Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rpg in Chatroom

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

thumbsup.gif Ok sensible suggestions now people.. I know that it has long been an idea for an RPG group within the forum membership..Syko being vitually the main champion of this... thumbsup.gif

I have asked SaRuMaN to make it so that I can moderate the chat room if such an idea was to go ahead.

What I need from you is a sensible time that we can use the chat room, so I can change the topic when we are there.. so that people know what they are walking into.
Who would interested in doing this, what campaigns etc, who would want to Dm etc..

I will pin this and ask for sensible answers and questions.. Then we shall see...

Edited by Celti, 27 May 2004 - 11:11 AM.

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#2    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

• "There are a terrible lot of lies going round the world, and the worst of it is that they're true." Winston Churchill

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:39 AM

If no on else wanted to I could Dm.  When ever me and my buds play an RPG I'm always the Dm, so I have experiance and a few old campaigns kicking around.  Could we do it in a D&D format?  Time is an issue for me, thats why I said if no one else wanted to.  If it's at a good time for me I would love to do it though.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yeild to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Winston Churchill

#3    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

• "There are a terrible lot of lies going round the world, and the worst of it is that they're true." Winston Churchill

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:50 PM

I think it would work better in the forum (under hobbies) than in a chat.  Also if a Dm leaves the thread another could just pick up were the other left off and make his own storie.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yeild to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Winston Churchill

#4    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (jenk @ May 27 2004, 10:50 AM)
I think it would work better in the forum (under hobbies) than in a chat.  Also if a Dm leaves the thread another could just pick up were the other left off and make his own storie.

i have to agree a chat one would be too confusing...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#5    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:16 PM

Ok sensible suggestions now people.. I know that it has long been an idea for an RPG group within the forum membership..Syko being vitually the main champion of this...

Man when did I become a champion?  tongue.gif  Ok I would preferr chat as a post game would eat up alot of bandwidth (something I have yet to have problems with at Ravens Keep [not a shamless plug!]) And I don't think our High Overwizard would be happy about that.

As long as we keep some order I think it would be ok to use the chatroom. the biggest issue would be how many players could we handle and if we would need "sub-DM's".

I would like to get that sorted before we decide on backdrop.

Oh and if you ar curious about Ravens Keep look here.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#6    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (thepsychoticseaotter @ May 27 2004, 01:16 PM)
Ok sensible suggestions now people.. I know that it has long been an idea for an RPG group within the forum membership..Syko being vitually the main champion of this...

Man when did I become a champion?  tongue.gif  Ok I would preferr chat as a post game would eat up alot of bandwidth (something I have yet to have problems with at Ravens Keep [not a shamless plug!]) And I don't think our High Overwizard would be happy about that.

As long as we keep some order I think it would be ok to use the chatroom. the biggest issue would be how many players could we handle and if we would need "sub-DM's".

I would like to get that sorted before we decide on backdrop.

Oh and if you ar curious about Ravens Keep look here.

hey my nickname used to be "Syko". anyway you got a good piont on the bandwith issue...and i don't want our High Overwizard to come after me crying.gif ...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#7    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:59 AM

hhhmmmm the bandwidth is a problem.......  What are your thoughts Celti?

#8    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,296 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

Bandwidth shouldn't be a problem, remember we're on our own dedicated server now with all the bandwidth we could ever need.

#9    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

So would it be alright to do it on the forum instead of the chat?  It seems to me it would be simpler on the forum.

#10    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:42 PM

To be real honest Play by post or play by e-mail is just a real turnoff to me. I find that it lacks the intensity that an rpg needs to be run correctly. (kinda close to those old play by mail games *BARF*)

It's up to everyone else though but I vote Chat.

#11    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

What about organizing the game on the forum, and at a posted time on the forum we RP on the chat?

#12    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:31 AM

I like that

#13    sasass

sasass

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

• "Shane, I'm sorry shane, Please don't go Shane."
    "Shane, Shane, don't go Shane.

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:17 AM

chats are harder on the two finger typer-you miss alot when your looking at the keyboard.
-then u gotta read try and catch up & answer the people who are impatiently waiting on you.

then again, posts would be slow for every one , lagging the general rythm of the game

would like to see a D & D styled game though, of some sorts.......

In one experiment code-named GREEN RUN, radioactive iodine-131 was released from the Hanford Nuclear Facility and drifted over Spokane. The cloud contained hundreds of times as much radiation as was released accidentally at Three Mile Island in 1979.

Posted Image

#14    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:30 AM

Celti I was just wondering if you are still planing on setting this up.  

#15    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:39 AM

I can't answer for the Celtic one but i am still for it. I just have been busy the past few days with other projects at the moment.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users