Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Pole Shift - December 2012 or Oct 2013?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostEulalio, on 24 November 2009 - 10:50 PM, said:

How can you prove the non-existence of anything?

It is true, Nibiru's position hasn't been discovered yet, BUT, there are so many strong evidences available that suggest that there is a perturbing object or body that regularly visits our solar system that causes havoc on our neighbouring planets and even our own.
Some of these cataclysmic events can even be shown to be relatively recent, which suggests that a recurrence of such events can take place anytime soon.
Can you post this earth shattering evidence please
I have a big interest in Astronomy and I've read tons of books and pappers , never have i seen evidence of a rogue planet

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#17    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

View Postdanydandan, on 26 November 2009 - 07:03 PM, said:

Can you post this earth shattering evidence please
I have a big interest in Astronomy and I've read tons of books and pappers , never have i seen evidence of a rogue planet

likewise.

the truth is out there....

#18    adrianv

adrianv

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

Me too plox.

#19    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning?  On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun.  There is no doubt on this happening.  What will occur after that is what they do not know.  Considering the logic involved with the controlling factor of the sun's magnetic alignment with the other planets, they could follow because if you take two magnets that are aligned in such a way as to be repelling and attracting at the same time and you flip the axis of one, two things could happen.  Either the planets will be sucked into the sun because the sun is a roiling mass of inversion and when the magnet shifts poles, it will no longer repel, but attract.  Or, the attraction may be short-lived for the earth while it shifts poles to adjust; which would line up with Nostradamus and the Oct. 2013 date.  This has happened before in the latter 1800's, but the only thing that happened then was building started burning and every metal thing became hot enough to burn you.  
Now, consider all of the other debris in this solar system; the asteroid belts.  
What causes them to not be sucked into the sun other than the distance?  I've watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun.  And in my head I go over the reasons for all of the 'potholes' on the inner planets, i.e. Mercury, Venus, the moon, Mars.  But, there is much more evidence on other planets, like Jupiter gaining another 'red spot' and the volcanic activity of its moon Io which they say is causing auroras on the planet like our aurora borealis.

*edit punctuation..

Edited by greggK, 06 December 2009 - 05:11 PM.

It is me!

#20    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

View PostgreggK, on 06 December 2009 - 05:05 PM, said:

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning?  On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun.
Linky, please.

Posted Image

#21    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:15 AM

here is the link to the Nasa link. Note that the article is from February 15, 2001, not a really rescent one. It is now taken up by article by polarreversal.com.

Gregg, I don't know if you actually read the articles in question, but I sure see that you have no understanding of gravity and it's function within our solar system.

Als you seem to have overseen this little phrase in the article :

NASA scientists who monitor the Sun say that our star's awesome magnetic field flipped 22 months ago, signaling the arrival of a solar maximum. But it wasn't so obvious to the average human. Image

Yes, it already happend 22 months ago as well and behold, we are still here, no planets got sucked into the sun or expelled from the solar system, no buildings started burning nor did metal become so hot it could burn you.

Mind telling us where you got these theories of yours?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#22    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning?  On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun.  There is no doubt on this happening.  What will occur after that is what they do not know.  Considering the logic involved with the controlling factor of the sun's magnetic alignment with the other planets, they could follow because if you take two magnets that are aligned in such a way as to be repelling and attracting at the same time and you flip the axis of one, two things could happen.  Either the planets will be sucked into the sun because the sun is a roiling mass of inversion and when the magnet shifts poles, it will no longer repel, but attract.  Or, the attraction may be short-lived for the earth while it shifts poles to adjust; which would line up with Nostradamus and the Oct. 2013 date.  This has happened before in the latter 1800's, but the only thing that happened then was building started burning and every metal thing became hot enough to burn you.  
Now, consider all of the other debris in this solar system; the asteroid belts.  
What causes them to not be sucked into the sun other than the distance?  I've watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun.  And in my head I go over the reasons for all of the 'potholes' on the inner planets, i.e. Mercury, Venus, the moon, Mars.  But, there is much more evidence on other planets, like Jupiter gaining another 'red spot' and the volcanic activity of its moon Io which they say is causing auroras on the planet like our aurora borealis.

