Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why is it kids always see the weird stuff

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

Could it also be that as adults, we are more distracted with our work, bills, mobile phones, and such while children are not as distracted by such things and have more time to do what they are suppposed to do:  explore.

#47    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostMantis914, on 22 May 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

Could it also be that as adults, we are more distracted with our work, bills, mobile phones, and such while children are not as distracted by such things and have more time to do what they are suppposed to do:  explore.

No. I really do not think so. As we develop we learn to use discernment and not let our imaginations rule our perceptions. At least that is how it should be.
We adults explore too but we have the advantage, hopefully, of understanding the basics of how our brains function and how our beliefs influence the interpretations of our perceptions.

#48    nettysavalon

nettysavalon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

• If you find spelling mistakes,you can keep them.I no longer need them.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Children are innocent!Have You ever had an immaginary friend?You used to talk to him(her) and no one else could see him?? Or hear him?So thats what adulds blank out! the other dimention.As a child You see things and as an addult you dont wanna see no longer cause you got other things to deal with!!

#49    SpiritualWolfPup

SpiritualWolfPup

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Well...I believe in the theory that your third eye ( the pinel (spelling?) gland ) has liquid in it. ( do believe david wilcock said this ) and when you eat crap and drink crap ( coke things like that ) it solidifieds the liquid which stops the process children have not yet had all that crap in their system.

#50    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,495 posts

• If not watched closely, the seed of violence can utterly consume you.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

View Postnettysavalon, on 22 May 2011 - 10:18 PM, said:

Children are innocent!

Umm..not really. They are not any more "innocent" than anyone else. Ever listen to their weird excuses?

Have You ever had an imaginary friend?!

Nope.

So thats what adulds blank out!  the other dimention.As a child You see things and as an addult you dont  wanna see no longer cause you got other things to deal with!

....No. Children do not "see" anything more or less than what adults do. Children simply lack the understanding of what they see and simply reference it to the limited array of knowledge they have when trying to identify and understand it.

Children simply have imaginations and sometimes they get so deep into it that they forget that none of it is real. That is just how childhood is...we all went through it and we all grew out of it. That is how the course of life is.

#51    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

Probably just their imagination.

#52    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

View PostLithane, on 23 November 2009 - 10:18 PM, said:

I don't believe that children have a better ability to grasp or sense the paranormal. I do believe, however, that because children do not experience embarrassment or disbelief in the same way that adults that have been integrated into society do, they are more likely to tell people what they have experienced if they do see something for real while adults titter and awkwardly cast the notion of otherworldly beings to the side.
agreed  :tu: :tu:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#53    jrt27

jrt27

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• "The soul of man is immortal and imperishable."

~Plato~

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

View PostRyu, on 22 May 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

Ah, the wonders of childhood; the only time in ones life where hallucinating on a regular basis is considered normal.

Haha...isn't that the truth. Earlier today I noticed a bug bite on my 2 year old daughter's arm. I asked her what happened and she told me that a zebra bit her. Ahh..you've gotta love their wild imaginations!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."~Socrates~

#54    Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

Skinwalkers Haunted Woods 2005

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

View Postbrlesq1, on 19 November 2009 - 12:50 AM, said:

Always seemed to me that if they do see stuff, it's either their imaginations or they haven't yet been socialized enough to believe it doesn't exist.

What you should have said is, "they have yet to be conditioned/programmed by society to conform to what society is comfortable with."  :tu:

- T

#55    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

I remember seeing dark shadows around my house when I was a child, and I saw them again when I had a terrible bout of insomnia. So I think it's safe to say It's not the magic of being a child, It's imagination.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#56    Grimm24

Grimm24

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• The World is Indeed Comic but the Joke is on Mankind - H.P. Lovecraft

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

If i had a kid and they told me they were seeing things depending on what it was I would definetly look into it, because sometimes it could just be the imagination but other times it could actually be something totally real.

EXODUS-INSANUS-NOCTURNAS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users