Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Shadow People...!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:40 PM

Bathrooms have bright lights, white shiny porecelin, mirrors, all the things necessary to play tricks on the eyes.

Plus a lot of shadow people occurences in the bathroom happen while people are walking by, the hallway is usually darker then the bathroom so this also provides more criteria to allow your eyes to trick you.

Not saying shadow people don't exist, but all things must be considered before concluding one specific thing.

user posted image

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#17    Bird Flu

Bird Flu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:49 AM

most of the photos I've seen of shadow people have been in places like family rooms and stairwells and such o.O

#18    snarkyologist

snarkyologist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (Kismit @ Jun 4 2004, 06:14 AM)
What does appear to be a comon thread is the fact that most people who suffer from attacks by shadow people had traumatic or violent up bringings .

My daughter had a traumatic problem with a "shaddow person" for about a month last year, but she hasn't had a traumatic childhood (she was eight at the time this occured). I would love any insight anyone might have into her situation. I have a basic outline of what happened here: http://serpentsanddoves.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

#19    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:28 AM

umm...i think, personally, mirrors are sumthin to do with it, cuz ya know, the whole 'ghost in the mirror' thing, and bloody mary...but hey, im just thinkin 'out loud'

#20    swagger

swagger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:19 PM

I've had many encounters with shadowpeople, never in my bathroom, most were outside. But i have seen them in my room and in my hallway. They often put a sense of fear into me, but that may only be because i don't exactly know what they are. My thoughts are that they are 1. visiting perverts from another dimension. 2. Aliens who are invisible and projecting shadow. or 3. demons.

#21    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (snarkyologist @ Jun 14 2004, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Kismit @ Jun 4 2004, 06:14 AM)
What does appear to be a comon thread is the fact that most people who suffer from attacks by shadow people had traumatic or violent up bringings .

My daughter had a traumatic problem with a "shaddow person" for about a month last year, but she hasn't had a traumatic childhood (she was eight at the time this occured). I would love any insight anyone might have into her situation. I have a basic outline of what happened here: http://serpentsanddoves.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

Snarkyologist ,
  That's an interesting and frightening story . Your child was never attacked by any of these  shadow people was she ? Perhaps that's where the diference is .

I believe that diferent things trigger diferent , sightings and reports . For instance the shadow people that have made there way in to the unexplainable in  recent years , the ones that fleat through your vision or are seen out of the corner of your eye , are more likely a visual trick of light .

The entities that attack are a mental projection of some sort , now that does not entirely rule out a spiritual conection ,because the mental process may be what is required to bring out the entity . And then of course you have sleep paralisis which appears to back up the mental projection theory .

Was that the only time you used the Blog ? I couldn't find any other material on it .

#22    Wild_Woman

Wild_Woman

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

• If I make myself obscure, it's because I think in scores of tangents simultaneously.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:22 AM

ghosts sometimes hang around water sources because it helps them come visible, especially to the people with special connexions to water, you know, the ones who can detect under ground water with just a branch

As I was going down the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

#23    xanubia

xanubia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:29 AM

What are shadow people?

#24    fire_cat

fire_cat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• They want war too methodical, too measured; I would make it brisk, bold, impetuous, perhaps sometimes even audacious. -Jomini

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:59 AM

A water connection like surfing? wink2.gif  

#25    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (xanubia @ Jun 15 2004, 04:29 PM)
What are shadow people?

The term ,Shadow People ,is a loose discription for dark shadowy figures which are    reportedly encountered by people.

#26    SerenitysRiver

SerenitysRiver

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

• Lady Serenity of Moe, Goddess of Mongeese.
    Reflections are merely what we see in ourselves.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:58 AM

I have a shadow person/people (I think) that has followed me around since I moved to California. I'm not certain when I saw it first (it would have been after I was seven or so) but it's always been there. I've had friends see it/feel it too, even without me telling them anything beforehand. I had one friend who was so scared of it, she had a hard time being by herself in my house, especially upstairs (and this means if she's sleeping over and I have to go to the bathroom, she gets freaked being in my room alone. . .  and vice versa when she does to the restroom, etc.)

