Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alien Attack!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Mishari

Mishari

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:31 PM

hello people, ok this arguement is about a thing that has troubled me after watching a moive. Why do we always assume that when you come with alien contact that there will be a disaster, like a war. i mean can't the encounter be a peaceful one where we share knowledge and explore each other's lives and help each other.
Your thoughts?

#2    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:35 PM

Yes there is no reason to think that contact will be disasterous.

Hollywood sensationalism leads to this idea, FEAR sells big bucks....just ask CNN

Thats why I was a little sour about that movie 'Signs' it promoted fear of crop circles much the same way 'Jaws' lead to the slaughter of thousands of sharks sad.gif

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#3    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:38 PM

Would you shell out 8 to 15 dollars to watch a movie where the Humans and Aliens talked and went on Day Trips for 2 to 3 hours? I thought not. That's why there's so many Alien Attack movies out there.. wink2.gif  

#4    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:58 PM

Would you shell out 8 to 15 dollars to watch a movie where the Humans and Aliens talked and went on Day Trips for 2 to 3 hours? I thought not. That's why there's so many Alien Attack movies out there..

Exactly...supply and demand!

There are way more things here on our planet to be concerned with, we need not look to the stars for things to fear.

user posted image

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Posted Image

#5    cor_raven

cor_raven

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

• Owner of the One and only Dancing Chupacabras

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:25 PM

i think that it would be attack a blood bath because the world leaders would shoot them out of the sky or radicalists would asainate them. we ask why they haven't shown up. just look what happens to some people who come from another country,  

Posted Image
I HAVE SEEN THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN....................AND IT IS GOOD
6*7=42, it's all you need to know
The Barman And UA's Avitars

I HATE SAURKRAUT

#6    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:32 PM

I think that part of it may be due to the fact that most of the time on earth when a more advanced culture meets a less advanced culture, bad things tend to happen to the less advanced culture...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#7    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:48 PM

bad things tend to happen to the less advanced culture...

Exactly.

When people ask 'why don't they just come down' don't realize what a delicate descision that would be to make, as with the disclosure of any info pertaining them coming down in the past.

Although the people that say that are the ones most prepared for contact I would believe.

There is still a great many people not prepared and to them the idea is horrific.

The obvious higher technology needed to travel here I think would allow alien visitors the ability to 'learn' the divisions of society very quickly. I mean they seem to be sending enough objects here, they must have accumulated some data on us by now. wink2.gif  

Posted Image

#8    MrScuzzles

MrScuzzles

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

• Making people uncomfortable since 1988

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Mishari @ Jun 3 2004, 04:31 PM)
Why do we always assume that when you come with alien contact that there will be a disaster, like a war. i mean can't the encounter be a peaceful one where we share knowledge and explore each other's lives and help each other.

Knowing most people in the world, no we can't.  There would be mass hysteria if aliens told us things that we don't want to hear.  For example
, (bad example) if aliens said there was no God, religious folkes would start killing innocent aliens and start a huge war.  Or at least that's my philosophy.

#9    cor_raven

cor_raven

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:11 AM

you are right mr.scuzz

Posted Image

I HATE SAURKRAUT

#10    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:01 AM

can't the encounter be a peaceful one where we share knowledge and explore each other's lives and help each other.

*plays violin*

the world needs more people like you!

You are  so obviously not an American.  laugh.gif

our motto : shoot first and ask questions later

Edited by moe eubleck, 04 June 2004 - 01:04 AM.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#11    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:13 AM

Has anyone had the oppurtunity to read 'The Brookings Report' from 1961 about space exploration and disclosure of findings?

Attached Files

Posted Image

#12    cor_raven

cor_raven

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (moe eubleck @ Jun 4 2004, 02:01 AM)
You are  so obviously not an American.  laugh.gif

our motto : shoot first and ask questions later

and somtimes we don't evan ask questions

Posted Image

I HATE SAURKRAUT

#13    Bird Flu

Bird Flu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:55 AM

people are always scared of what they dont know about-like religion, theyre scared of going to hell and such without knowing fully it exists. to me its human nature. personally I think if aliens wanted war and things, they would have done so by now instead of leaving pretty designs in corn fields and flying around sight seeing

#14    cloudedmoon

cloudedmoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:20 AM

There has been movies of peaceful alien encounters. "Enemy Mine", ET, Contact, Close Encounters and some others I can't think of right know.  But we are Americans  we like war. gunsmilie.gif Most of our movies are about war.  Look at the video store. Violents is King.
PEACELOVEHOPE
cloudedmoon

#15    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:30 AM

Moe was once attacked by aliens.

It was a cold night in July . He was walking about the dense woods, drunk off brandy wine. The think undergrowth tore at his pink pajamas, cut into his legs like claws. But Moe payed them no heed. For it was good brandy wine.
  the moon was full, a winter equinox. It peaked through dark cloud. This was Moe's guiding light.  For he very much intended to touch that glowing orb.
   Moe soon had his wish granted. A sudden wind knocked him from his feet ,and a bright light forced his hands over his eyes.
   A rippling sensation passed though him as if his entire reality was swirling in a mist. But this was not shroom juice. OH NO! Twas brandy wine, so Moe had no choice but to believe his own eyes.
  Suddenly ,there were white walls around him on three sides save for a small hole infront of him with a dim light peaking through. This, Moe crawled though and led him into a large antichamber.
It was immense. Moe could detect no ceiling above him . The walls were lined with embryo filled tanks. Flashing control panels and other such gadgets were carefully placed . Indeed. it appeared that Moe had been abducted by aliens.
  Giving away this obvious observation were the aliens themselves. They were grays of course. Appearing out of thin air , as was fashionable at the time. They gazed at Moe with penetrating eyes and pointed at him.
Straange that! Standing amidst a hundred or so aliens, all staring at pointing.
  " what do want from me??" Moe cried beggining to tremble.
They continued to point and stare. This went on untill a drunken Moe had lost all nerve.
   "Stop staring at me!" years of martial arts training began to kick Moes nerevs into fighting form. He took a white crane stance, raising one leg above his head , arms raised in a V..............

* music from "enter the dragon"**

But then fell to the floor from the Brandy wine in his veins.
Later Moe woke up in his own bed. But something was missing. It was his pink Nighty!!  They had stolen it. His precious! Gone.
  He raised his hands and let out a primal scream." Thief!! Thief! Grayzez! Theivzez! They stole our precious from us! And WE HATES THEM!! FOREVER!!!!"

Edited by moe eubleck, 05 June 2004 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users