Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Something Will Happen or Will It 2012

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

**Guys, tone it down.  Don't sandbag the new guy just because we've seen this topic ad nauseum**

#32    the other spaceman

the other spaceman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

**EDIT**

How manny times do i got to say it all i said is i belive something will happen i just dont know the scale

and molder how far did you read if you read a little futher down then you might find some usful info on the space activty and most of it is FACT but the parts  about the calnder i payed no mind to so also THANGS LIKE HIS OPPINON i payed no attention to you just simply failed to see the usful information on that page and like i said it was Part of proof

if you give me some time ill put together all the imformation and we will be done with this  

**EDIT**

**What I said above applies to everyone.  And no shouting.**

Edited by aquatus1, 20 November 2009 - 09:29 PM.
Shouting

#33    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

View Posttinieblas, on 20 November 2009 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'm making notes, planning where to send my cans of "whoop-ass" on December 22nd, three years from now....nice Christmas gifts to be planned.....

I do hope I'll get a gift, otherwise I'll complain to the all mighty conspiracy  :w00t:

View Postthe other spaceman, on 20 November 2009 - 08:50 PM, said:

http://www.viewzone.com/endtime.html hear e=read this it is some proof

I took a glance at it, but I saw  some stuff that I think is wrong. I'll check though. This said, don't get all your stuff from the same site and writer. Try some other sites, that do not come up with "2012" in their url.  
Besides, Dan Eden is a journalist, even though I admit that some of his other articles are quite good, is no scientist. I actually researched from NASA sites and people who'se job it is, to track the sky for "planetkiller" astroids.

I'm more enclined to believe "my" guy, so to speak. He's one of the guys tracking what you call "space activity" after all.

Did you read any of the links I provided? Because they are also FACT, as you say and they greatly differ from yours.

Edited by TheSearcher, 20 November 2009 - 09:26 PM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#34    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

View Postthe other spaceman, on 20 November 2009 - 09:20 PM, said:

HELLO IS ANEONE PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT I AM SAYING OVER AND OVER

IM NOT SAYING ANETHING BIG IS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT IM NOT SAYING ANETHING BIG IS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT IM NOT SAYING ANETHING BIG IS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT IM NOT SAYING ANETHING BIG IS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT

How manny times do i got to say it all i said is i belive something will happen i just dont know the scale

and molder how far did you read if you read a little futher down then you might find some usful info on the space activty and most of it is FACT but the parts  about the calnder i payed no mind to so also THANGS LIKE HIS OPPINON i payed no attention to you just simply failed to see the usful information on that page and like i said it was Part of proof

if you give me some time ill put together all the imformation and we will be done with this  

QUIT PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH LISTING TO WHAT I AM SAYING AND QUIT GETTING CONFUSED

not putting words in your mouth. you said the planets will align. not us.
what they posted was no proof of anything big happening, like sitchin and the other frauds said will happen with 2012.
go watch the vid i posted.

the truth is out there....

#35    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 November 2009 - 09:14 PM, said:

**Guys, tone it down.  Don't sandbag the new guy just because we've seen this topic ad nauseum**

Sorry didn't see your post, it took me a while to read and write mine after that.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#36    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 20 November 2009 - 07:43 PM, said:

maybe you didnt get what we just said. thats a myth, and is Not going to happen. at all. nothing supports the idea of an alignment.

weve been hit by Big solar flares recently, but you didnt hear anything about that, because our earth and the ionosphere is more than capabable of dealing with it.

that doesnt really matter (although we could possibly tell), but we know the planets wont align then anyways, so no need to worry.

please dont. youre entitled to an opinion, yes, but dont keep posting what you do thinking its fact as its proven false.

Question; one I continue to ask but get no answer to....how can you scientifically predict something which is said to have happened in the past but was not recorded or studied?  To say "there is evidence that this is not going to happen" in regards to increased solar activity, planetary alignments etc is facile because we don't know which events or indicators would signal the beginning of such events coz we've never seem 'em happen before!!  So what you're saying, in effect is this "It ain't happened before but I know it's not going to happen in 2012 because we have evidence to show that something we've never seen cannot happen." Yes?  That's what we call subjective fact.  To someone who lives in an isolated community who've had little or no contact with civilisation knows it to be impossible to watch some event happening thousands of miles away on a magical light box, as well as it being unlikely that are even other people out there.  Subjective.  It is not possible according to the evidence we currently possess but we lack evidence, viz we know not everything.

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#37    the other spaceman

the other spaceman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

thanks guy someone who listens i am only using part of the information on the page how i do my recarch is ill bounce page to page on a topic i am looking for (space weather) reacherch   and try to put the pices together and then i want to see the effects on everything in our soluar system

one event may have no substantual direct effect but what will happen when you put all the events together and even if the still have no dirct effect on earth dosent mean it wont affect us

the effects may be passed from one to another that eventualy coulld effect us

and even if it is not effects are not sudden dosent mean that that the effects will not slowly unfold maby to slow to anlize

this is pretty much what i am recarching all the solar weather on that that will be taking place and the effects each event has and how likely it may influnce another affect (start a chain reaction another words)

#38    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

:)

Ok, I brought us back to the beginning - your original post.

