Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

philadelphia experiment

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    ellerja

ellerja

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

during ww2 with the help of albert einstein the us navy conducted an experiment at the philadephia naval yard. acording to memoes the ship was fitted with a series of electromagnetic coils and generators.acording to some the ship actually disapeared.reapearing some where else and killing and mutalating the crew.so does anyone beleive in this report or have some additional info?

#2    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

Best bet is to look through the wiki here, short and relevant info.
Personally, I'm pretty sure it's a hoax, and that it's been covered plenty of times here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#3    ellerja

ellerja

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 29 November 2009 - 10:42 PM, said:

Best bet is to look through the wiki here, short and relevant info.
Personally, I'm pretty sure it's a hoax, and that it's been covered plenty of times here.
i clicked in the search window on the subject but nothing came up.how do you research these topics?i will never be able to search all the threads.

#4    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

It looks like there's a problem with the search engine. I get this when I run a search:
Posted Image

If you click for the second page, it brings up the results.

No worries on your part, mate.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#5    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

http://en.wikipedia....phia_Experiment

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#6    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

View PostStellar, on 29 November 2009 - 11:15 PM, said:

D'oh. Forgot the linkage in my first post.

-Terry Pratchett

#7    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

View Postellerja, on 29 November 2009 - 10:29 PM, said:

during ww2 with the help of albert einstein the us navy conducted an experiment at the philadephia naval yard. acording to memoes the ship was fitted with a series of electromagnetic coils and generators.acording to some the ship actually disapeared.reapearing some where else and killing and mutalating the crew.so does anyone beleive in this report or have some additional info?
When I was younger and first heard the story I believed it. I still believe that the government did work on such a project especially in that time period with submarines. ANd that such projetcs such as cloaking air devices is going on today. However after alot of study I believe that many of the accounts most coming from a man claiming to have been on board the ship are fabricated.

There is a book called the Weird 100 I highly recomend as just a catylyst among many other books.

But the Weird 100 explains that the genesis of the Philadelphia Experiment, were first found in a publication called The Case for UFO's in 1955, by a fellow named Morris K. Jessup. A short time after the book came out he was contacted by a Carlos Miguel Allende who claims to have witnessed the experiment.
Many Navy personel believe the stories ensuing were created around a Naval experiment going on at the Philadelphia Naval Yard during WW2 which involved a sort of myst to hide the ship.

According to Naval research, the Eldridge was never docked at Philadelphia but who knows. The governent let's us know what they want us to know. However I do believe that the Rainbow Project or Philadelphia Experiment is a hoax.

:devil:

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#8    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

It is nothing but pure fabrication. More information can be found here.

#9    Supermanfan77

Supermanfan77

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

You should check out Philadelphia Experiment 1 & 2 they are Sci-Fi movies.   Great to watch

#10    ellerja

ellerja

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 29 November 2009 - 11:14 PM, said:

It looks like there's a problem with the search engine. I get this when I run a search:
Posted Image

If you click for the second page, it brings up the results.

No worries on your part, mate.
mine says no matches for philidalphia experiment

#11    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

View Postellerja, on 29 November 2009 - 11:52 PM, said:

mine says no matches for philidalphia experiment
Hm... I got just five results with that spelling.

No offense meant, but try spelling Philadelphia right, and see if it'll load more results.

-Terry Pratchett

#12    tinieblas

tinieblas

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• just because a million people believe in a stupid thing, doesn't stop it being a stupid thing

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 29 November 2009 - 11:20 PM, said:

It is nothing but pure fabrication. More information can be found here.

So if we suspect the government and military of covering something up we ask them and if they say "No" they must be telling the truth right?  We already know that they classified certain "unexplained vehicle encounter" reports, which were recently declassified and made public.  The military are the most paranoid of organisations and keep many secrets, such is the nature of such organisations.  To say they're not keeping stuff from Joe Public is silly.

Open Minded Seeker of the Possible
"there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio" - Hamlet
"science is a tool with which to measure, not a rule[r] with which to strike the supposedly ignorant" - source unknown
"the fact that a million people beleive in a stupid thing does not stop it from being a stupid thing" - Anon

#13    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

View Posttinieblas, on 30 November 2009 - 12:00 AM, said:

So if we suspect the government and military of covering something up we ask them and if they say "No" they must be telling the truth right?  We already know that they classified certain "unexplained vehicle encounter" reports, which were recently declassified and made public.  The military are the most paranoid of organisations and keep many secrets, such is the nature of such organisations.  To say they're not keeping stuff from Joe Public is silly.

So you say that while keeping all relevant data such as the logs of the two ships available to anyone, they are also lying about the time of commissioning of the ship, forcing the people who served on it to lie, hiding Einstein's unified field theory from the world and establishing the ONR in complete secret three years before it officially happened. I think the one being paranoid is not the military.

#14    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 30 November 2009 - 06:45 AM, said:

So you say that while keeping all relevant data such as the logs of the two ships available to anyone, they are also lying about the time of commissioning of the ship, forcing the people who served on it to lie, hiding Einstein's unified field theory from the world and establishing the ONR in complete secret three years before it officially happened. I think the one being paranoid is not the military.

Don't forget all the families of those who served on those ships.  They have kept them from saying anything, even on their death beds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users