Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Pole Shift - December 2012 or Oct 2013?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

View PostgreggK, on 10 December 2009 - 06:14 PM, said:

Let's figure out an equation.

The sun's cycle is 11 years.
The earth's cycle is 250,000 years.

It could be 11/250,000 but that's not right.

The last major event having to do with reversal was in 1859; 150 years ago.

I'm glad to know that these ``cold snaps'' are based on both the Sun's and the Earth's magnetic cycles - even though the periodicity of ``cold snaps'' is not a common divisor of either.

But wait! 150 / 11 = 13.64, and everyone knows 13 is an unlucky number! Further, 250 000 / 150 = 1666.666, the evil number 666!

Obviously by the rules of numerology you are onto something.

#32    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

View Postsepulchrave, on 14 December 2009 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'm glad to know that these ``cold snaps'' are based on both the Sun's and the Earth's magnetic cycles - even though the periodicity of ``cold snaps'' is not a common divisor of either.

But wait! 150 / 11 = 13.64, and everyone knows 13 is an unlucky number! Further, 250 000 / 150 = 1666.666, the evil number 666!

Obviously by the rules of numerology you are onto something.

And everybody knows that numerology is a real science, as opposed to astronomy for example.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#33    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 16 December 2009 - 09:45 AM, said:

And everybody knows that numerology is a real science, as opposed to astronomy for example.

yeah i heard they were substituting it in for astronomy in college and uni. now.
thank my lucky numbers im almost outa there.

the truth is out there....

#34    Eulalio

Eulalio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:17 PM

The Kuiper cliff - proof of Planet X's existence  :alien:
http://shugborough.i...page=1&secid=-1

Short period comets - proof of Planet X' recent passage  :w00t:

La Li Lu Le Lo

#35    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

I really find interesting the hard core devotees to the concept of planet X wilfull ignorance of the fact it should be visible to amateur astronomers because of it's size and the gravitational field of said supposed planet x would already be affecting nearly every planet in our system.

#36    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,113 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:54 AM

View Postlookingfortruth, on 24 November 2009 - 11:55 PM, said:

I'm sorry, pole shifts take thousands of years

lol every time people talk about pole shifts i think of pole dancers i have a bad mind.

View PostgreggK, on 10 December 2009 - 06:14 PM, said:

Let's figure out an equation.

The sun's cycle is 11 years.
The earth's cycle is 250,000 years.

It could be 11/250,000 but that's not right.

The last major event having to do with reversal was in 1859; 150 years ago.  Go back 150 years before 1859 and what happened?

The year 1709.  Ever heard of the 'Little Ice Age?'  How about the Maunder Minimum?

Hold on Emma!

http://en.wikipedia....Maunder_Minimum

http://en.wikipedia..../Little_Ice_Age

1859 + 150 = 2009!  How about that?

The Maunder Minimum (minimum sunspot activity 1645 - 1715) was at it peak in 1709.

January 6, 1709 Europe's coldest period in 500 years begins during the night, lasting three months and with its effects felt for the entire year.[1] In France, the coast of the Atlantic and Seine River freeze, crops fail, and 24,000 Parisians die.

Well im writing this on 28/12/09 and didnt up north have a major cold snap over xmas? is the truth to this theory

View PostEulalio, on 23 December 2009 - 10:17 PM, said:

The Kuiper cliff - proof of Planet X's existence  :alien:

Short period comets - proof of Planet X' recent passage  :w00t:

View Postdigitalartist, on 24 December 2009 - 03:54 PM, said:

I really find interesting the hard core devotees to the concept of planet X wilfull ignorance of the fact it should be visible to amateur astronomers because of it's size and the gravitational field of said supposed planet x would already be affecting nearly every planet in our system.

Posted Image

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#37    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

I stopped even saying it, as it remains largely ignored by the believer side, whenever mentioned.

Publilius Syrus.

#38    modulo9

modulo9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

I really find interesting the hard core devotees to the concept of planet X willful ignorance of the fact it should be visible to amateur astronomers because of it's size and the gravitational field of said supposed planet x would already be affecting nearly every planet in our system.

Why do you say Planet X should be visible to amateur astronomers? (It's hypothesized to be be beyond the Kuiper Belt - but this is not necessarily where it is). What is Planet X'S size? Describe its orbit relative to our solar system's orbits.

You don't know the answers to these questions so I don't think your criticisms are valid.

#39    Horrendus Formidonis

Horrendus Formidonis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• There is something profoundly disturbing about a Hospital. A building kept so meticulously clean, but with rotting corpses hidden deep within.