View Postthe other spaceman, on 20 November 2009 - 09:48 AM, said:

Ok i dont think nobody is looking at the big picture of all the events that are going to take place on 2012.Iim peacing together something now and will post my findings but hear is a taste

Now, these are a "taste" of your findings correct?

soler activety will be at its maximum in 2012

Kind of...it's at it's peak again, in 2013.  We have been throught it before.  Not unique to 2012.

all planets will be alinged

Nope, but already addressed.

what about that large body that will pass verry close

How large?  Well, that really doesn't matter.  Anything "large" would have been spotted long long ago.

just in 2 of these factors i found intersting data
i will share once i feal i found enuff datta and let everyone peace it together them selfs

Everyone putting things together themselves is what got these insane stories flying around.  Look at what experts have put together.  Look at it rationally and with reason.  :)  AGAIN, search these forums, we have some very smart cookies who explain all of this quite well.

Ps.sorry dude you sub may not work out anething with a computer chip MAY be fried or knocked out do to cornal mass ejection.
and there was a mass ejection that charged the atmosphere 5 times more than normal and knocked out the gps systems on 12/06 but im not shure the year ill have to find it agen   (sorry if everything looks scatered,misspled, whatever gramer was not my strong point)

Not sure I understand what you are saying here ^^^^ you have a link to this "mass ejection" and a date for it?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#39    the other spaceman

the other spaceman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

and as for you molder there is no talking to you because if you were paying attention you would have read were i retracted my statment and said i got plantery aliment and glatic aliment mixed

#40    the other spaceman

the other spaceman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

i dont have one right off hand but will have in like 5 minuts

#41    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

View Posttinieblas, on 20 November 2009 - 09:39 PM, said:

Question; one I continue to ask but get no answer to....how can you scientifically predict something which is said to have happened in the past but was not recorded or studied?

Depends on what you mean by "recorded".  Events get recorded in more ways (and in a far more reliable fashion) than by human stories.

To say "there is evidence that this is not going to happen" in regards to increased solar activity, planetary alignments etc is facile because we don't know which events or indicators would signal the beginning of such events coz we've never seem 'em happen before!!

Not at all.  While there are events that would catch us by surprise, so to speak, there are very few events that would blindside us completely.  Some things, such as planetary alignments, have been debunked through mathematics, one of the hardest sciences we have.  Others, such as large planetary masses, would have effects easily within our knowledge of physics to detect.

So what you're saying, in effect is this "It ain't happened before but I know it's not going to happen in 2012 because we have evidence to show that something we've never seen cannot happen." Yes?

No.

For starters, some of these things have happened, such as solar maximums and magnetic pole reversals.  Other things haven't happened simply because if they had, it would have been recorded on the planets surface.

That's what we call subjective fact.  To someone who lives in an isolated community who've had little or no contact with civilisation knows it to be impossible to watch some event happening thousands of miles away on a magical light box, as well as it being unlikely that are even other people out there.  Subjective.  It is not possible according to the evidence we currently possess but we lack evidence, viz we know not everything.

Nor do we claim to.  However, we do know some things.  To pretend that, because we do not know everything, we cannot come to definitive conclusion on anything, is facile.

#42    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,546 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

2012 Hoaxes

Read.  Surf.  Enjoy.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#43    the other spaceman

the other spaceman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

hear is one link about it knoucking out communications and power grids

http://www.findingdu...-Activity-.html

let me know if this is what you looking for

#44    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,546 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Solar Flares

From the page -

Here are the facts:

There are solar flares all of the time.
The number of flares (and sunspots) varies over time in an approximate eleven-year cycle.
The Sun was due to reach a maximum (called ’solar max’) in its 11 year cycle in 2011 or 2012. However, more recent observations have pushed this date off to sometime in 2013.

More -

Specifically, there is no prediction of a massive life-killing solar flare in 2012. Even more specifically, there is no evidence that our sun can produce a ‘Knowing’ type solar flare anytime soon. We know what stars like our sun are capable of by looking at other sun-like stars. If these stars were churning out massive CMEs like the movie ‘Knowing’ depicted, then we would see that in other stars… and we don’t.

Yes.  I understand that a solar flare can and has knocked the power grids for a loop, etc.  This has NOTHING to do with 2012.  Heck, the world should have ended in 1859 following that logic.  Well, we didn't.  :)

Carrington Event
The strongest solar storm on record is called the “Carrington Event” (after Richard Carrington who viewed and reported on the solar flare of September 1st). It occurred in late August and early September of 1859. From August 28th through September 4th, aurorae of unusual brilliance were observed throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, and were seen as far south as Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Central America in the Northern Hemisphere and in the Southern Hemisphere as far north as Santiago, Chile.

A Carrington Event today
Should such an event occur today, there would be massive disruption in electrical grids, possibly long term. What is needed is to beef up our early warning system, and to stockpile spares of critical components. However, the report paints a worst-case scenario where no warning is given, and the eletrical grid operators do not have time to take precautions.

Again, this is a cycle.  Not something that is peaking in 2012 for the first time ever.

Happened before.  Will happen again.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs, 20 November 2009 - 10:08 PM.

#45    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

View Postthe other spaceman, on 20 November 2009 - 09:46 PM, said:

and as for you molder there is no talking to you because if you were paying attention you would have read were i retracted my statment and said i got plantery aliment and glatic aliment mixed

you Really gotta make sure you get that stuff right.
even though theyre quite different and not hard to mistake.
but even on that note, i dont believes theres going to be any galactic alignment either.

the truth is out there....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users