Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Occultism

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1    Eyesees

Eyesees

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:54 AM

Do you believe in Vampires? I haven's seen yet but their counterparts had seen already. Because the difference that I only know between their counterparts is that vampires can survive cetennial. They say they can do many wonders that are uncovered. I've met a lot of fake witches and pretend that they can really do such wicca stuff yet I asked them if they can transform into vampires or in any form of creature even an ant! Since they have their magics inside.

4a. Shouting: Do not write in all uppercase letters, writing in this manner is considered "shouting" and makes posts difficult to read as well as looking unsightly and being annoying to other visitors.

Edited by Superman, 11 November 2009 - 03:41 AM.
Capslock is not cruise control for cool..

#2    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

View Postfrightened, on 11 November 2009 - 02:54 AM, said:

Do you believe in Vampires? I haven's seen yet but their counterparts had seen already. Because the difference that I only know between their counterparts is that vampires can survive cetennial. They say they can do many wonders that are uncovered. I've met a lot of fake witches and pretend that they can really do such wicca stuff yet I asked them if they can transform into vampires or in any form of creature even an ant! Since they have their magics inside.

No, I do not believe in Vampires...or witches...or werewolves :hmm:. Do...do you?

Edited by Superman, 11 November 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#3    Superman

Superman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

Hey frightened can we, you know, let off of the cap locks please?

Posted Image Superman Posted Image
Unexplained Mysteries Moderator

#4    kiddglock

kiddglock

Psychic Spy

• 1,079 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

View Postfrightened, on 11 November 2009 - 02:54 AM, said:

It depends on how you define "vampire".  If by that you mean somebody who sucks blood, then, of course.  If you mean some dude that looks like Count Chocula and lives forever, then obviously not.  Some humans can be possessed by a demon that gives them vampiric qualities.  Nosferatu is just a picture-show.

#5    Eyesees

Eyesees

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

Oh actually those who sucks blood not cannibal but there's something inside of them. It really wonders me how these people exist why they can fly and transforms into a very unearthly creature.

#6    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,524 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:15 AM

View Postfrightened, on 11 November 2009 - 04:06 AM, said:

Oh actually those who sucks blood not cannibal but there's something inside of them. It really wonders me how these people exist why they can fly and transforms into a very unearthly creature.

I'm not entirely certain, but it sounds like the OP had wadded the paranormal, myths, and pagan religions into one ball, thrown it at the wall and is examining what stuck. I'm not familiar with witches turning into vampires or werewolves or whatever, that's a new one, and I think you're thinking of a pretty outmoded definition of "witch". Also don't understand what you mean about these people having "something inside them"?  It is a little hard to follow your point or meaning to some things.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#7    dorto

dorto

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:15 AM

there are no real cases today of a person studied and genetically found to be a vampire. vampire is a myth. if a human were to eat another humans blood they would get very sick and die.

#8    Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro

The Death of Bunny Munro

• 3,075 posts

• You will not like me now and you shall like me a good deal less as we do go on...

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

No, I believe the notion is absolutely absurd. I think the romanticism of the idea just appeals to people.

Grant me this at least, man differs more from man than man from beast....

#9    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

No. The only vampires there are are people who need severe mental consultation. If someone comes up to you and says, "Hey, I'm a vampire," they are lying, unless they are dead. Kick them in the shins, and if they can feel it, they're not a vampire--I promise.

#10    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,932 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

I agree with Para. Witches and vampires are two completely different things. Also wicca is a faith system, none of them claim to be able to do magic and what not (at least not the ones I know of).

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#11    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,919 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

Yes, witches are real but they don't have magical powers and ride brooms.  Vampires are legend to most and a role playing fantasy for some. Likewise for werewolves.  Fantasies like that may give a sense of power to those who feel weak and powerless.  Since the Twilight series I have noticed a spike in vampire fantasies among younger people.

Edited by sinewave, 13 November 2009 - 05:24 PM.

#12    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

View Postsinewave, on 13 November 2009 - 05:23 PM, said:

Yes, witches are real but they don't have magical powers and ride brooms.  Vampires are legend to most and a role playing fantasy for some. Likewise for werewolves.  Fantasies like that may give a sense of power to those who feel weak and powerless.  Since the Twilight series I have noticed a spike in vampire fantasies among younger people.

It comes in waves, the vampire thing. When a popular movie comes out, then the fantasies escalate. The same thing happened when the Underworld franchise started. After the whole Twilight thing dies down, so will the claims.

#13    cryptocabra

cryptocabra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

• all that is unknown is not unknown to belivers

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:31 AM

im a werewolf seriously heres me at the last full moon :sleepy:

hey where did it gaaa...

#14    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• 1,611 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

View Postcryptocabra, on 14 November 2009 - 12:31 AM, said:

im a werewolf seriously heres me at the last full moon :sleepy:

Ha Ha Ha I get it!

But I'm wondering if the OP has entwined certain aspects of folklore where magic is tied into a lot of the stories. It was at times believed that those who stooped into the occult, witchcraft etc could curse someone to be a werewolf, vampire or even transform themselves into said creature, not sure about transforming into Vampires, but their is stories of witches casting an illusion over themself in the guise of an animal. Plenty of those stories actually.

Still not sure if that equates with the OP's point but worth a mention I thought.

Posted Image

#15    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

Vampires, as a reanimated corpse that survives on the blood of others, is a complete myth. There is no such thing. Not only is it physically impossible, but we can trace the origins of vampire lore back to its beginnings in most cultures where the myth is prevalent. Shapeshifting is also another physical impossibility, and like vampire lore, has a very traceable origin. Hint, those origins were based entirely on the superstitions of the people in the regions where they originated. A witch in the traditional, as opposed to Wiccan sense, is simply a name applied to a person that was persecuted for one reason or another, or a crone that was well versed in herblore. The powers attributed to them were usually made up by their accusers in order to justify murdering them.

My answer to this one falls somewhere between Paranormalcy's and Moon Minion's, and ultimately, I have to say to the OP that no, I don't believe in vampires, werewolves, cackling witches, or anything that you have suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users