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

Not to nitpick, but the mayan calendar measures many things. You a reffering to it's yearly properties. While it also gives info as to the day it is, just like the Gregorian Calendar, it also has a thing called the "Long Count" of which the theorist only care about is the B'ak'Tun. B'ak'tun is 20 cycles of Ka'tun, or 395 solar years. I only point this out because December 20th, 2012 is the ends of the current B'ak'tun. This means litteraly nothing, even the mayans didn't care. They had a party, and got on with it! Plus, the Earth has expierenced many B'ak'tun before, (Yes, the calendar has "Ended" before) and we are still here! See, the Mayans didn't think the world would end!

If a celestial body the size of a terrestrial planet was close enough to the earth for it's magnetosphere to effect ours,as you seem to think will happen, we are SCREWED! No, not because of Pole Shift, but rather to bodies of comparable size exert the action of gravity on one another. Earth and the fictional planet Nibiru would crash into one another. Hey, sounds like what Sitchin said about the fictional planet Tiamat! THAT crashed into Nibiru!

Nibiru would have to have existed beyond the Kuiper Belt, or we would have seen it by now. Anything large enough to qualify as a planet would be pretty easy to see. Modul, you Planet X devotees seem to think YOU know it's orbit! I beleive you told me it is in a "highly elliptical orbit", did you not? You also reasoned that despite our ability to see planet sized objects up to the Kuiper Belt, and beyond, we could not see Nibiru until it was hurtling into the sun. Also, let us stop and consider the notion that, even if Nibiru is real, we don't know were it is in it's orbit! This means it could, quite litteraly, PASS US BY. It's obviouse you seem to think that Nibiru can go past without disrupting the orbit of the planets, so is it not possible that, assuming Nibiru is real, it will just swing by the sun, and not hit us? I think so. We see plenty of Near Earth Asteroids every year, even though most aren't large enough to threaten us.

Also, the planets creator, Sitchin, dissagrees with the 2012 timing, so we must listen to Sitchin! He is Nibiru's god!

And I thought the discovery of the large, extra Kuiper belt dwarf planet would shut you all up. God, remember that? The tenth planet? Then we lost Pluto. And the object I am refering to is a dwarf planet anyways, so... Man, I wish I could Remember it's Name!

What was that!? In the corner! No, the other corner, you fool. Stop! Don't look directly at it! Did it just move? Come closer? Rest your eyes on the side of the screen. Watch it with you peripherals. There, did you see it? That is your deepest fears. I can show you them. Turn out the light, reach into the darkness, and find my hand. If you find it, hold it tight, and I will whisk you away on a journey. Find it? Got it? Good. You ready? Yes? Good. We're off.

#40    modulo9

modulo9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:24 AM

View PostShannons_Reality, on 30 December 2009 - 01:20 PM, said:

Modulo, you Planet X devotees seem to think YOU know it's orbit! I beleive you told me it is in a "highly elliptical orbit", did you not? You also reasoned that despite our ability to see planet sized objects up to the Kuiper Belt, and beyond, we could not see Nibiru until it was hurtling into the sun. Also, let us stop and consider the notion that, even if Nibiru is real, we don't know were it is in it's orbit! This means it could, quite litteraly, PASS US BY. It's obvious you seem to think that Nibiru can go past without disrupting the orbit of the planets, so is it not possible that, assuming Nibiru is real, it will just swing by the sun, and not hit us? I think so. We see plenty of Near Earth Asteroids every year, even though most aren't large enough to threaten us.

And I thought the discovery of the large, extra Kuiper belt dwarf planet would shut you all up. God, remember that? The tenth planet? Then we lost Pluto. And the object I am refering to is a dwarf planet anyways, so... Man, I wish I could Remember it's Name!

Do you mean Sedna 10,500 year elliptical orbit around Sun?

If orbit of Nibiru is perpendicular to our solar system orbits then it would be presently undetected. No one is saying Nibiru will crash into Earth only that its passing will have catastrophic geophysical effects on our planet. For example it could possibly pass at approx 90 - 135 degree angle perpendicular to Mars and asteroid belt.

Edited by modulo9, 31 December 2009 - 12:34 AM.

#41    Horrendus Formidonis

Horrendus Formidonis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• There is something profoundly disturbing about a Hospital. A building kept so meticulously clean, but with rotting corpses hidden deep within.

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:57 AM

Not necessarily. You even admitted yourself that you had no clue how large the fictional planet is, it's orbit, or how fast it is traveling. Maybe it isn't even a planet, and just a large Comet? Halley's comet passes near Earth every few years, and we see no disastrous effects. I just fail to see how you can beleive in something that A) No one has ever seen, B) Even the supporters can't agree on a description, and C) that has no physical proof. Atleast for you beleivers of Bigfoot, you have footprints.