*edit punctuation..
The 11 year solar cycle is common knowledge.
http://spaceweather....spotnumber.html
Sure earth and other planets in our system show signs of impact. Tracking any pattern or timescale for events has so far not been successful. There is a roughly 26 million year extinction cycle that could be due to to the solar systems wobble as it passes through the galactic plane. Another theory is a brown dwarf sun disturbing the oort cloud and causing extinction events.
http://www.space.com...s_010320-1.html

Edited by jules99, 07 December 2009 - 07:33 AM.

#23    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

View PostEulalio, on 24 November 2009 - 04:05 AM, said:

According to the movie 2012, and supposedly the Mayan calendar, December 12, 2012 will be the day Earth's pole (or axis of rotation) will shift, causing unimaginable natural disasters and calamities all over the world.

Sorry the Mayan Calendar does not predict a pole shift just the end of an age.  Recent research indicates that the Mayan long count doesn't end in 2012 but in 2220.

#24    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 07 December 2009 - 07:15 AM, said:

here is the link to the Nasa link. Note that the article is from February 15, 2001, not a really rescent one. It is now taken up by article by polarreversal.com.

Gregg, I don't know if you actually read the articles in question, but I sure see that you have no understanding of gravity and it's function within our solar system.

Als you seem to have overseen this little phrase in the article :

Yes, it already happend 22 months ago as well and behold, we are still here, no planets got sucked into the sun or expelled from the solar system, no buildings started burning nor did metal become so hot it could burn you.

Mind telling us where you got these theories of yours?

http://science.nasa....er.htm?list5029

The strongest geomagnetic storm on record is the Carrington Event of August-September
1859, named after British astronomer Richard Carrington who witnessed the instigating solar flare with his unaided eye while he was projecting an image of the sun on a white screen. Geomagnetic activity triggered by the explosion electrified telegraph lines, shocking technicians and setting their telegraph papers on fire; Northern Lights spread as far south as Cuba and Hawaii; auroras over the Rocky Mountains were so bright, the glow woke campers who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning. Best estimates rank the Carrington Event as 50% or more stronger than the superstorm of May 1921.

http://chasblogspot....gton-event.html

In Philadelphia, a telegrapher was stunned by a severe shock. In some offices the equipment burst into flames. In Bergen, Norway, the operators had to scramble to disconnect the apparatus, risking electrocution. On top of this, compasses spun uselessly under the grip of the aurora, disrupting global navigation. [...]

There is witness reports from the US of communication towers burning and the buildings housing the telegraph equipment burning.

This is from TheSearcher's NASA site:

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

My question is now, 'Does gravity have poles?  Our sun creates a big huge bubble of magnetism extending about 50 AU (AU = the distance from the sun to the earth) outside Pluto.  Gravity is not dependent on magnetism, but mass.  It is the magnetism that attracts the mass.  In our solar system, we would never be able to go to the sun or Jupiter and have anything to survive the entry because of gravity.  Have you ever watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun?

The magnetism created by the earth repels the magnetism created by the sun because of the shifting poles.  Each object in this solar system has what mass causes and that is gravity.  The mass of the object does not necessarily cause magnetism, i.e. the moon, the asteroids, etc. but the atomic elemental makeup of the planet in question.  But, this leads into another discussion and that is the Shoemaker-Levy comets that were sucked into Jupiter.

The function of magnetism in our solar system is keeping the planets and the rest of the objects apart because they are not situated the same; they do not occupy the same position.  Otherwise, they would be sucked into each other.

The sun's poles must remain opposing to the rest of the solar system.

Consider how many times the sun has gone through its flipping magnetic poles. Also consider the list of times the earth has gone through the same.  There is a lot of things you could figure out.

Edited by greggK, 10 December 2009 - 05:15 PM.

It is me!

#25    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

Storm, here is your link.

http://blog.2012pro....r-storm-in-2012

It is me!

#26    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,449 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

Have y'all heard of NASA's latest warning?  On or around December 21, 2012 the sun will finish its 11 year cycle and there WILL be a pole reversal of the sun.  There is no doubt on this happening.  What will occur after that is what they do not know.  Considering the logic involved with the controlling factor of the sun's magnetic alignment with the other planets, they could follow because if you take two magnets that are aligned in such a way as to be repelling and attracting at the same time and you flip the axis of one, two things could happen.  Either the planets will be sucked into the sun because the sun is a roiling mass of inversion and when the magnet shifts poles, it will no longer repel, but attract.

