Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 is bull

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Smeagol1

Smeagol1

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:06 AM

Im so sick and tired of all this OH MY GAWD THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!!! Do you know how long man has been predicting the world to end?! That and all of religious crackpots claiming that one a certain date and time there savoiur Jesus will come down from the heavens rideing a donkey with a top hat!

I seriously can't wait till 2012 passes and all the people sucking the Mayans nads feel pretty f ing stupid. I mean COME ON PEOPLE!!!!
:angry:

I can't even watch tv anymore without being bombarded by OH THE WORLDS GONNA END! My left foot!!!

#2    DevilDogPratt

DevilDogPratt

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

• One
    Big
    A$$
    Mistake
    America

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

i hope the world ends sooner, people are so screwy

Posted Image
3-2 1-3 1-3 1-1 2-4 3-3

"THEY THAT GIVE UP ESSENTIAL LIBERTY TO OBTAIN A LITTLE TEMPORARY SAFETY, DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY NOR SAFETY"
-BENJAMIN FRANKLIN 1759

#3    fenris1011

fenris1011

Hermit

• 1,316 posts

• Write drunk; edit sober

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:41 AM

I agree completely. These poor, stupid b******* have nothing to look forward to so they make something up. Perfect example, 2012.

Posted Image
No shade in the shadow of the cross.

#4    Pinx

Pinx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• Perhaps an attic shall I seek...

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

***Spoiler alert!***

Spoiler

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." --Kurt Vonnegut

#5    Ketzer

Ketzer

Psychic Spy

• 1,152 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

I totally agree with you.

http://www.bible.ca/...ate-setters.htm
Here's a list of 220 dates for the end of the world.

Edited by Dahn, 09 November 2009 - 04:35 AM.

#6    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

Some advice for you guys. Steer clear of all the 2012 media hype crap. If you see a 2012 doc, change the channel. Someone's chatting about it on CNN? See what's on Fox instead, or whatever alternative news shows you got.

That the 'world is going to end' in 2012 is of course a load of overblown nonsense, but nonetheless overblown nonsense that makes for good ratings. The media is designed to make you want to discuss the topic, whether love it OR hate it, and further spread the hype. No publicity is bad after all, especially for a good old doomsday prophecy.

Mayans never made any mention of any kind as to their calendar coming to 2012 as to mark the destruction of earth. Quite the contrary. Anyone with a little but of problem-solving logic in their noodles could do a bit of proper research into the truth behind the Mayan calendar and be happy that they known better.
Making angry topics about the subject just shows that they got to you, in one of the two ways they're trying.

The Long Count calender that is ending is but one of many different calendars the Mayans used to measure time. Their smaller calenders could only count to a maximum of around 50 years or so. In absolute layman's terms the Long Count calendar is used to measure a Bak'tun i believe it's called, or what we would translate as an 'age'. Like, we're entering the age of Aquarius. And in truth we're only on around the 20th Bak'tun out of a good fifty or so that the Mayans recorded.
I like to think that anyone with a decent shred of intelligence can see for themselves, since we're just entering a new stage of the calendar, that 'Doomsday 2012' is a debunked mistranslation seized upon by ignorant masses romanticizing the idea that they are special enough to witness the end of our beautiful planet for themselves.

It's a delusion almost as comical as the biblical rapture.

#7    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

The whole calculation is 200 years off anyway. The premise, on which was made the initial calculation, which lead to the infamous 2012 year, is wrong and proven so.

Make no mistake, that won't deter any of the doomsday sayers at all.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#8    JigZaw

JigZaw

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• "When You anticipate the Human mind, it leaves nothing to chance."

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

If Hollywood have made a film from it, then I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. Purely for the fact they're making alot of money from it and if they were that phased, they would of not made a film. With the flood over the himalayas, that is pure Grade A bull, but I think I shouldn't get to into something that doesn't exist ;P

Posted Image

#9    Smeagol1

Smeagol1

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

I think humans in general are just scared of everything. We have non-stop wars,plauge, Famine and economic depressions. Then they see 2012 and scapegoat it as the main cause of everything. people have nouthing better to than live in there parents basements reaserching all this 2012 doomsday crap. I find it pathetic.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Smeagol1, 09 November 2009 - 11:16 PM.

#10    Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro

The Death of Bunny Munro

• 3,075 posts

• You will not like me now and you shall like me a good deal less as we do go on...

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

People just like a good excuse to be dramatic and to take a flight of fantasy.

That or they genuinely are that gullible.

Grant me this at least, man differs more from man than man from beast....

#11    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

Well, considering all the bad stuff that's happened in the last 10 years, I don't see any reason for things to get any better. Even without a major natural catastrophe, things look pretty dicey for 2012.  KennyB

#12    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,762 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostSmeagol1, on 09 November 2009 - 03:06 AM, said:

savoiur Jesus will come down from the heavens rideing a donkey with a top hat!

Which one's wearing the top hat?

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#13    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,762 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

View PostKennyB, on 11 November 2009 - 04:04 PM, said:

Well, considering all the bad stuff that's happened in the last 10 years, I don't see any reason for things to get any better. Even without a major natural catastrophe, things look pretty dicey for 2012.  KennyB

And what would that be then? Given the fact that most of the wars, extinctions and pandemics have been in the years preceding the last couple of decades?

We've had it comparatively cushty.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,969 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

Wait until after the movie comes out...

Holy crap.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#15    innerverse

innerverse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• The problem with our world is that the fools are always sure about their actions and the wise always in doubt and insecure

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

After 2012 passes and nothing extraordinary happens, which year do you believe will be the next target for massive-prophecy-hysteria?
I think 2012 came to early as a next target from the 2000 fiasko btw...And that's not a good sign for our mentality and memory in general...

Gradually, we are told, step by step, men produced the arts and crafts, this and that, until they emerged into the light of history. Those soporific words "gradually" and "step by step" repeated incessantly, are aimed at covering an ignorance which is both vast and surprising.
                                                        -Ugo de Santillana and Ertha Von Dechend, Hamlet's Mill, 1983

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users