Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 16 votes

A party with all the UM members.

• Please log in to reply
4352 replies to this topic

#3196    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Well Space Cadets ! Did We not tell you it was a sight to behold ! Mid and Badeskov`s got us here all in a mostly one piece suit !
But ! The adventure has not even begun ! Todays Brunch is a quickie ! On the Hop one could say ! Its a Backpack affair !

For today we Explore our new home for the next week ! Get your He-3 rations and Ski`s I`ll meet you at the Temporary Moon B.B.Q Snack Bar at the Summit, Follow Mid`s Electronic GPS markers to not get Lost please.
Remember "What Happens on the Moon Stays on the Moon" This means you Hazzard,booney,Glyn ! we dont need any rumors getting back to Earth !
And for Ba-jezza sake stay away from the Dark side where the Aliens Live ! They are letting us play as Long as we stay-away!
Out "D"

This is a Work in Progress!

#3197    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

We all made it to the top and the B.B.Q & View are Actually Making my HEad spin ! I know its not the He-3 we have been drinking all morning ! But Now that we are all gathered on Top of this Master piece of Nature, I will ask all to spend a moment
is self thought and prayer.For today we did loose on of our Planets great men ! Steve Jobs !  He will be  always remembered ! Apple Still Rocks !f9d0b23363bebf16fa0e6a7067009d84.jpg

#3198    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

I heard a group headed out to try and walk the rille around the horn!

It's at least  3-4 miles to the closest part of the rille in relation to us, and probably 12-14 miles to walk around it's "horn" and get back to the ship....and D had people on a mountain already?

I have to get me a hit of that He-3 y'all are drinkin'!
:tu:

#3199    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

News update from the Moon !

Today we have perfect weather on the surface a bit dry and very hot in the Sun light ! But the clifs doo offer some relief .
These new suits that Mid had designed are the Bomb ! You can run,jump bend thru all movment extreem`s and even see out of the helmut quite well !
We are joining up with a team of our security guys near by a possible Alien base thats been talked about for years back home.
I`ll try to sneek out some live video clips and text updates. This should be great! To see where Aliens actually Landed back in 1969 I here there are still pieces of there craft left near by ?
I`ll get with Mid on this when he wakes up ! I hear he and SAL had quite the night in the SOFA room!
THe Dancing and chowing down thats already been going on this trip should be record breaking in the consumption levels!

"HOld it " "D" to Home plate !come in ! COme in !
We have movement ! THeres something walking towards our team !
    : Squelch 911 "D"  over !
"THis is "D" ,we need back up NOW !! there is Life on This Rock ! Over !
!#&@$ %   ______  _____ ----------- ---- Silence

#3200    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 08 October 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

News update from the Moon !

Today we have perfect weather on the surface a bit dry and very hot in the Sun light ! But the clifs doo offer some relief .
These new suits that Mid had designed are the Bomb ! You can run,jump bend thru all movment extreem`s and even see out of the helmut quite well !
We are joining up with a team of our security guys near by a possible Alien base thats been talked about for years back home.
I`ll try to sneek out some live video clips and text updates. This should be great! To see where Aliens actually Landed back in 1969 I here there are still pieces of there craft left near by ?
I`ll get with Mid on this when he wakes up ! I hear he and SAL had quite the night in the SOFA room!
THe Dancing and chowing down thats already been going on this trip should be record breaking in the consumption levels!

"HOld it " "D" to Home plate !come in ! COme in !
We have movement ! THeres something walking towards our team !
    : Squelch 911 "D"  over !
"THis is "D" ,we need back up NOW !! there is Life on This Rock ! Over !
!#&@$ %   ______  _____ ----------- ---- Silence

You want to get a Shuttle run to the Apollo 11 site???

Edited by MID, 09 October 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#3201    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

View PostMID, on 09 October 2011 - 01:24 AM, said:

You want to get a Shuttle run to the Apollo 11 site???
Im all in on that Offer ! Lets Kick the Tires,and Light the Fires ! :tu:

Attached Thumbnails

• f14-photo-vf033-12l.jpg

#3202    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

APOLLO 11 LANDING SITE TOUR
Generated by Sal 10000, 10-9-11/0620 PDT

SAL:   Mid asked me to brief those of you who are interested and sober enough (!)  on D's requested Apollo 11 landing site tour.  Mid is pleased to offer two such tours starting this afternoon , the first one beginning at 11:00 hours, the second, at 16:00 hours.

