not been explained or explored.

1)  Why was she in the out-of-bounds area?
2)  Was there anyone else with her?
3)  Have any of her classmates (same age and older students) been questioned?
4)  Have any other students mentioned this "invisible book"?
5)  Have any other students talked about the "invisible book" or your sisters change in attitude?
6)  Has anyone made an appointment to have her physically checked by her doctor?
7)  Have any other students; not just those in her immediate class; been having the same ideas?

Her withdrawl has the under tones of something worse than just an active imagination.  There seems to be the influence of someone older that your family and the teachers are not aware of.  Don't wait weeks to have her checked by a counsler, get her to your doctor ASAP, please!!

[/font] Golden Hawk

#79    Amariel

Amariel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak - sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

View PostGolden Hawk, on 05 December 2009 - 06:12 AM, said:

The information you give us is as detailed as anyone would hope for.  But!  There are too many gaps in her stories that have not been explained or explored.

1)  Why was she in the out-of-bounds area?
2)  Was there anyone else with her?
3)  Have any of her classmates (same age and older students) been questioned?
4)  Have any other students mentioned this "invisible book"?
5)  Have any other students talked about the "invisible book" or your sisters change in attitude?
6)  Has anyone made an appointment to have her physically checked by her doctor?
7)  Have any other students; not just those in her immediate class; been having the same ideas?

Her withdrawl has the under tones of something worse than just an active imagination.  There seems to be the influence of someone older that your family and the teachers are not aware of.  Don't wait weeks to have her checked by a counsler, get her to your doctor ASAP, please!!

I thought I'd answer these questions just to give a bit more detail, maybe a better understanding of the situation?
Firstly, the out of bounds area is at the back of the oval where the ground slopes downwards towards a high fence that separates the school from the houses in the next street. It's not out of bounds because it's dangerous - it's out of bounds because the teachers can't keep an eye on students playing down there as well as the students on the oval. The space isn't very big, and even when I was my sister's age and going to the same school we used to play down there frequently although mostly after or before school when the teachers weren't constantly watching our every move. Pretty much every year level, when they're about 6, 7 and 8 will use that out of bounds area to play.
Secondly, we're not sure if anyone was with her when she found this 'book', although we just assumed that some of her friends were at least in the area as we doubt she would go out of bounds by herself. She doesn't really talk much about finding the book, and whenever she does the way she talks is as if she were alone, and probing her for more information just makes her stop talking.
Thirdly fourthly and fifthly, my dad has spoken to my sister's teacher who has said that the end of the world in 2012 is not something they talk about in classes throughout the school. This same teacher also said my sister had not said anything to her about a 'book' saying that the world was going to end. She said she hadn't heard any other students talking about the world ending and the other students still appear to be acting normally around my sister, who also acts pretty normal around them. The teacher did not feel the need to quiz the other students in case they got scared or got the same ideas into their heads, and I agree with her decision.
Sixthly, I have stated in my previous posts that my dad has been taking her to see a counsellor. If they counsellor had believed there was a physical medical reason for my sister's behaviour, she would have referred us to a doctor. The counsellor, however, believes my sister is better off, for the moment, having sessions with her - the problem is, essentially, emotional or mental or just her plain old imagination.
And if you had read my previous posts you would know that she has had quite a few sessions already, but it will take time for a lot of the questions we all have to be answered and I'll do my best to keep everyone updated as the whole scenario really is baffling me.

If you're from Australia and are looking for some great things to do on the weekend, check out the WeekendNotes website, or better yet, if you're from Victoria check out my own articles (here is my most recent - http://www.weekendno...tle-urban-cafe/). Happy reading!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users