I just read this with my mouth wide open.

The clue is the phrase 11 year cycle. Gregg, the sun's pole reversal happens every 11 years. Were we sucked in to the sun in 1998?

Clue: no.

Edited by Emma_Acid, 10 December 2009 - 05:58 PM.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#27    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

In the past 15 million years, there have been four reversals every 1 million years, or about one shift each 250,000 years, Clement explained. The last one, however, was 790,000 years ago. That might suggest we're overdue for a big change. Not necessarily so, Clement says. The flips are not periodic, meaning they don't adhere to a schedule of even intervals.

http://www.cnn.com/2...erse/index.html

Earth's Magnetic Field Weakens 10 Percent
By Andrew Bridges
Associated Press
posted: 03:25 pm ET
12 December 2003

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The strength of the Earth's magnetic field has decreased 10 percent over the past 150 years, raising the remote possibility that it may collapse and later reverse, flipping the planet's poles for the first time in nearly a million years, scientist said Thursday.

http://www.space.com...tic_031212.html

What the scientist think happens with a pole reversal is the major poles of the earth north/south dissolve into many smaller poles and the smaller poles reorganize into two major poles.  But, I add that the poles shifting are in reaction to the controlling poles of the solar system.

Now, the earth is said to have a pole shift every 250,000 years.  I believe that was the extinction event of the earth because the last event that they have determined is 790,000 years ago.  That contains 3 shift periods in there.  One more shift could be a full circle back to the of the last reversal.  I think though, that it all depends on how much the sun's poles shift and in what direction.

Edited by greggK, 10 December 2009 - 05:59 PM.

It is me!

#28    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Let's figure out an equation.

The sun's cycle is 11 years.
The earth's cycle is 250,000 years.

It could be 11/250,000 but that's not right.

The last major event having to do with reversal was in 1859; 150 years ago.  Go back 150 years before 1859 and what happened?

The year 1709.  Ever heard of the 'Little Ice Age?'  How about the Maunder Minimum?

Hold on Emma!

http://en.wikipedia....Maunder_Minimum

http://en.wikipedia..../Little_Ice_Age

1859 + 150 = 2009!  How about that?

The Maunder Minimum (minimum sunspot activity 1645 - 1715) was at it peak in 1709.

January 6, 1709 – Europe's coldest period in 500 years begins during the night, lasting three months and with its effects felt for the entire year.[1] In France, the coast of the Atlantic and Seine River freeze, crops fail, and 24,000 Parisians die.

Posted Image

That is a picture of Niagara Falls in 1911 and it is frozen.  That's 98 years ago.

Edited by greggK, 10 December 2009 - 06:59 PM.

It is me!

#29    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

View PostgreggK, on 10 December 2009 - 06:14 PM, said:

Let's figure out an equation.

The sun's cycle is 11 years.
The earth's cycle is 250,000 years.

It could be 11/250,000 but that's not right.

The last major event having to do with reversal was in 1859; 150 years ago.  Go back 150 years before 1859 and what happened?

The year 1709.  Ever heard of the 'Little Ice Age?'  How about the Maunder Minimum?

Hold on Emma!

http://en.wikipedia....Maunder_Minimum

http://en.wikipedia..../Little_Ice_Age

1859 + 150 = 2009!  How about that?

The Maunder Minimum (minimum sunspot activity 1645 - 1715) was at it peak in 1709.

January 6, 1709 – Europe's coldest period in 500 years begins during the night, lasting three months and with its effects felt for the entire year.[1] In France, the coast of the Atlantic and Seine River freeze, crops fail, and 24,000 Parisians die.

Posted Image

That is a picture of Niagara Falls in 1911 and it is frozen.  That's 98 years ago.

Apparently somebody doesn't like my way of proving things.  And the Administrator must have gone to Snopes and found it to be true.  That's where I got the photo from.  The freezing of Niagara Falls happened because of an iceberg clogged the river that fed the falls and it choked off the water during the winter.

An even more interesting date is 1848.  What happened in 1848 having to do with the 11 year solar cycle?
So, the photo is 1848.  That was 161 years ago.  Well within the framework of 150 years.  In fact 1859 - 1848 = 11.

