Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Shadows

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    madelyne

madelyne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• Being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to say you are you aren't.-Margaret Thatcher

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:08 AM

Hey julie,

I just sent you an email, but I found alot of good websites on google under shadow people, I just read abunch of stories about the same thing.  Not everthing can be explained away by light and time of day.  Instincts are in us for a reason.  

#17    Julie

Julie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:17 AM

Madelyne, thanks I will read it now and go to google.

#18    haunted-one61

haunted-one61

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Let us not look behind us in anger or forward in fear but around us in awareness.

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:59 PM

Madelyne, well said on our instincts. Whenever you doubt yourself and go against the instincts you've been given, if my memory serves me correctly, those were the times I've really screwed something up!

We can't drive 55...... Posted Image[IMG]

#19    OreoSuicide

OreoSuicide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:58 AM

I have read numerous postings on this site which refer to sightings of dark figures or "shadow people". This seems to be quite a common experience. My brother has also seen one of these apparitions, I can still remember the incident well even though I never saw this thing. There were a bunch of us messing around in the woods at the time, suddenly my brother jumped as though frightened. He described how he had seen this thing moving from left to right behind me and a few other guys who were there. His exact words were "it looked like a shadow". It was human in form and moved quickly. He went on to say it wasn't the first time that he had seen this kind of thing, he had also caught a glimpse of it in our house one time but had put it down to a trick of the mind. It may be a coincidence but around the same time that the sightings of this thing occured I was quite heavily involved in playing with ouija boards. Many years later my mum visited a "medium" who warned her that I had invited a bad presence into the home. I'm not sure what to make of this as I am very skeptical about so called mediums, it may just be that she guessed I had dabbled with the ouija board. What I do know is that my brother almost jumped out of his boots when he saw what he saw. Does anyone think this thing was a spirit or are there any other theories which may explain these shadow like apparitions?  

#20    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:48 AM

We would much rather you post your experience in a thread that already addresses the subject than have you start a completely new topic, Oreo. It helps cut down on multiple threads all dealing with the same topic, and makes the subject easier to locate. I've merged your post with a similar thread so those interested in the phenomena can enjoy a good sampling of occurances.

MM

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#21    wndycurry

wndycurry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:49 AM

I have been inactive on this forum for some time.  What draws my attention to post this, is the eerie sensation that I'm being watched.

I'm sitting down looking at my pc when suddenly I see a white robe flash behind me, and when I turn around it vanished.

Two nights ago, I get the same thing, except this time it's a dark shadow.

What gives?

#22    catsrule52

catsrule52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• Zap

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:48 AM

I usta get that 2,
Pretty much when researching something "like this" it your senses kinda get relaxed and than you see\hear something and sorta jump, usta happen 2 me alllllll the time...*looks around* eek...

#23    OreoSuicide

OreoSuicide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:04 PM

thumbsup.gif Nice one! Good thinking!

#24    myrtlesauthor

myrtlesauthor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:26 PM

Julie,

Just recently, I began to see a black shadow in my bedroom as well, but it's always draped over my dresser as if it were a large human.  We started seeing a child ghost/spirit run around in the living room and I was fine with that, but I haven't seen this large black shadow until recently.  I don't get a harmful feeling from it at all....just kind of weird.  I love the paranormal and I'm actually taking classes to be a certified ghost hunter/paranormal investigator.  This stuff doesn't freak me out, it just makes me question, "why me?"  So, you aren't alone.  Feel free to write me at my email!  

P.S.  I know it is a kid ghost cause I always think it's my son playing tricks and jumping on the sofa when he's no where to be found.  It's about his height too.  

Heidi

Edited by myrtlesauthor, 11 July 2004 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users