Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists? (144 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Think That The Yowie Really Exists?

1. Yes. (51 votes [35.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.42%

2. No. (63 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. I haven't made my mind up yet (30 votes [20.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#346    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,898 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

View Postbulveye, on 14 December 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:

I do believe the exist/existed as a large land based croc or a large carnivorous marsupial. Both have existed in the past and Aboriginal stories tell the truth from many many generations ago when these things stalked the earth.

There may be small pockets of these creatures left or just some stories of things that were there awhile ago.

After being to Australia and staying in several remote farm steds (not sure if that is the correct term) with small groups of mostly isolated people (nearest store 80KM away) then I can understand that you get worried with the noises the night makes! I heard stuff bigger then a horse smashing its way through the jungle some nights! And occasionally a deep rhythmic beating noise! It would scare me and the people I was working for, on one of the farms they had me clear all the undergrowth and small trees out for nearly half a mile away in all directions from the house.

If you have never seen such massive areas of unexplored subtropical or tropical rain forest then you will understand there could be a whole lot of big stuff living there that we have no idea about.

LOL :D Bet the big creature crashing through was a roo or a cow. It might have even been a horse. I would say the deep rhythmic beating was frogs. They get quite a sound up when they manage to get into unison. Did you hear Koalas mating? That sound will send chills down your spine :D Funny how such a big scary sound comes from such a cute cuddly looking little thing.

What part where you in?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#347    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 December 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

LOL :D Bet the big creature crashing through was a roo or a cow. It might have even been a horse.

Even small animals can sound big and intimidating in the bush:

I had an interesting experience after bushwalking in this area. While experimenting with some night time photos from the lookout on a very still night I heard something in the distance crashing its way up the gully behind me. The amount of noise it made (which gave the impression of being quite large) and the speed with which made its way through some very thick bush with branches snapping etc seemed odd. It wasn't an ungulate/ hoofed creature due to the thumping nature of some of the footfalls, nor was there anything about it which sounded obviously hopping/macropod. It was quite a long way in the distance but quickly made ground only to stop in the gully directly behind me. While something else made its way to the edge of the tree line directly to my left, then stopped. Some strange “moook moook”calls that eerily sounded like a deep human like voice then came from this area. I have read where these are associated with Yowies, though not sure I believe it, I can see how reports have been claimed from this area.

Eventually I found it was a Wallaby that had been crashing up the gully. The terrain and type of bush seem to cause these creatures to act and sound different than you might expect. As graceful as they can be in more open areas, it must be difficult navigating rainforest with large macro-pod feet. I also found Tawny Frogmouth and large Powerful Owls inhabit the area. One Owl shot out from the entrance to the track one night, almost bowling me over, which accounts for the strange calls. The other noises could have been anything from deer or goats, to wallaby.

http://forum.ozcrypt...c.php?f=2&t=267

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#348    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Does the yowie hide a tail? Has anyone ever heard of a sighting with a tail by any chance? The Dartmoor beast is seen with a lion-tail when running on all fours. Is the yowie tail-less, indicating a skunk ape origin instead? After reading this excellent site, I think the yowie is an ape-man-type and not the dogman-type. The bunyip must have a hairy male counterpart presumably.

Attached Thumbnails

• CatFoxMotion.jpg
  • Lion-Coloured Werebeast.jpg

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 15 December 2011 - 10:51 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#349    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,627 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

Anyone heard the stories of American and Viet-kong soldiers talking about "Wild men" running around in the forests during the war?

#350    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

No, but sounds very likely. I've heard similar from Serbian/Croatian(?) soldiers in the Balkans who witnessed 'werewolves' in a gunfire shoot-out rip into opposition soldiers. The man said that a 'female' locked gaze and started rushing towards him!

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#351    aussiecrypto

aussiecrypto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

View PostErix, on 15 December 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

Anyone heard the stories of American and Viet-kong soldiers talking about "Wild men" running around in the forests during the war?

Yeah I remember reading reports about what they called 'rock apes', I think they would apparently attack camps at night by throwing rocks.

#352    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

View Postaussiecrypto, on 15 December 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yeah I remember reading reports about what they called 'rock apes', I think they would apparently attack camps at night by throwing rocks.
So this is more evidence of a hairy ape man type cryptid then. Why are there so many disbelievers on this site??

#353    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 16 December 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

So this is more evidence of a hairy ape man type cryptid then. Why are there so many disbelievers on this site??
Someone remembering reading something doesnt count towards being evidence.  Except in your version of science.