What was that!? In the corner! No, the other corner, you fool. Stop! Don't look directly at it! Did it just move? Come closer? Rest your eyes on the side of the screen. Watch it with you peripherals. There, did you see it? That is your deepest fears. I can show you them. Turn out the light, reach into the darkness, and find my hand. If you find it, hold it tight, and I will whisk you away on a journey. Find it? Got it? Good. You ready? Yes? Good. We're off.

#42    SRCivic98

SRCivic98

Psychic Spy

• 1,612 posts

• When being pushed to the limits. Killing is just as easy as breathing.

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

View Postcharlote, on 24 November 2009 - 07:11 PM, said:

you seem to have done alot of research, but in the wrong place...

a pole shift takes thousands of years to occur and we are only just starting to go into a pole shift now. so if anything is going in 2012 i highly doubt it will be a pole shift.
that's unless we've been in a polar shift for years and are now getting ready to make another completition in another cycle. but then again, you are right about the time period....but look what we've been doing to assist this shift.

LIVE WITH HONOR, DIE WITH PRIDE - PERSONAL MOTTO

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME - SNAKE PLISKIN IN ESCAPE FROM LA

ONCE ALL THINGS ARE ELIMATED, WHAT REMAINS, NO MATTER HOW IMPROBIBABLE IT MAY SEEM, MUST BE THE TRUTH - SHERLOCK HOLMES

#43    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:00 AM

View Postmodulo9, on 30 December 2009 - 10:28 AM, said:

Why do you say Planet X should be visible to amateur astronomers? (It's hypothesized to be be beyond the Kuiper Belt - but this is not necessarily where it is). What is Planet X'S size? Describe its orbit relative to our solar system's orbits.

You don't know the answers to these questions so I don't think your criticisms are valid.

If you had taken the time to read some of his other posts in other threads, you'd not be saying that. This stuff has been rehashed over and over and over, see this post for example.  
According to believers, Nibiru 15 times the gravity and 5 times the size of Jupiter. As to where it comes from, still according to the believers, it would come from the direction of one of the southern constellations (as mentioned here)

Now I might be wrong, but any heavenly body that, allegedly is the 15 x the gravity and 5 x the size of Jupiter, will have an undeniable influence on the solar system. Said influence, if not the planet itself, could be observed by amateur telescopes. Only if there is something to see that is, which there isn't.

View PostSRCivic98, on 31 December 2009 - 05:38 AM, said:

that's unless we've been in a polar shift for years and are now getting ready to make another completition in another cycle. but then again, you are right about the time period....but look what we've been doing to assist this shift.

Since the only polar shift naturally occuring, is the geomagnetic reversal, the periodic reversal of the Earth's magnetic field (effectively switching the north and south magnetic poles), that's a pretty moot point.

A shift of the rotational poles, well the evidence shows that no rapid shifts in the pole have occurred during the last 200 million years and there is doubt that this can even occur without help of an outside force, like asteroid impact, for example. True polar wander is known to occur, but only at rates of 1 per million years or less.

Publilius Syrus.

#44    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• 1,904 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

To add to what TheSearcher has already stated...

View Postmodulo9, on 31 December 2009 - 12:24 AM, said:

If orbit of Nibiru is perpendicular to our solar system orbits then it would be presently undetected. No one is saying Nibiru will crash into Earth only that its passing will have catastrophic geophysical effects on our planet. For example it could possibly pass at approx 90 - 135 degree angle perpendicular to Mars and asteroid belt.
If you know, or can estimate:
  • The length of time it takes Nibiru to orbit the Sun,
  • The closest to the Sun Nibiru will come, and
  • The date when it was or will be closest to the Sun or closest to Earth (or any other known Solar system object),
I1 can calculate the possible locations in the sky where Nibiru would be.
  • The size of Nibiru, or
  • The planet type,
I can estimate how bright it will appear in the sky.

---------------
1. Well anyone who knows Kepler's laws can calculate it.

#45    Horrendus Formidonis

Horrendus Formidonis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

View Postsepulchrave, on 31 December 2009 - 08:00 AM, said:

1.The length of time it takes Nibiru to orbit the Sun,

2.The closest to the Sun Nibiru will come, and

3.The date when it was or will be closest to the Sun or closest to Earth (or any other known Solar system object),

I1 can calculate the possible locations in the sky where Nibiru would be.

1.The size of Nibiru, or

2.The planet type,

I can estimate how bright it will appear in the sky.

---------------
1. Well anyone who knows Kepler's laws can calculate it.

To bad it's impossible to measure those things on something entirerly fictional!

Edited by Shannons_Reality, 31 December 2009 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users