Now, I am concentrating on the 150 year cycle. 150 years ago was 1859 which corresponded to a solar cycle.  150 years before that was 1709 and that correspond to an 11 year cycle.  

Now, in 2009 the dates correspond to the 11 year cycle.  We see what's happening and the shifts are becoming more pronounced because of our inventions which appeal to our overall psychology and the changes affect stuff like the disaster at Ft. Hood, TX.

But, what happened with the sun in 2009?
July 22 – The longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century, lasting up to 6 minutes and 38.8 seconds, occurs over parts of Asia and the Pacific Ocean; it is figured to be the most widely observed total eclipse in human history.

That is a definite sign.

Edited by greggK, 10 December 2009 - 10:53 PM.

It is me!

#30    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

View PostgreggK, on 10 December 2009 - 04:48 PM, said:

My question is now, 'Does gravity have poles? Our sun creates a big huge bubble of magnetism extending about 50 AU (AU = the distance from the sun to the earth) outside Pluto.  Gravity is not dependent on magnetism, but mass.  It is the magnetism that attracts the mass.  In our solar system, we would never be able to go to the sun or Jupiter and have anything to survive the entry because of gravity.  Have you ever watched videos of comets being sucked into the sun?

The magnetism created by the earth repels the magnetism created by the sun because of the shifting poles.  Each object in this solar system has what mass causes and that is gravity.  The mass of the object does not necessarily cause magnetism, i.e. the moon, the asteroids, etc. but the atomic elemental makeup of the planet in question.  But, this leads into another discussion and that is the Shoemaker-Levy comets that were sucked into Jupiter.

The function of magnetism in our solar system is keeping the planets and the rest of the objects apart because they are not situated the same; they do not occupy the same position.  Otherwise, they would be sucked into each other.

The sun's poles must remain opposing to the rest of the solar system.

A quick answer here, gravity has no polarity, so that should answer your question 'Does gravity have poles?'.
Gravity and magnetisme are indeed two separate things, one having nothing to do with the other. Contrary to what you say magnetism does not attract mass.  Active Gravitational mass is a property of the mass of an object that produces a gravitational field in the space surrounding the object. It is those gravitational fields that cause clouds of gas and dust to coalesce into stars and planets. And it is those same gravitational fields, that determine the orbits of various objects within the Solar System. Magnetism does not keep the planets and the rest of the objects apart.

Keppler's law of planetary motion is what explains this, you can find it here, explained better than I could ever do it.

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong, but it has nothing at all to do with the sun's polarity.

View PostgreggK, on 10 December 2009 - 05:59 PM, said:

What the scientist think happens with a pole reversal is the major poles of the earth north/south dissolve into many smaller poles and the smaller poles reorganize into two major poles.  But, I add that the poles shifting are in reaction to the controlling poles of the solar system.

Now, the earth is said to have a pole shift every 250,000 years.  I believe that was the extinction event of the earth because the last event that they have determined is 790,000 years ago.  That contains 3 shift periods in there.  One more shift could be a full circle back to the of the last reversal.  I think though, that it all depends on how much the sun's poles shift and in what direction.

There are two schools of thought about pole reversals :
First of all, there are those that believe an external event is the trigger. This means, external events which directly disrupt the flow in the Earth's core. External events may include, continental slabs carried down into the mantle by plate tectonics, new mantle plumes at the earth core boundry or large impact events (asteroid, planetoid etc.).

Then, there are those that think that a pole reversal is triggered by an internal event. Some scientists believe that reversals are inherent to the dynamo theory, which is how the geomagnetic field is generated in the first place. In simulations, magnetic field lines can sometimes become tangled and disorganized due to the motions of the liquid metal in the Earth's core. This can lead to a situation, so unstable, that the magnetic field spontaneously flips over into the opposite orientation.

A pole shift (the reversal of the rotational axe) however, would require outside forces of such magnitude, that our planet would most likely break up in pieces, before the shift even would happen. It is usually considered impossible for a pole shift to happen. As to the destruction of the planet, that's of course allways possible.

Now all this said, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals. There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions.  There is also no proof that a pole reversal on the sun is going to have any effect on the magnetic poles anywhere else.

Now as to your further posts, I don't really see where you're going there, but I know one thing : whether there is a causal connection between low sunspot activity and cold winters is the subject of ongoing debate and a specific mechanism by which solar activity results in climate change has not been established.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users