I think it crossed over to my new house too, but I'm not certain (I've only been here a few weeks, afterall.) I did feel scared of it sometimes. It's the strangest feeling. In my old hallway upstairs, I couldn't walk through it sometimes without my heart pounding and my head beginning to spin. Othertimes, I feel comfortable with it: safe. I suspect these two are seperate entities. I haven't felt the frightening one in the new house, only the friendly one (which is good. thumbsup.gif )

And about the bathrooms thing: it would make sense to see false shadow people in ones bathroom at night, when you're only awake enough to relive yourself. Your brain is a bit foochy (translation: not awake but not asleep) and your eyes will play tricks on you. . . .

Posted Image
"Just remember: Guns don't kill people; puppies kill people."-Fluffybunny
"Honors students are still evil human beings.... they're just better at it." - my teacher
"We do lots of interesting things in the locker room.... that sounded differently than it came out...." -Greg

#27    theytalktome04

theytalktome04

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:11 AM

[COLOR=blue] ph34r.gif [FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]  ok so i have a very big problem  my mother in laws house where i am stayin is like house on haunted hill. we have recently came over  2 apperitions that have been trying to push us down the fight of stairs n the man has tried to sufficte my friend who has recently came up for vacation we have gotten in touch with a psychic and she has sensed everything and the apperions i have seen for myself . one is a younger woman in a wardrobe sround 1940 like a white gown with black frilled ends opn the bottom n around the cuffs she stands in the mirror as if she is haunting my mother in law or as if she is jealous  the woman has a distorted face which is bloody and teeth r missing we were there tonight n she was screaming at me  just a sheer terror scream  like deffening liek a dog whistle but louder. i am the only person who sees these apperitions so it is very hard for me to explain to everyone how this is all coming about i have seen the man b4 he is in his mid 40s n older gentelman  from 1950  or 1960  wearing a sort of outr attire wear he is covered in sute n he sounds like he is runnings down the hall of the second floor it sound like he is chasing someone or sumthing n he apperas down stairs 2   there is a coal cellar in the basement n i think this is where these two are coming from as which as if they were disturbed by the building or this new house  or i donjt kno  the house was built 6 yrs ago and i cannot find any information on it yet     this house is about 4 to 5 miles from the gates of hell in wyoming pennsylvania. i dont kno what i sound do i think i should try to fix this  becuase i am the onli one be3ing able to see or hear them. the nioses they make and the sounds r horrible i have woken up to fighting n people walking down the hallway. sum one help me thanx  

#28    SerenitysRiver

SerenitysRiver

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

• Lady Serenity of Moe, Goddess of Mongeese.
    Reflections are merely what we see in ourselves.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:23 AM

Did you copy paste this reply? You could have just told people to go to your seperate thread. It's alright. . . but let's keep those responces there, just so we don't get off-topic. Okay? original.gif  

Posted Image
"Just remember: Guns don't kill people; puppies kill people."-Fluffybunny
"Honors students are still evil human beings.... they're just better at it." - my teacher
"We do lots of interesting things in the locker room.... that sounded differently than it came out...." -Greg

#29    ouijaouija

ouijaouija

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:14 AM

Okay, is it more likely to be some other being from another world, or even just your imagination. People need to think logically before automatically attributing such phenomea to the paranormal...

#30    DarkAnubis

DarkAnubis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• do you really wanna risk it?

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:09 PM

i am quite familiar with the shadow people, i had one very lengthy incident with them when i'd encounter them on a regular basis, but now it is only occasionally. The bathroom thing however, i never think those are shadow people cus with the light situations, and reflections of water, the shadows can be from just about anything. The ones i take seriously have human like form and are moving where every physical being in the area is stationary.  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users