Our Shuttles will take 1 hour and 20 minutes to traverse the roughly 450 miles between us and the Apollo 11 site.
The shuttles will depart from the area aft of the loading ramp, will ascend to an altitude of 8,000 feet, and then proceed at a high rate of speed out over the Appenines, and the Caucusus mountain range, which will prove a spectacular site.  We'll then turn more southeast and head out over the northeastern part of the Sea of Vapors, and into the nourthwest part of the Sea of Tranquility.

We'll then descend to 1000 feet and gradually lower as we pass directly over the Surveyor 5 landing site, which is only about 15 miles due north of the Apollo 11 site.  We'll then arrive at Tranquility Base, and touch down softly outside of the perimeter of the area.  There'll be a quick brunch served aboard the first shuttle trip, and then, D will begin a tour of where the actual "Aliens" landed on the Moon 42 years ago.

NOTICE:  PHOTOS and VIDEOS PERMITTED. Moon rocks permitted outside of 300 feet from the LM's location.

Boarding of Trip 1   10:40
Launch               11:00
Arrival at AS-11     12:10

Departure            15:00
Arrival at Sweetie   16:10

Boarding of trip 2:  17:10
Departure:           17:30
Arrival at AS-11:    18:45

Departure:           21:00
Arrival at Sweetie:  22:15

MID says, and I agree, that this is going to be a spectacle, as we'll be flying over the most rugged terrain on the Moon.  He was joking with me last night while looking at the trajectory, and said, "If there's aliens here, we'z gonna find 'em!"

To the site, later this morning!

Posted Image

We'll be landing just below the lower border of this picture...

#3203    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

can we fill up some of these craters?

Posted Image

#3204    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Well the First Tour Master ,extrodinare  Mid has done us all Good ! ANd we didnt even have to Listen to Hank Williams Jr. sing  " Are you ready for so Moon ball "
We did touch down at the Apollo 11 site long enough to gather up some of the artifacts to bring back to our Newley planned Moon-eaum Im building in Texas ! Its will feature the Lower Desent stage of the LM and a Rover, a few very important Alien Artifacts to be announced latter !

And the Best thing ever THe  Fully equipped  B.B.Q Shop were leaving there to draw others to the Moon on later missions !
Mid did a wonderful job draggin all this stuff back to Sweetie without a dent one !

Now to finger out how to fit it all into our Ship !
Well Eat up the Dinner mess call is but a few hours away ! ANd tonight Were going all out with a  Texas B.B.Q and Strip-Poker Party ! Bee there or Be Square ! :tu:

#3205    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

12:42 PDT
9 OCT 11

Amazing  how much it looks like it did 42 years ago...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And no, we're not taking the plaque back with us!

Posted Image

Wonder of that camera could still be made to work?!

Posted Image

That little crater (Little West) that Neil Armstrong strode over to and photographed...
Posted Image

And walking over south of the LM...We find the Passive Seismometer looking pristine!

Posted Image

And before we leave, it's something to consider this...

Posted Image

...and contemplate the fact that 40 years later, the foot that made this impression on the lunar surface would be "Dancing With The Stars" back here on Earth!

:w00t:

#3206    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

Sal, do those look like ski tracks over on the top of Mt. Hadley Delta?

SAL:  Indeed they do Dear, I think D had bunches of people trying it out for a while the other night.   He intends to go back. I think he's planning a Mount Hadley Delta Slolom competition...

MID:  I have no doubt.  Medical support alerted?

SAL:  Oh of course!

#3207    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Sending out an SOS , Sending out an SOS !  Oh ! I gotta remember to turn my Moonwalkman off ! :innocent:

#3208    Feenix Fire

Feenix Fire

Psycho Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

• Don't worry! I'll just use my super psychic powers of Deja Vu!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

Can...can I come? I can bring cupcakes...

Posted Image
My own little fairy!  ^_^

#3209    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

View PostFeenix Fire, on 09 October 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Of course you can come! Sorry, I am still a bit wobbly after our last trip, but I am sure I can serve up a good drink nonetheless :P And cupcakes are always welcome, just remember to leave a few for the flight crew!

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#3210    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostFeenix Fire, on 09 October 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Since were all a piece away from Texas Darling we`ll be back to earth in another week and you can start the training and meet us at Edwards  MId`s our Mon-Capatian and Badeskov`s hie First officer and Bar Keep  on board!
I know its a lot to remember so I would head out now getting to Edwards We shall Stop tires on Runway 22 if the weather will cooperate with us !
We Look forward to Having you on our Crew List!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users