#354    George Ford

George Ford

Just pretend you didn't see anything

• Banned
  • 3,149 posts

• 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 December 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

LOL :D Bet the big creature crashing through was a roo or a cow. It might have even been a horse. I would say the deep rhythmic beating was frogs. They get quite a sound up when they manage to get into unison. Did you hear Koalas mating? That sound will send chills down your spine :D Funny how such a big scary sound comes from such a cute cuddly looking little thing.

What part where you in?

Started in Sydney and worked my way up to Cairns on various farmsteads. The strange noises of the 'monster' were near Coffs Harbour. Also got half scared to death one night when a 'huge angry crytid' jumped on the roof of the old caravan I was staying in. I could hear it trying to claw its way in through the roof! I had a small, old mag-light with low battery power in one hand and a pen knife in my other as my only defence. Can honestly say it was one of the scariest nights of my life. By early morning it had gone so I decided to make a run for it to the farm house of the family I was working for. I must have looked shook up and was tired from no sleep. When I explained what had happened they all laughed really hard and explained what possums were to me...  :blush:

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#355    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Common, they can find a new species of little 1inch frog in Amazon, but can't find a humanoid in Australia!?

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#356    aussiecrypto

aussiecrypto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 16 December 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Well it's not real evidence, just the recollection of a few soldiers in a stressed state in an unfamiliar land.  They may well have been gibbons or another known species.

Here's a couple of links.

Rock apes 1

Rock apes 2

Rock apes 3

#357    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,277 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

View Postbulveye, on 16 December 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Started in Sydney and worked my way up to Cairns on various farmsteads. The strange noises of the 'monster' were near Coffs Harbour. Also got half scared to death one night when a 'huge angry crytid' jumped on the roof of the old caravan I was staying in. I could hear it trying to claw its way in through the roof! I had a small, old mag-light with low battery power in one hand and a pen knife in my other as my only defence. Can honestly say it was one of the scariest nights of my life. By early morning it had gone so I decided to make a run for it to the farm house of the family I was working for. I must have looked shook up and was tired from no sleep. When I explained what had happened they all laughed really hard and explained what possums were to me...  :blush:

Did none of the locals warn you about Drop-Bears?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#358    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

I have a solution for the twice size spider monkey finds. The Lachamps geomagnetic excursion of 40kya was caused by a dark matter comet impact on the south coast of Australia, creating the Nullarbor plain. The energy of the dark matter impact was enough to disrupt the mantle flow and therefore the Earth's magnetic field. This collapse of the geomagnetic field, evidenced by a spike in beryllium-10 in ice core data, would have let cosmic radiation erode the ozone layer. This would then have led to Earth's surface being awash with intense solar radiation.

The comet impact also had the energy to lift the entire lithosphere, creating a landbridge stretching from S.E. Asia, arcing across the Pacific and reaching Mexico. This allowed species to cross from one continent to another and would explain the 40,000 year old human footprints discovered by Professor Gonzalez. Cryptids from Central America could have made it in the opposite direction and found Australia!

Attached Thumbnails

• Lachamps DM Comet Impact 40kya.jpg

#359    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,898 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

View Postbulveye, on 16 December 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

That sounds like an awesome trip, I think you got to see some of the best of Oz by the sound of it. I am halfway along your travel route, on the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise.

That is hilarious, I was reading your post thinking, "That's a possum" then I read your last line. Made me smile. Wait till you hear those Koala calls - spine tingling! - LINK

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#360    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,898 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 19 December 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

I have a solution for the twice size spider monkey finds. The Lachamps geomagnetic excursion of 40kya was caused by a dark matter comet impact on the south coast of Australia, creating the Nullarbor plain. The energy of the dark matter impact was enough to disrupt the mantle flow and therefore the Earth's magnetic field. This collapse of the geomagnetic field, evidenced by a spike in beryllium-10 in ice core data, would have let cosmic radiation erode the ozone layer. This would then have led to Earth's surface being awash with intense solar radiation.

The comet impact also had the energy to lift the entire lithosphere, creating a landbridge stretching from S.E. Asia, arcing across the Pacific and reaching Mexico. This allowed species to cross from one continent to another and would explain the 40,000 year old human footprints discovered by Professor Gonzalez. Cryptids from Central America could have made it in the opposite direction and found Australia!

The Nullabor Plain is the world's largest single piece of limestone. It is an ancient seabed, and this is proven by the large number of fossils that have been found there. The Mullamullang features are separated from the rest of the plain by 5 million years, there are in fact 5 separately dated formations that make up the Nullabor, making it a gradual formation over millions of years, not one event.

Dark matter comets? Really? Are you sure it was not some sort of anti matter Hyrax? :rolleyes:

Edited by psyche101, 20 December 2011 - 01:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users